PDA

View Full Version : Kerry District League 2005/06

cupsgalore
06/02/2006, 10:10 PM
Would Anyone Like To Give Their Views On The Kdl?

RouteOne
08/02/2006, 5:39 PM
Would Anyone Like To Give Their Views On The Kdl?

Ya, I used to play there but not anymore. To be honest sounds like its gone down hill in the last few years. the structure of the league is something I don't agree with.
dividing up the best teams between two premiers just doesn't make sense to me.
surely it is better to have a strong competitive premier where you have 5 or 6 good teams (and then also rans as every division has) and then same for next division down.
Also should get rid of cup replays, just finish each cup game with extra time and penalties. They only prolong an already long season.

Kerry Blue
08/02/2006, 6:51 PM
To be honest sounds like its gone down hill in the last few years. the structure of the league is something I don't agree with.
dividing up the best teams between two premiers just doesn't make sense to me.
surely it is better to have a strong competitive premier where you have 5 or 6 good teams (and then also rans as every division has) and then same for next division down.
Also should get rid of cup replays, just finish each cup game with extra time and penalties. They only prolong an already long season.

The decision to split the divisions has been a disaster for the KDL. It has completely diluted the Premier Division and the idea of having play-offs at the end of the season to decide the league winners is a joke. I think that the decision to split the Premier (and other divisions) may have come about because of Tralee Dynamos domination of the league. Maybe the powers that be in the KDL thought that changing the structure might see other clubs get a chance which is rediculous.

The KDL should have a 10 team premier division played on a standard league basis. This way only the top clubs would be playing in the division and would improve the standard of football in the league. This is badly required as few of the teams in the KDL have had any success in competitions like the FAI Junior Cup or Munster Junior Cup, although Lisselton Rovers and Dynamos did do well a couple of seasons ago. The fact that many players from Kerry have gone on the play in the eircom League and beyond this country shows that the potential is there, but right now it's impossible to see any KDL club getting anywhere close to winning something like the FAI Junior.

Recently there was a lot of talks about some of the top clubs hoping to enter the eircom League in the near future. Finance doesn't seem to be a problem for some of them but their ability to compete on the field would be very questionable. However a county team like the one that competes in the eircom U-21 league would be a much better bet to eventually have an eircom league team from Kerry.

The league also has too many Cup competitions during the season. This results in huge fixture congestion late in the season and often the rediculous situation of finishing some league fixtures and Cups during the month of June and in recent years July! This again is crazy.

If the KDL want to seriously improve the league then they must seriously look at restructuring the whole league and sorting out Cup competitions once and for all. Now is the time to be thinking of this as they could also consider forming a team with the possibility of playing in the eircom League. With the FAI due to create a new league next year there is the possibility of expansion of the eircom League so the sooner the KDL gets it's house in order the better if they want to have a senior league team in the county which should be high on the agenda for the future of the KDL.

tralee_dynamo
09/02/2006, 4:41 PM
The Kerry District League is definitely the worst run league in Munster, and probably the rest of the country. Dividing the top division into two means that at best, the top teams get 3-4 good league games a year, the rest being absolute walkovers.

Due to this league structure, many of the top teams don't meet at all in a full season. It is also highly unfair to make the league into a cup competition from the semi-final onwards, what happens in the case of a team winning all their league games and then losing at the semi final stages? - I reckon all other junior leagues are laughing!

cupsgalore
09/02/2006, 7:00 PM
I totally agree with all the above comments, having split divisions is a total joke containing too many bad teams leagues only get serious at semi final stage which is also a joke. Also reason season drags on so long is cos the powers that be accomodate hurling and football matches which is a total farce!

listowelceltic
15/02/2006, 9:37 AM
the reason the k.d.l split the divisons came about in the 2001/02 season when listowel celtic won the league after a replay with the park after both teams finished season on 52 pts.both games drew over 1000 people to mounthawk park [99% listowel].the powers that be [or power] then decided that to do this every year would be a money spinner.however the tralee teams have contested the final every year since and with all respect to them they dont have 10 fans between them thus making the exercise pointless.

With the exception of t.dynamos k.celtic park k.athletic & l.celtic the standard of k.d.l is also terrible with most teams aiming for crows in the sky instead of of teamate.this is also down to terrible overplayed pitches.i agree with kerry blue about too many cup compts.listowel have already played in the champs cup, m.jun cup and f.a.i j.cup with league cup and kerry cup still to come on top of the league prog.our season,with a cup run,should be over by june/july with pre-season d same month!and those nancy boys in england moan.also our oscar traynor teams can seldom put out a team because no one wants to play under current set up.tralee dynamo said in last post that it was worst run league in munster.id say ireland

cupsgalore
17/02/2006, 10:14 PM
i totally agree with u listowelceltic plenty of crow shooting and bad pitches. in your opinion what is the worst kerry soccer pitch you have played on, mine would have to be mainebank with its hill and long grass

listowelceltic
18/02/2006, 3:04 PM
never played at mainebank and hopefully they dont get to prem going by ur description of the place.their neighbours castlemaine is also a terrible surface [or hill] .the worst ive played on is defo q.p.r [quarry park rangers to those from outside county] it is sloping in six different directions,u could cut silage down the wings and no grass down the middle.also poor are rattoo,currans and spa roads pitch in the estate.the best is defo lenamores new all weather pitch while asdee also have a superb set up for a village club.we played on kenmares new pitch last sunday which is fantastic while dynamos and mastergeeha also have fine pitches.the 2 killarney clubs have fine set ups but piches are v bare & overplayed.k.d.l is also sad for headquarters but no shock there as 9 or 10 teams use it as home.watch out for listowel and park next season as both open their new grounds and i can promise anyone that cares that listowel will have a carpet surface

cupsgalore
19/02/2006, 10:47 PM
you mentioned lot of good pitches der but mine would be dynamos but thats bein biaist since its my home ground. hopefully league will go back to its one division structure get a strong league of ten top teams in it instead of havin one hard league game followed by 3 or 4 sh**! games. my ten teams would be (in no particular order) dynamos/park/listowel/kill ath/kill celtic/lisselton/camp/rattoo rovers/killorglin/inter kenmare would anyone agree with this selection.

listowelceltic
20/02/2006, 1:54 PM
yea agree with most of teams except might put farmers bridge in for lisselton::)