PDA

View Full Version : Kearney tribunal

ccfcgirl
08/02/2006, 10:17 PM
Cork City are getting no compensation for Liam .He is now a free agent .:mad: I think this is a disgrace ,City should of got some knid of compensation .

EnDai
08/02/2006, 11:32 PM
He hasn't signed for anyone yet, so a bit much to expect compensation because he decided to become unemployed.

On a realistic level, I do think that you should be entitled to compensation whoever he signs for. However, if that result today see's him sign for Shelbourne for free I won't be doing much complaining. Whoever he goes too you'll have every right to feel hard done by.

A face
09/02/2006, 12:37 AM
He has shown his calibre, City know what they got .... move on, thanks be to fĂșck, end of !!

pete
09/02/2006, 9:13 AM
On a realistic level, I do think that you should be entitled to compensation whoever he signs for. However, if that result today see's him sign for Shelbourne for free I won't be doing much complaining. Whoever he goes too you'll have every right to feel hard done by.

The tribunal decided that CCFC are not due compensation from any club he signs for now.

Dricky
09/02/2006, 9:47 AM
It's done and dusted, move on.
It is setting a precedent though which will hurt teams should people wish to move abroad. There is a reason the u23 rule was there to protect home clubs from larger clubs abroad, now they can move like on a bosman. So I ask what is the point of having the u23 rule at all. All a player has to do is refuse a contract. No club will pay a player who is out of contract. They then walk for free.

joeSoap
09/02/2006, 9:59 AM
Surely any compensation ye might have got would have been very small anyway. And why would ye have been entitled to it in the first place. He was a free agent when ye signed him, and he has since seen out his contract and become a free agent again. Cork didn't rear him, train him as a youngster, develop him initially. That was done by whoever his schoolboy club was and Nottingham Forest. They would both be in line for more compensation than CCFC surely?

And no, I'm not taking the mick here.....its how I see it.

Dricky
09/02/2006, 10:21 AM
Surely any compensation ye might have got would have been very small anyway. And why would ye have been entitled to it in the first place. He was a free agent when ye signed him, and he has since seen out his contract and become a free agent again. Cork didn't rear him, train him as a youngster, develop him initially. That was done by whoever his schoolboy club was and Nottingham Forest. They would both be in line for more compensation than CCFC surely?

And no, I'm not taking the mick here.....its how I see it.

Agreed that it should go all the way down the line but if the club that made him full time doesn't get it then the rest won't either. That's my big worry. Take an club really wanting someone, get's in their ear (as we can see has happened) tells them to go home sit it out and then signs them on a free. It stops all the clubs who should get something getting anything.

kingcolers
09/02/2006, 10:46 AM
still baffled and annoyed by this whole thing. what a knob.

Gandhi
09/02/2006, 1:13 PM
does he see himself as being ready for the big time now or something? was Cork City his shop window? good luck to him if he goes abroad but it would be pretty annoying to see him sign for another Irish club. signing for another Irish club would be a step backwards for him, with the sole exception of signing for Shels - which would be a slightly treacherous thing for him to do and he would probably come in for a fairly hot reception any time we played them

EnDai
09/02/2006, 1:31 PM
The tribunal decided that CCFC are not due compensation from any club he signs for now.
Aye,w ell aware of that. Meant purely from a personal point of view, should. :)

pete
09/02/2006, 1:38 PM
Aye,w ell aware of that. Meant purely from a personal point of view, should. :)

If the rules say we due compensation then we should get some & if not in the rules then we shouldn't. The rules seem very complicated & i would not confidence in the FAI. However CCFC were represented by a barristor so can assume we found our case on the rules.

Peadar
09/02/2006, 3:32 PM
Kearney should come with a warning to any club who sign him.
He has no loyalty whatsoever!
Shels are welcome to him.
We saw what happend to Shels last season with their band of money grabbers. Keep it up. The rest of us are loving it!

ccfcman
10/02/2006, 8:06 AM
Morley, Ollie, Reynolds, will all pale into insignificance, their moving away from Cork was one thing, but Kearney, he would be stuck in a Centra in Conna, were it not for City! By christ, when Kearney and the mercenary band wagon role into town, I will have many an expletive to roll off my tongue :>

higgins
10/02/2006, 9:33 AM
By christ, when Kearney and the mercenary band wagon role into town, I will have many an expletive to roll off my tongue :>

I hope it makes you feel really hard :(

Kearney has not signed for Shels yet so you may or may not get your chance to abuse him for moving job.

ccfcman
10/02/2006, 10:12 AM
Yes I feel like a right toughy me :>