joe
23/05/2002, 10:50 AM
Apparently Roy is on his way home now

joe
23/05/2002, 10:56 AM
'sent home for disrupting preparations' is what they're saying now

A face
23/05/2002, 11:05 AM
This is what is said on SKY (http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1052498,00.html)

joe
23/05/2002, 11:06 AM
there's a rumour that he's on a plane already

A face
23/05/2002, 11:08 AM
Sheeze ...... Saipan have a better flight service than we do. B@stards !!

We still have a chance in the third game !!

Pablo
23/05/2002, 11:45 AM
I have to say, i'm gutted and disapointed. This has got to shatter the whole teams confidence.

We'll be on the first flight back now.

Pablo
23/05/2002, 11:46 AM
ok the above post was negative....this is the positive version.

This will only bond the team further still and give them a resolve and a purpose to do well in the WC.

This will mean we will play out of our skins and top the group.

Not

Pablo
23/05/2002, 11:48 AM
A FIFA spokesman told Sky Sports News that a player could only be replaced in a squad because of a serious injury. "This appears not to be the case with Roy Keane," he added.

Sh!t Creek anyone?

joe
23/05/2002, 12:43 PM
3.30 pm Irish time, live on RTÉ television

Pablo
23/05/2002, 1:47 PM
is he definately gone? could this be a change of heart?

probably not.

All hell was supposed to have broken loose at the team meeting this morning

brine2
23/05/2002, 1:52 PM
That's what McCarthy wanted too. He orchestrated that whole meeting and got the players to turn against Roy.

Pablo
23/05/2002, 1:56 PM
Originally posted by brine2
That's what McCarthy wanted too. He orchestrated that whole meeting and got the players to turn against Roy.

thats a bit harsh to be fair. Its not Keanes first time causeing trouble.

I guess Duff is our star now!

Colm
23/05/2002, 2:32 PM
I think that McCarthy was under orders from the FAI top brass. Id say they wanted rid of Roy because they didnt like him criticising them in public. They are a bunch of idiots who have destroyed our chances of a good world cup run.
There is no way Roy should have been sent home.

Éanna
23/05/2002, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I think that McCarthy was under orders from the FAI top brass. Id say they wanted rid of Roy because they didnt like him criticising them in public. They are a bunch of idiots who have destroyed our chances of a good world cup run.
There is no way Roy should have been sent home.
No way. If Keane had a tantrum and refused to do what the manager said, then McCarthy had every right to send him packing. I've not got much time for Mccarthy, but in this case he was damn right. Keane is behaving like a spoiled kid.

Pablo
23/05/2002, 2:48 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive

press conference live now

Colm
23/05/2002, 2:55 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

No way. If Keane had a tantrum and refused to do what the manager said, then McCarthy had every right to send him packing. I've not got much time for Mccarthy, but in this case he was damn right. Keane is behaving like a spoiled kid.
Yeah, but what I was saying is was Mick really behind it or was he under orders from his superiours, who may have been angered by Roys moaning about the facities and structures etc which THEY had organised.

A face
23/05/2002, 4:33 PM
I dont think it is that clear cut, there is no black v white, right v wrong, Roy was right ot have a rant at the FAI, it happened before and he was not on his own, anyone rememeber the plane seat "first class and second class scenario". Alot of Irish players have voiced their opinion on this in the past.

But ..... he crossed the line as Steve Staunton said, he should have been more opportune in his voicing of these issues. World Cup preparation was not the right time.

Also ..... All this people who have come out of the woodwork for the world cup and off the band wagon, ManUre supporters and the likes, should all be put back in their place, they, in my opinion, should not criticize the FAI, when most of them openly condem the Eircom League/National League/FAI and swear blind they will never support it, and now they see fit to throw in their tupence while they onlook for about five minutes.

If anything though ....... it might highlight how bad the FAI are and something might shove instead of push.

patsh
24/05/2002, 7:04 AM
Originally posted by A face
Also ..... All this people who have come out of the woodwork for the world cup and off the band wagon, ManUre supporters and the likes, should all be put back in their place, they, in my opinion, should not criticize the FAI, when most of them openly condem the Eircom League/National League/FAI and swear blind they will never support it, and now they see fit to throw in their tupence while they onlook for about five minutes.

What does it matter whether they support the eL or not? If they are Irish supporters they have every right to criticise the FAI, especially when the FAI deserve every bit of sh*t thats thrown at them.....