PDA

View Full Version : 24-New Series

joeSoap
13/02/2006, 8:21 AM
As someone who thought the first two days of 24 were sublime, the third one slightly slipping, the fourth one quite poor, I was eager to see if Day 5 could arrest the slide, so, armed with a freezing 6 pack of heineken, and a nice bowl of popcorn, I planted myself in front of the box last night for the first two episodes.

Sadly, it appears this is going to be even more sh1te... unbelieveable in the extreme, and sadly lacking Elisha Cuthbert.:eek:

Even sadder still is the fact that I'm probably gonna keep watching it....

$Leon$
13/02/2006, 10:03 AM
any idea when rte are due to get it?

Neish
13/02/2006, 10:37 AM
As someone who thought the first two days of 24 were sublime, the third one slightly slipping, the fourth one quite poor, I was eager to see if Day 5 could arrest the slide, so, armed with a freezing 6 pack of heineken, and a nice bowl of popcorn, I planted myself in front of the box last night for the first two episodes.

Sadly, it appears this is going to be even more sh1te... unbelieveable in the extreme, and sadly lacking Elisha Cuthbert.:eek:

Even sadder still is the fact that I'm probably gonna keep watching it....

Havn't seen Day 5 yet, but would agree with you 100% about the rest. Loved the 1st two series, the 3rd was ok and I stopped watching about 10 episodes into day 4.

Wasn't expecting Day 5 to be anything special, and Joe Soap's comments have just confirmed that. Will give it a go whenever it come on RTE or C4 but I'm not expecting much. Besides there is lost to watch now and I hear they are getting the new series of the sopranos within the next month or two so I don't really care if I never see 24 Day 5.

Jerry The Saint
13/02/2006, 10:47 AM
As someone who thought the first two days of 24 were sublime, the third one slightly slipping, the fourth one quite poor,

Similar enough to my thoughts although I'd probably put Day 4 ahead of 3.

I enjoyed the 2 hours last night, I think we just have to accept that they've finally abandoned even the pretense of the real-time format. :( Character gets assasinated and 5 minutes later the story's on Fox News - they hardly had time to check for a pulse, FFS. :eek:

Anyway I heard somewhere that Elisha does pop up somewhere around the middle of the day - getting kidnapped or terrorised by a mountain lion no doubt.:D

Even sadder still is the fact that I'm probably gonna keep watching it...

Same here!

pete
13/02/2006, 11:27 AM
As someone who thought the first two days of 24 were sublime, the third one slightly slipping, the fourth one quite poor, I was eager to see if Day 5 could arrest the slide

Agree with one that summary. Still eventhough its gradually got worse can still watch for the comedy factor. Day 4 had terrible plot & they just seemed to make up as they went along.

I did notice that CTU folks seem to live very close to work as newbie left whats-her-names apartment & was in work 5 minutes later. If 24 abuses the realtime factor it loses its originality. Good news that Sky are doing double episodes as means won't take 5 months to watch then.

For all my moaning will still watch it though.

Aberdonian Stu
13/02/2006, 12:17 PM
Whoa I don't know what I'm reading here. Firstly Elisha Cuthbert, while immensely hot, was always rather annoying in 24.

Next up I don't know how you guys don't think this is a massive improvement on days 3 & 4. I've watched the first seven hours and have just been blown away by the series so far, it's the most excited I've been about the show since Day 1 (although it might be considered inferior to Day 2 I feel the freshness of the show made it more exciting).

pete
13/02/2006, 1:48 PM
Next up I don't know how you guys don't think this is a massive improvement on days 3 & 4. I've watched the first seven hours and have just been blown away by the series so far...

Well we've only seen 2 hours of so can't comment on the other 5 hours...

Aberdonian Stu
13/02/2006, 2:08 PM
Yeah but I thought the first two were great.

joeSoap
14/02/2006, 8:33 AM
Elisha Cuthbert, while immensely hot, was always rather annoying in 24.

How could you say that......really...:eek: :eek:

James
14/02/2006, 9:10 AM
saw the first 2hrs on sunday night on sky and yeah the real time has gone totally awol fair nufff. I had just finished watching days 1 to 4 (thanks to ebay) so i was looking forward to what 5 had to offer above the presvious ones. gotta say though 1st 2 hrs have been dissapointing, but yeah will prob keep watching it.

Stu where did you see the first 7 hrs of it?

Student Mullet
16/02/2006, 10:47 PM
Whoa I don't know what I'm reading here. Firstly Elisha Cuthbert, while immensely hot, was always rather annoying in 24.

Next up I don't know how you guys don't think this is a massive improvement on days 3 & 4. I've watched the first seven hours and have just been blown away by the series so far, it's the most excited I've been about the show since Day 1 (although it might be considered inferior to Day 2 I feel the freshness of the show made it more exciting).I couldn't disagree more (at least with your second point). Things just get stupider and stupider as the show goes on. We'll probably have to leave the argument there though so as to not give anything away.

The Pie Man
19/02/2006, 9:39 PM
anyone notice the presidant looks a like nixon ?????

pete
20/02/2006, 10:49 AM
anyone notice the presidant looks a like nixon ?????

his nose? ;)