Bunratty V Shannon Olympic A
Rhine Rovers V Newmarket Cel B
Corofin Harps V Newtown A
Newtown B V St.Pats A

Predictions Please!!!!!!!!

CousinSylDolan
13/02/2006, 12:58 PM
I would expect Bunratty to beat Shannon oly:rolleyes:

Based on what!!!! The recent lg form of both sides or the fact Oly won the MJC game between them 3-0.

Spudd
13/02/2006, 1:24 PM
You'd expect any team a division above there opponents to win,wouldnt ya?

OpenGoal
14/02/2006, 9:07 AM
Why would you expect that? Any predictions should be made on current form, and not which division a team is in - considering that is based on last years form.

CousinSylDolan
14/02/2006, 9:24 AM
Today's Clare People has a prediction for every game in Rd 1.....

leftie
14/02/2006, 9:47 AM
Any chance you could repeat some of them? I wonder who makes their predictions and what they go on as surely they can't have seen all teams in action.

CousinSylDolan
14/02/2006, 9:54 AM
Shannon Olympic B V Kilrush Rangers away
Turnpike rovers V Connolly Celtic ???
Burren United V Avenue United B ???
Mountshannon Celtic V Tulla Utd home
Kilkishen Cel V Moher Celtic away
Hermitage V Avenue United A away
Inch Crusaders V Ennistymon Town away
Bridge Celtic A V Newmarket Celtic A home
Kilkee V Bridge Utd A away
Rinnanna A V Lifford A away
Rock Rovers V Rinnanna Rovers B home
Manus Celtic V Kilmaley United away
Bunratty V Shannon Olympic A away
Rhine Rovers V Newmarket Cel B ???
Corofin Harps V Newtown A away
Newtown B V St.Pats A away

Not sure what they base their predictions on. In the paper this week people are invited to mail the guy that does the soccer coverage and let him know what we think.

First
14/02/2006, 10:44 AM
Any chance you could repeat some of them? I wonder who makes their predictions and what they go on as surely they can't have seen all teams in action.

You can buy this weeks Clare People for 50 cents, a Shannon promotion, must be a Clare Champion town.:D

First
14/02/2006, 11:05 AM
Newmarket to win the cup

CousinSylDolan
20/02/2006, 7:35 AM
Lynch Hotels Clare & District Soccer League Fixtures
Sunday 26/02/06
Clare Cup Second Round
Mullagh: Burren United V Avenue United B
J.Stanford 11.00
Scariff: Mountshannon Celtic V Tulla United
P.Mulready 11.00

Kilkishen: Kilkishen Celtic V Moher Celtic
F.Coote 11.00

Fairgreen: Hermitage V Avenue United A
P.Cullen 11.00

O`Briensbridge: Bridge Celtic A V Newmarket Celtic A F.Coote 2.30

Kilkee: Kilkee V Bridge United A
J.Stanford 2.30

Rinnanna: Rinnanna Rovers A V Lifford A
J.Deniffee 11.00

Lees Road Pitch 4: Rock Rovers V Rinnanna Rovers B P.Markham 2.30

Tiermaclane: Manus Celtic V Kilmaley United
N.Bennett 11.00

Bunratty: Bunratty V Shannon Olympic A
A.Murphy 12.45

Quin: Rhine Rovers V Newmarket Celtic B
A.Murphy 10.30

Corofin: Corofin Harps V Newtown A
P.Markham 11.00

Ballycasey: Newtown B V St.Pats A

Note: In event of a draw 10 mins e/w extra time & penalty’s if necessary.

OpenGoal
27/02/2006, 9:25 AM
Newtown beaten by corofin? Bit of a strange result lads? corofin languishing close to the bottom of the first division, what went wrong yesterday?

CousinSylDolan
27/02/2006, 11:10 AM
Surprising to see Newmarket and Newtown go out alright. They had tough away draws though and Corofin are the holders dont forget.

Well done to Olympic yesterday.... Bunratty had the better of the 1st half but Olympic deserved it on the second half performance. Very disappointing the 2 second half goals we conceded though...

Any word of when the draw for the last 16 takes place?????
Who are the favourites to win it now????? Might be worth a trip to Bad Blokes in Newmarket (they do betting for it) and sticking a few quid on Avenue I reckon.

flammen
27/02/2006, 3:26 PM
Good convincing wins for Lifford and Avenue. Lifford were doubted by a few people before this, but proved them wrong. Avenue had an easy win over the tage. 3 nil up after 10 mins so the game was practically over.
These two and the Bridge have to be favourites. But last years two finalists had good wins as well, so its very early yet. When is the draw for next round

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2006, 7:11 AM
(1)Rock Rovers vs Bridge Utd A
(2)Manus Celtic vs Mountshannon
(3)Turnpike or Connolly vs Shn Oly B or Kilrush
(4)Lifford vs Avenue
(5)Newmarket B vs Corofin
(6)Inch Crusaders vs Avenue B
(7)Bridge Celtic A vs Newtown B
(8)Moher Celtic vs Shn Oly A

Quarter Final Draw...

6 vs 3
7 vs 1
4 vs 8
5 vs 2

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2006, 7:12 AM
Includes some under 16 teams...

Newtown vs Turnpike
Bunratty vs Connolly
Moneypoint vs Newmarket
Lifford a bye

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2006, 7:16 AM
Includes some U 17 teams....

1st Round Draw...

(1)Hermitage vs Bridge Utd
(2)Moher vs Connolly
(3)Newmarket vs St. Pats
(4)Bunratty a bye
(5)Lifford a bye
(6)Turnpike a bye
(7)Newtown a bye
(8)Cratloe a bye

Quarter Final Draw...

2 vs 5
7 vs 6
8 vs 3
4 vs 1

OpenGoal
28/02/2006, 8:49 AM
"Well done to Olympic yesterday.... Bunratty had the better of the 1st half but Olympic deserved it on the second half performance. Very disappointing the 2 second half goals we conceded though..."

Yeah, I agree. Bunratty shaded it in the first half - especially the in the 20 mins up to the break, ye were well on top. Dont know what you mean about the two late goals, I thought they were classy finishes ;-)

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2006, 9:24 AM
Yeah, I agree. Bunratty shaded it in the first half - especially the in the 20 mins up to the break, ye were well on top. Dont know what you mean about the two late goals, I thought they were classy finishes ;-)

I never mentioned any late goals... We were disappointed with the 2 goals we conceded in the second half... Good finishes they were alright but you could probably be known as Diego after the equaliser...:D :D :D

Tough draw for ye but I expect ye will beat Moher. Then its a trip to Lee's road to meet one of the Premier contenters Lifford or Avenue...

Not much from the Newtown contingent on here in the last 2 days... I was surprised to see their center forward out watching the Bunratty/Oly game Sunday when his team was in Corofin playing...

flammen
28/02/2006, 10:20 AM
LIfford against Avenue. Must be tie of the round . Played in the same round last season, Avenue won 2-1 AET. Every game played between these two in the last 2 years has been very cose.
Moher and Olymipic, both teams look set for promoption, so can see fairly little between these two . The two winners of these two games play each other, although cant see any team looking beyond the next round just yet.

Is this not the 3rd round ?

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2006, 10:51 AM
Is this not the 3rd round ?

I think the 1st round of games were a premliminary round and the games played last Sunday were 1st round. There are 2 games next Sunday in the 1st round even though there seems to be a misprint in the fixtures saying they are 2nd round.

OpenGoal
28/02/2006, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=CousinSylDolan]I never mentioned any late goals... We were disappointed with the 2 goals we conceded in the second half... Good finishes they were alright but you could probably be known as Diego after the equaliser...:D :D :D

Tough draw for ye but I expect ye will beat Moher. Then its a trip to Lee's road to meet one of the Premier contenters Lifford or Avenue...

J*sus, thats a tough draw for us alright. Moher, then potentially Ave or Lifford. Still, if you are to win you have to play the best sides at some stage.

For the record, that ball was crossing the line before it made contact with any hands!!! Not much football played, but good encounter all the same I thought. both teams fought hard. Ye couldve had a penalty for handball at the end at it all would have been different!

CousinSylDolan
28/02/2006, 1:05 PM
For the record, that ball was crossing the line before it made contact with any hands!!! Not much football played, but good encounter all the same I thought. both teams fought hard. Ye couldve had a penalty for handball at the end at it all would have been different!

I would say hands made contact with the ball not the ball made contact with hands... It was a penalty for Bunratty at the end alright but thats the way things have been going for us this season. The ref was at the wrong side and simply did not see it...

Better team on the day overall won and deserved to go through. Here's hoping we will have a few lg games against each other next season.

old boy
28/02/2006, 2:24 PM
Good finishes they were alright but you could probably be known as Diego after the equaliser

Don't say that, he'll be calling himself diego from now on:eek:

Not much from the Newtown contingent on here in the last 2 days... I was surprised to see their center forward out watching the Bunratty/Oly game Sunday when his team was in Corofin playing...

Cousin, surprised, why be suprised, If it is the same center forward i'm thinking of, it doesn't surprise me at all for him to turn up to the wrong game.[/QUOTE]

must be still drowning their sorrows in the lodge & probally getting slagged by their b team as they won cup match on sunday afternoon .....or hiding from rocksy
seems he was not at match sunday... doubt he was very impressed
who was the so called centre forward out at bunratty match :D

BallBreaker
28/02/2006, 10:45 PM
Cousin, surprised, why be suprised, If it is the same center forward i'm thinking of, it doesn't surprise me at all for him to turn up to the wrong game.

must be still drowning their sorrows in the lodge & probally getting slagged by their b team as they won cup match on sunday afternoon .....or hiding from rocksy
who was the so called centre forward out at bunratty match :D[/QUOTE]

for your information the A team and all assosiated with them were more than delighted that the B team were victorious last Sunday,sounds to me you are happy Newtown A were beat,

old boy
01/03/2006, 8:29 AM
who was the so called centre forward out at bunratty match :D

for your information the A team and all assosiated with them were more than delighted that the B team were victorious last Sunday,sounds to me you are happy Newtown A were beat,[/QUOTE]

just passed comment that b team were probally slagging ye off as you all drink in lodge ... never mentioned anywere i was happy or delighted.... but as one of the stronger teams is out of the cup
i would not be to unhappy :eek: :eek:

flammen
01/03/2006, 11:35 AM
Anyone know when the 3rd round is ment to be played.

loose cannon
01/03/2006, 3:41 PM
Cuz, Open goal that was not a penalty at the end. Brian O' connor dived in similar to John Terry but unlike the aformentioned, he did not use his hands. It actually hit him in the chest, he even pulled up his shirt to show some of your lads the mark it made. I was right long side him, and i can honestly say he didnt touch it with his hands. Albert was very close by otherwise he may like many have thought it a penalty.
However this doesnt take from the fact that it was a poor game and we were lucky to get a win. Our worst performance of the season, and we will have to improve to go any further.
Ye could have done with the newtown centre forward.