PDA

View Full Version : Roddy Collins Chat-up Lines

Mayo Red
07/02/2006, 9:31 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/4688878.stm

Trio apply for Oval manager job

Roddy Collins wants to succeed Roy Coyle at Glentoran
Former Glentoran player Roddy Collins is one of three new names to enter the frame for the manager post at the Oval.
The Glens are still waiting for a response from Roy Walker, who is giving "serious consideration" to an offer to take over from Roy Coyle.

If Walker declines then former Carlisle boss Collins, Tranmere number two Richard Hill and ex-Bradford City manager Nicky Law will be considered.

Collins says he could bring investment to the club if he gets the job.

"I feel I could do a good job there," the former Shamrock Rovers manager told the Belfast Telegraph.

"I have a lot of contacts in England and from the Eircom League and I could bring a lot to the club.

"I also have a friend who is interested in investing in a football club and I could bring him along with me - that is something else that would need to be talked over."

However, Glentoran's focus is firmly on bringing Walker in as the next boss.

"There is massive expectation and ambition and it is right that both the club and Roy carefully reflect on their next move," said Glens chairman Stafford Reynolds.

"He has the qualities, capability and experience we are looking for.

"A part-time position can work fine for us but I am more interested in getting the right man for the job.

"We approached Roy because he a person who fits the job description."

Former Northern Ireland captain Alan McDonald has also declared an interest in succeeding Coyle, who resigned last week after a poor run of results.

Other names being mentioned as possible successors at the Oval include former Northern Ireland international Michael O'Neill.

Coyle's former assistant Jimmy Brown, now in charge at Glenavon, has ruled himself out.

Tommy Kincaid, who was Coyle's assistant at the club, is currently in charge of the team in a caretaker capacity.

FFS Roddy will you change the record! It's always the same with him - biggest job in football for him (unless an opportunity in England comes along), loads of contacts, and the icing on the cake and old reliable un-named investor willing to pump untold amounts of money into whatever club he gets his greasy little boxing gloves on. I presume Glentoran have more sense than to fall for the old Roddy Bodyswerve, but be warned!:eek:

Poor Student
07/02/2006, 10:20 PM
They are the three most deadly lines in Irish football!:eek: If they have any sense they won't be seduced.

gustavo
07/02/2006, 10:26 PM
I personally think it would be great if they do get their main target because he is a bit of a legend and is famed for his straight talking ie - "Say what you see"

http://www.frazertheatrical.demon.co.uk/images/roy%20walker.jpg

Poor Student
07/02/2006, 10:29 PM
Is that your man from catchphrase? Mr. Chip could demonstrate team tactics before they take the field.;)

dcfcsteve
07/02/2006, 11:58 PM
You have to admire Roddy's unfailing self-belief. Balls of steel that man....

For the good of football/humanity, I hope Glens don't even honour him with an interview.

For the good of City's Setanta Cup challenge, I hope he gets the job....

glentoranfan
08/02/2006, 4:43 PM
Seems to me like a poor manager attempting to make up for those failings by saying there is a chance he could get some money for the club.

I don't like it for that, but I also don't think the money he says he can get, won't have any strings attatched.

Very dodgy. No thanks for me.

Jerry The Saint
08/02/2006, 5:02 PM
Is that your man from catchphrase?

No, they don't let him do that show any more...

...he's p!ssed on his Mr. Chips. :(

gspain
08/02/2006, 9:36 PM
If Linfield fans think things couldn't be any better they have no idea how much they will be if Roddy takes over at the Glens.

Probably too late to take them down this season......but next...:confused:

A face
09/02/2006, 12:54 AM
Probably too late to take them down this season

If it is mathematically possible, then he is still in with a shout !!

Dodge
09/02/2006, 1:01 AM
If anyone can...

Rory H
09/02/2006, 11:45 AM
what a legend

you have to admire his........mentalism

Pauro 76
09/02/2006, 12:42 PM
[url]The Glens are still waiting for a response from Roy Walker, who is giving "serious consideration" to an offer to take over from Roy Coyle.

It's good but its not right. :D Seriously Shoddy has always had an ego, but does he really still think he can cut it in management especially with his recent record?

Schumi
09/02/2006, 3:01 PM
The Catchphrase guy turned them down. Maybe Roddy's in with a chance. :eek: