PDA

View Full Version : Eamonn Zayed

Pages : [1] 2

Rocky Rules
07/02/2006, 1:01 PM
One of todays rags (Mirror?) alleges 2 bids in,from Cork and Drogheda. Can we resist? If not how about a small Day of Anger??

Hulsey
07/02/2006, 1:08 PM
Personally don't think either club could afford him. If Jayo is valued at 750k (or there abouts), Eamo is easily worth 300k. Lets see either of those sides throw that kind of money on the table.:cool:

Risteard
07/02/2006, 1:19 PM
Lets see either of those sides throw that kind of money on the table.:cool::D
Not unless those :cool: are magic sunglasses.
As i said in the transfer discussion thread, another rag already said ye were looking for 50k.
Don't know how either side could say no to that.

Another (probably unfounded but more believable) rumour is that Bray want 100k and neither Drogs nor City are willing to pay because he would be free in July(true?).
Haven't heard anyone yet deny his contracts up in July. Is that true?
Might be best to get rid then so as to get a few bob.

Pablo
07/02/2006, 1:27 PM
Personally don't think either club could afford him. If Jayo is valued at 750k (or there abouts), Eamo is easily worth 300k. Lets see either of those sides throw that kind of money on the table.:cool:

a player who didnt make it at crewe or a relegated Norwiegan outfit?

dont think so bud.

Roo69
07/02/2006, 1:57 PM

dont think so bud.

A lot of players in the eL have'nt made it in England......... So whats your point ?

pete
07/02/2006, 2:17 PM
No eL inter-club transfer is going to make 300k. Bit of realism there fella.

BTW Jason Byrne would surely that been sold for 500k if shels weren't going to have to pass on 50% of that cash.

Zayed is unproven at anything other than lower Premier division.

Drogs would probably pay more money but if he has any ambitions for future career CCFC is the only options with CL exposure working under the best manager in the league.

Roo69
07/02/2006, 2:53 PM
No eL inter-club transfer is going to make 300k. Bit of realism there fella.

BTW Jason Byrne would surely that been sold for 500k if shels weren't going to have to pass on 50% of that cash.

Zayed is unproven at anything other than lower Premier division.

Drogs would probably pay more money but if he has any ambitions for future career CCFC is the only options with CL exposure working under the best manager in the league.

Sorry dont agree with ya there, Zayed has proven himself for the past 3 seasons scoring goals, he played half a season for us last year, and scored 12 goals with what most of you would say is an average side. That was more than John O'Flynn, Georgie Boy, Kearney, O'Donavan and Fenn.

If Zayed was to move to another club he would be better off signing for a Dublin club, namely Shels, that would allow him to finish his degree while playing along side the top striker in the eL. He would'nt have to move and would most likely get better wages than he would down in Cork.

But at the end of the day if any club in the eL wants to buy him they would probably have to break the record to sign him.....

KK77
07/02/2006, 2:59 PM
Sorry dont agree with ya there, Zayed has proven himself for the past 3 seasons scoring goals, he played half a season for us last year, and scored 12 goals with what most of you would say is an average side. That was more than John O'Flynn, Georgie Boy, Kearney, O'Donavan and Fenn.

If Zayed was to move to another club he would be better off signing for a Dublin club, namely Shels, that would allow him to finish his degree while playing along side the top striker in the eL. He would'nt have to move and would most likely get better wages than he would down in Cork.

But at the end of the day if any club in the eL wants to buy him they would probably have to break the record to sign him.....

Two things i thought it wasn't possible for Zayed to finish his degree if he moved to Shels???

Secondly i thought Shels had no money at all and could possibly go bust???

All according to your goodself in a previous post on this topic??

Risteard
07/02/2006, 3:10 PM
Did a bit of research there and i wouldn't be optimistic about City signing him now.

Even if his contracts up in June/July the worst situation for Bray would be identical to Kearneys situation atm. Under 23 on 1 Jan.

Thats unless the tribunal decides his spells in Crewe and Norway constituted leaving the club.

Complicated.

Think the summer rather than now might be when we see things happen either way when he's finished college.

Roo69
07/02/2006, 3:16 PM
Two things i thought it wasn't possible for Zayed to finish his degree if he moved to Shels???

Secondly i thought Shels had no money at all and could possibly go bust???

All according to your goodself in a previous post on this topic??

I thought you said he could do it part time or did you forget saying that ? thats why i said Shels.... and if you noticed the IF in bold........

Pablo
07/02/2006, 3:24 PM
A lot of players in the eL have'nt made it in England......... So whats your point ?

MY POINT IS HE'S NOT WORTH THE MONEY YOUR MATE I QUOTED POSTED.

like the vast majority of EL plyers

KK77
07/02/2006, 3:32 PM
I thought you said he could do it part time or did you forget saying that ? thats why i said Shels.... and if you noticed the IF in bold........

No didn't forget i brought it up sure and you told me it wouldn't be possible to combine both and also IFS or no IFS when Shels were mentioned you suggested they could go broke now your saying money wise he'd be better off going to Shels as opposed to Cork anyway not getting into it it's just it seems you don't like Cork.

Roo69
07/02/2006, 4:02 PM
No didn't forget i brought it up sure and you told me it wouldn't be possible to combine both and also IFS or no IFS when Shels were mentioned you suggested they could go broke now your saying money wise he'd be better off going to Shels as opposed to Cork anyway not getting into it it's just it seems you don't like Cork.

No i dont like Cork as a team but that has nothig to do with it

KK77
08/02/2006, 8:17 AM
:p
No i dont like Cork as a team but that has nothig to do with it

Yeah right!!!:p

Hulsey
08/02/2006, 10:25 AM

dont think so bud.
At Crewe he was up against Dean Ashton for a place, who was carring the side, shown by their dismal performance since his departure. Over in Norway was thrown in at the deep end and given 8 weeks to save a very poor side (from what I've heard) and had to adapt to a new country, climate, style of football in that 8 weeks, which is nowhere near enough time. Look at how long it took Henry to settle at Arsenal! Maybe the 300k is a SLIGHT exageration, but you'd be looking for near enough to that for the best young striker in the league. Would fetch far more than that if he was playing in league 1 or 2 over in England. Just look at Jon Stead for example. Blackburn payed a million for him from Huddersfield( not 100% sure of the team, more a guess really.) and no one had heard of him. Now he's only scored one goal in the last season and a half. Zayed would get a better return than that in my opinion.

higgins
08/02/2006, 12:45 PM
Maybe the 300k is a SLIGHT exageration, but you'd be looking for near enough to that for the best young striker in the league

Who says he is the best young striker in the league?
and how old does he have to be before he stops being young?

Roo69
08/02/2006, 12:48 PM
Who says he is the best young striker in the league?
and how old does he have to be before he stops being young?

Zayed would defo be considered as one of the best young strikers in the league...... why would so many clubs so such an interest in him if he was'nt hot property ?

I reckon a player stops being considered at 23/24

Pablo
08/02/2006, 2:20 PM
this is hilarious. Bearing in mind the Inter club EL transfer record is 30kyou reckon Zayed is worth 300k

Fair enough he score a few goals in a very poor side, and would be a welcome addition to most teams but lets be realistic of his valuation girls!

YoungHoop
08/02/2006, 2:31 PM
lads lets be honest here to say that any el club would pay 300k for eamo is absurd and mental on all your behalf. Personaly i think he is a decent player and roo will tell you that when roomers where stiring last year of him going to rovers i was not too happy. the reasoning i am thinking cork or drogs would go in for him is his youth and the fact that he did score 12 goals, and they would of course feel he would be a squad player rather than a team player. now eamo would not be silly enough to want to move away from a team where he is doming ok to sit on a bench for most of a season and then become a nobody it has happened to so many young talented footballers one example being glen at shels had a great future and then a bad move just didnt work out his way, if he had any sence he would stay with bray for a full season and try socre 12 goals + this season then really set himself up for a big move next year rather than do it now and regret it later in his career ! personlly speaking i think he would be a good 1st div striker. every layer has one good season!!!! true form is consistancy

Roo69
08/02/2006, 2:48 PM
this is hilarious. Bearing in mind the Inter club EL transfer record is 30kyou reckon Zayed is worth 300k

Fair enough he score a few goals in a very poor side, and would be a welcome addition to most teams but lets be realistic of his valuation girls!

Personally i feel eL clubs have to get real when selling players to eachother, players are sold far to cheap......

We sold Jaosn Byrne to Shels for a lot more than 30k......

Yeah our very poor side took points off every team last season, even down in Cork and up in Derry. Zayed IMO opnion would start in most premier division sides, maybe with the execption of Shels were Byrne, Crowe and O'Neill would be a fighting for 2 places, but with the likes of Cork, O'Flynn would be his only threat cause in fairness Fenn hardly sets the world alight with his goal scoring feats.........

Risteard
08/02/2006, 2:53 PM
O'Flynn would be his only threat cause in fairness Fenn hardly sets the world alight with his goal scoring feats.........
On the contrary Fenn is far more solid in his starting position.
Obviously not out and out goalscorer but much more useful to the team than Johnno usually.

ColinR
08/02/2006, 2:59 PM
if the top club in the league has a total budget for its entire season at around €1.5m - there is absolutly no hope that the top club (or any lower ones) are ever going to pay €300k on any player.

€100k would be the absolute max i'd imagine any eL side will spend in the near future, but there isn't many Jason Byrnes for sale. another factor is eL clubs don't seem to get players to sign players on long term contracts - therefore the players sell on value is always low. if zayed was on a 5 year contract, then he would deserve a much higher sell on price.

as it is, if he is available for nothing in june or july, i'd rather my club pick him up for free then than pay that money now

Roo69
08/02/2006, 3:02 PM
On the contrary Fenn is far more solid in his starting position.
Obviously not out and out goalscorer but much more useful to the team than Johnno usually.

Strikers are in the squad to score goals, 4 goals in a league season is a very bad return, soccerbot.com says he did'nt score in his last 14 games.

KK77
08/02/2006, 4:03 PM
Strikers are in the squad to score goals, 4 goals in a league season is a very bad return, soccerbot.com says he did'nt score in his last 14 games.

God you sound like Houllier with your stats. No matter how many Fenn did or didn't score a blind man could see he made a huge contribution to Cork's league title win last season!!!

jorge
08/02/2006, 7:16 PM
If it was an english,Scottish,Sweedish team after him,everyone would say hes worth 300k just because its an EL team after him hes worth less than 50k???
Sence??

Roo69
09/02/2006, 8:48 AM
God you sound like Houllier with your stats. No matter how many Fenn did or didn't score a blind man could see he made a huge contribution to Cork's league title win last season!!!

No not at all, i was making a point........ Good Strikers score more than 4 goals a season and personally I feel Fenn didnt not make a HUGE contribution to Cork last season, now Gamble on the other hand made a huge contribution, O'Flynn made a huge contribution, O'Callaghan made a huge contribution, Danny Murphy made a huge contribution. You couldn't even compare Fenn to the others mentioned in terms contribution.

pete
09/02/2006, 9:29 AM
Ye can have Fenn in swop deal if ye like. I don't rate him as a league forward - does well in europe though.

Bray Head
09/02/2006, 11:07 AM
Ye can have Fenn in swop deal if ye like. I don't rate him as a league forward - does well in europe though.

Not much good to us since we won't be in Europe for a while.

Hulsey
09/02/2006, 11:14 AM
If it was an english,Scottish,Sweedish team after him,everyone would say hes worth 300k just because its an EL team after him hes worth less than 50k???
Sence??
Exactly the point I've been making since the beginning. Glad someone finally saw what I was saying. I don't expect that Drogs or Cork would or could pay that kind of money, but selling him for the 30k or so mentioned by others would be like the Jayo situation all over again, as I feel when he hits his prime he'll be even better than Jayo is. If we are really serious about pushing on for a top four finishas the club has indicated they are, we simply cannot see off our best talent on the cheap just to suit other EL clubs. Where's the sence behind that?

Roo69
09/02/2006, 11:15 AM
Nah your grand thanks, i'd much prefer Zayed and his goals !

ColinR
09/02/2006, 11:22 AM
is he out of contract in the summer? if he is - well, theres your reason for the valuation - and certainly it (€50k) is a lot of money for someone available for free after three months of the season.

if not, then bray should hold out for better money. (or not sell at all!!)

Hulsey
09/02/2006, 11:27 AM
is he out of contract in the summer? if he is - well, theres your reason for the valuation - and certainly it (€50k) is a lot of money for someone available for free after three months of the season.

if not, then bray should hold out for better money. (or not sell at all!!)
Far as I Know Zayed and Weso both signed new contracts before going out on loan to the end of this season coming. That's what i've heard and I certainly hope so:eek: .

Roo69
09/02/2006, 11:36 AM
Far as I Know Zayed and Weso both signed new contracts before going out on loan to the end of this season coming. That's what i've heard and I certainly hope so:eek: .

Thats correct...... no need to start worrying :cool:

Hulsey
09/02/2006, 11:41 AM
Cheers for putting my mind at ease Roo:) .

Risteard
09/02/2006, 1:03 PM
Strikers are in the squad to score goals,
Fair enough but midfielders are in the squad only to create goals (and protect the defence.)
The City team were far more flexible than their individual positions last season.
Fenn would have been a hindrance to the team IF he didn't have 4 goal-scoring midfielders around him all season that he can create for and set up.
But he did.
And as it happens that skill and creativity was the perfect foil for the other attacking 5 players last season..

Stevo Da Gull
09/02/2006, 10:29 PM
Whether Eamo is worth 300k or not, no team in the EL will pay that much, according to the paper today Bray will not let him leave for less than a six-figure sum.

