PDA

View Full Version : Mido

lofty9
08/02/2006, 10:13 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere. Anyone see his histrionics last night when substituted? It was Cantona-esque! He went off on one and tried to get to the Egyptian manager, before being hauled away by a sub. Ironically, the guy who replaced him scored a header with his first touch, much to the delight of the Egyptian coach. Subsequently, the Egyptian FA have banned him for 6 months, meaning he'll miss the final - I doubt he would have been selected anyway by the manager.

Hulsey
08/02/2006, 10:38 AM
Really shows the guy in a very bad light and its not the first time he's done it. Didn't he have to make an apology to the egyptian management/football association before for something along the same lines? Seems to think that he is more important than the team. I reckon that egypt are better off without the muppet!

seand
08/02/2006, 12:48 PM
http://football.guardian.co.uk/africannations2006/story/0,,1705142,00.html

Don't they realise he plays for Spurs, and he's much better than the rest of them?!!! Eamonn Dunphy will be apoplectic! ;-)

finlma
08/02/2006, 12:55 PM
Look further down there's already a post on this and how does playing for Spurs make him a better player? The lad that replaced him got the winning goal.

seand
08/02/2006, 4:21 PM
I'm not suggesting playing for Spurs makes him better..... look for the subtle clues....

wws
08/02/2006, 4:49 PM
Egypt have a 40 year old in the squad who played in Italia 90 and scored in the Qtrs of this tourney! and one other guy who's a goal off the top scorer Etoo and might bypass him after the final's over!

doubt they'll miss mr 'mido' or ahmed whatshisname

hamish
08/02/2006, 8:11 PM
Saw it on Eurosport but the look on Mido's face when the guy who replaced him scored very soon after the substitution was priceless. Mido didn't know what to to - he jumped up and "bonded" with a few players but they didn't appear very warm towards him.
The manager gesticulated to the crowd as if to say -"now, looks who's right?"

Fcuking hilarious.:D

The fans were irate at Mido too.

sligoman
08/02/2006, 10:36 PM
I don't think he'll ever play for Egypt again.

TheJamaicanP.M.
08/02/2006, 11:06 PM
I don't think he'll ever play for Egypt again.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Does anybody remember Tugay's antics when the Turkish manager substituted him (think it was Euro 2000?)? He went crazy and people said he would never play for Egypt again. Some people said David Beckham would never play for England again after getting sent off against Argentina. Many people said a certain Irishman would never play for his country again after a pre-World Cup training camp went wrong.:D

sligoman
08/02/2006, 11:10 PM
Does anybody remember Tugay's antics when the Turkish manager substituted him (think it was Euro 2000?)? He went crazy and people said he would never play for Egypt again.Well I don't think he did play for Egypt again, considering he's a Turkish international:D :p.

The Stars
09/02/2006, 6:06 PM
Mido always had an attitude problem and even seeing him playing for Egypt he thinks he is better than the lot of them and was always giving out to however played up front with him.

The Stars
09/02/2006, 7:53 PM
Says It All Really About Mido. (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p228.htm)

gustavo
09/02/2006, 7:56 PM
seems to have done an about face:) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4698504.stm)

The Stars
09/02/2006, 8:17 PM
ya saw that.....guilty conscience?