PDA

View Full Version : GUST Ladies Football Team

galwaygirl
09/02/2006, 8:45 AM
Taken from yesterday's Galway Independent
Galway United Supporters Trust are holding trials for a womens football team this Saturday at the Hibernians pitch in Bohermore (3.30pm). For further details contact Ronan at (087) 6972823

geezer
09/02/2006, 10:29 AM
hope to see you galway girl. Our vision is to have in 5 years ladies teams at u12,u14,u16,minor, junior and feeding into Galway United at senior level eventually. 150 players all developing an interest in United over the period and hopefully coming to our eircom league games with their friends, workmates and famlies. The trust has contributed 45000 cash to united in the year 2005 alone (this does not include our contribution in season ticket sales) our members are standing in shopping centres, flogging season tickets and merchandise and our lotto sales were the biggest ever last sunday. Our members are stewarding at matches, on the executive and Diarmuid represents us on the Board. We are sponsoring the Wycombe trip as well.
We need all the help we can get. we meet the first tuesday of every month and visit our website online www.gust-online.com

galwaygirl
09/02/2006, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry Geezer but my playing days are over, i had to take early retirement a few years back :D

geezer
09/02/2006, 8:57 PM
to join the team we will require administrative and logistical help, water carriers, team talkers, phsycologists, Pitch Liners, net put uppers, goal post assemblers
their is a role for everyone, Did you know there are 850,000 registered women players in germany. Its the fastest growing sport in the world. The ethos of our womens football will be teamwork and goal attainment... if nothing appeals above just support us when you can by your presence and tell all the ladies you know about our vision

Mr A
09/02/2006, 10:36 PM
You really reckon we'll need "phsycologists" Geezer?! Also its spelt psychologist and I'm available for the position! Hope theres a good turn out sat, see you there!
Lins :)

Patrick Dunne
10/02/2006, 4:37 PM
Twelve members in Wycombe
Merchandise stand in Galway Shopping Centre (Saturday 11.00am - 6.00pm)
Womens football trials in Bohermore (Saturday 3.30)
Nightowls team have friendly in Mervue (Saturday 3.00)
Lotto draw in Foxes (Sunday - jackpot E9,800)

One of the intial aims of the GUST was to promote community based initiatives, great to see this happening. Well done to all our members.