One or two mentions of Eamo scoring a lot in a very poor side but it's worth noting that Bray's most sucsessful third of the season in front of goal was the final third, the one that Eamon was missing for all together, just saying.

superfrank
10/02/2006, 9:43 AM
One or two mentions of Eamo scoring a lot in a very poor side but it's worth noting that Bray's most sucsessful third of the season in front of goal was the final third, the one that Eamon was missing for all together, just saying.
Good point but he is our most likely player to score. Hopefully this season, as he's signed a new contract, he'll get his head down and play with his heart.

KK77
10/02/2006, 10:42 AM
No not at all, i was making a point........ Good Strikers score more than 4 goals a season and personally I feel Fenn didnt not make a HUGE contribution to Cork last season, now Gamble on the other hand made a huge contribution, O'Flynn made a huge contribution, O'Callaghan made a huge contribution, Danny Murphy made a huge contribution. You couldn't even compare Fenn to the others mentioned in terms contribution.

God bless

KK77
10/02/2006, 10:44 AM
Fair enough but midfielders are in the squad only to create goals (and protect the defence.)
The City team were far more flexible than their individual positions last season.
Fenn would have been a hindrance to the team IF he didn't have 4 goal-scoring midfielders around him all season that he can create for and set up.
But he did.
And as it happens that skill and creativity was the perfect foil for the other attacking 5 players last season..

Thank you someone who understands

Cosmo
10/02/2006, 3:28 PM

Are you sure? I thought he was out of contract until June?

I presume there's a link to him signing a longer contract?

Roo69
11/02/2006, 7:56 PM
Are you sure? I thought he was out of contract until June?

I presume there's a link to him signing a longer contract?

Yes i'm 100% positive about that, it's one of the only reasons why he was aloud go on loan to Norway........ He had to sign a new contract with us or there was no loan move.

Zayed will not leave Bray until he finishes his college degree, unless a savage offer comes in that he or the club can't turn down, which i don't think any Irish clubs could offer

ColinR
13/02/2006, 8:18 AM
he aint moving to the drogs anyway:

from: http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=548

Drogheda United and Bray Wanderers had agreed a deal to bring Eamon Zayed to the Club, however in talks with the player himself, it became clear that he does not wish to pursue a full-time career in football, but wishes to return to education. Drogheda United wish Eamon well in the future and the matter will not be pursued any further by the Club.

pete
13/02/2006, 11:48 AM
Zayed staying at Bray. End of transfer speculation for next 6 months anyway.

BrAyCMilan
13/02/2006, 12:47 PM
Avery good goalscorer but his work rate needs to improve, he can be fairly lazy in games and does'nt really like to be bullied. Needs to work a lot harder and a lot to do before he is worth near the money mentioned.

Roo69
13/02/2006, 4:27 PM
Told ya's that he would'nt be moving....... Great news to hear him come out and saty it in public. Fair play to ya Eamo

KK77
14/02/2006, 9:46 AM
Avery good goalscorer but his work rate needs to improve, he can be fairly lazy in games and does'nt really like to be bullied. Needs to work a lot harder and a lot to do before he is worth near the money mentioned.

I said this about Zayed last season and got laughed at so glad someone has spotted how lazy he is. And yee all wonder why he was let go by Crewe and that Norwegan club.

Hulsey
15/02/2006, 10:21 AM
In fairness to the comments of him being lazy, I'd rather see him standing around doing little or nothing and taking a chance or two when they come his way rather than run around like a lunatic closing down and have himself burned out by the 70th minute and not have the energy to control and finish properly. Now doubt he can be lazy, but Henry has his moments of lazyness exactly the same as eamo, neither seem too interested when they don't have the ball (take last nights game v liverpool for example).

Seagull
15/02/2006, 5:24 PM
I said this about Zayed last season and got laughed at so glad someone has spotted how lazy he is. And yee all wonder why he was let go by Crewe and that Norwegan club.
This 'lazy' thing is basically crap. I couldn't care less if he brought his sleeping bag and had a kip down there as long as he keeps banging in the goals as regularly as before he left us. He was let go by Crewe cos Gradi never gave him a chance.

Eoingull
15/02/2006, 11:38 PM
Back in the First Division, there were plenty of times when I felt Eamo wasn't putting in the necessary effort. Last season, he definitely upped things, and fought way more for the ball. Away to Pats he was poor, and was substituted, which seemed to be a shock. After that he played great.

centre mid
17/02/2006, 12:10 PM
Think its unfair to lable Zayed as lazy, a lot of the time he furrows alone up front and holds the ball up well until Foxy et al can get into the box