PDA

View Full Version : Licence results

Pages : [1] 2

ColinR
06/02/2006, 6:43 PM
drogs website has announced that the club has received its permier licence - i presume that means that they are all out now ? :confused:

http://www.droghedaunited.ie/scripts/Article.asp?ArticleID=540

Maynard
06/02/2006, 7:05 PM
We got ours first time round as well.

Magicme
06/02/2006, 7:08 PM
I thought there was a moritorium on the results until they are made official.

Maynard
06/02/2006, 7:10 PM
Ah well:rolleyes: ;)

21 clubs have gotten theirs...so who's Billy No Mates?

A face
06/02/2006, 7:11 PM
Taken from another messageboard

The initial stage of the 2006 Club Licensing process has concluded with 21 of the 22 eircom League clubs receiving a League Licence. The FAI Club Licensing Committee, made up of independent experts in the fields of finance, safety, legal, sporting administration and infrastructure, evaluated the data submitted by the clubs in the five categories at their meeting today, February 6th.

The one remaining club which was not awarded a League Licence at this stage has five working days from receipt of written notification of the decision to appeal to the FAI Club Licensing Appeals Body, which is made up of a separate panel of independent experts.

Commenting on the results, FAI Chief Executive Officer, John Delaney, said, “the progress of the past two years under the Club Licensing scheme is very encouraging”. “The long term viability of the FAI National League is very much linked to clubs’ ability to achieve the standards set by the UEFA Club Licensing process and clubs are making progress year by year”, he said.

Chairman of the eircom League, Paddy McCaul, said, “the Clubs deserve great credit for their efforts in achieving the licensing standard this year and I am delighted with the progress now being made under the licensing system.”

The four eircom League clubs who have qualified for UEFA club competitions this year, Cork City, Derry City, Drogheda United and Shelbourne will be evaluated for their UEFA Licence in May 2006.

So .....

Cork City
Drogheda United
Sligo Rovers

Who else ??

Cosmo
06/02/2006, 7:13 PM
21 clubs have gotten theirs...so who's Billy No Mates?

Was just about to say that at a guess it would be waterford but they've announced they got theirs? :confused:

Cork have also got theirs so start striking them off the list and its the process of elimination :D

Magicme
06/02/2006, 7:13 PM
I know our result but was told that they were not to be made official and since I dont want to incur any further wrath from the FAI I for one will be staying stum!

thomas
06/02/2006, 7:17 PM
Rovers have a license

Maynard
06/02/2006, 7:21 PM
Ah go on;)

Seeing as you seem quite calm on the issue I'll assume that the Magic Mons have also got their licence. But don't tell the FAI where I live:eek:

P.S Did you see the piece in the Sunday Times on the band last week, should've given you a heads up before it came out, but we've been up to 90. Got a 2 page spread anyhoo. Single out on the 17th btw

Sorry to go off topic...:o

gael353
06/02/2006, 7:28 PM
Limerick got theirs :D

Magicme
06/02/2006, 7:30 PM
Ah go on;)

Seeing as you seem quite calm on the issue I'll assume that the Magic Mons have also got their licence. But don't tell the FAI where I live:eek:

P.S Did you see the piece in the Sunday Times on the band last week, should've given you a heads up before it came out, but we've been up to 90. Got a 2 page spread anyhoo. Single out on the 17th btw

Sorry to go off topic...:o

No way I missed it....didnt have time to buy any papers or read them in the last week or so! Email me a copy if u can.

Of course I wont tell the FAI where u live.....as u can see am good at keeping secrets.....

Maynard
06/02/2006, 7:34 PM
No way I missed it....didnt have time to buy any papers or read them in the last week or so! Email me a copy if u can.

Of course I wont tell the FAI where u live.....as u can see am good at keeping secrets.....

Will do. Radio 1, 2fm and most of the other major Dublin and national stations have put Happy on their playlists, so while your planning world domination at Century Homes Park you could request it on your fav radio station;)

Magicme
06/02/2006, 7:43 PM
Congrats...sorry for going off topic but well done Maynard. Mocrac for Meteors next year!

did it get released in the sticks yet?

Bald Student
06/02/2006, 7:46 PM
[Off Topic] There's that term FAI National League again. [/Off Topic]

Conor H
06/02/2006, 7:49 PM
GUFC got theirs!:)

Maynard
06/02/2006, 7:50 PM
Congrats...sorry for going off topic but well done Maynard. Mocrac for Meteors next year!

did it get released in the sticks yet?

Hopefully so! Our label-mates The Radio got nominated this year and one of our lads got a special invite the other nite, so we're working towards it. Single is Feb 17th album March 17th and should be available in the bigger shops in the sticks, will be available online on Tower Records website and HMV's also. Was in the studio till 4.30am this morning putting the finishing touches on the record:( Have to hand it to the company on Friday, it's like cramming for the LC!

Dodge
06/02/2006, 7:54 PM
Hope we didn't get ours... Just to see what happens

A face
06/02/2006, 7:54 PM
Cork City
Drogheda United
Dublin City
Galway United
Limerick
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers

Who else ??

Magicme
06/02/2006, 8:00 PM
Here was me hoping Sligo didnt get it and would have to close up shop and send Foyzer back to us....

Magicme
06/02/2006, 8:04 PM
Rumour has it that the club missing out is a Premier Club.....

monutdfc
06/02/2006, 8:17 PM
I know our result but was told that they were not to be made official and since I dont want to incur any further wrath from the FAI I for one will be staying stum!
I think you're safe enough Magicme, the FAI are hardly going to chastise their sponsors:
http://home.eircom.net/content/rte/eircomleague/7342858?view=Eircomnet

Magicme
06/02/2006, 8:19 PM
Yeah but it doesnt say who got them! awwwwww feck it!

harps1954
06/02/2006, 8:30 PM
Finn Harps have just been informed that they have got their Licence.

A face
06/02/2006, 8:39 PM

I wonder who it could be ??

Raheny Red
06/02/2006, 8:45 PM

That means the Mons got theirs unless magicme is trying to reverse the tables :confused: :D :p

sligoman
06/02/2006, 8:51 PM
Here was me hoping Sligo didnt get it and would have to close up shop and send Foyzer back to us....:rolleyes:, well if he doesn't start getting fit then we might send him back anyway.

Back on topic, I'd say it's Limerick who didn't get theirs cos they haven't secured the lease on Hogan Park yet. Drew is meeting with Fr Joe Young (who holds the leasehold) to try and secure a 21 year lease. So afaik, they can't get a licence until they know where they'll be playing, so it must be them.

EDIT: Taken from another forum:
Just heard that Longford are only club not to get licence.

town73
06/02/2006, 9:38 PM
We're launching an appeal (http://www.longfordtownfc.com)

OneRedArmy
06/02/2006, 9:40 PM
Two years running.

You must be very proud.........

A face
06/02/2006, 9:57 PM
We're launching an appeal (http://www.longfordtownfc.com)

What colour pen did ye use ?? :eek:

sligoman
06/02/2006, 9:59 PM
What colour pen did ye use ?? :eek:Pink!:D.

pineapple stu
06/02/2006, 10:01 PM
Two questions -

(a) What did the clubs do so much better this time around? Or is this the benefit of the initial private results to clubs, giving them info on what needed to be done to get their licence before a public annoucement was made? As in what should have been done last year.
(b) What're Longford playing at? Let's be honest - there are some clubs in very iffy shape and for the second year in a row, Longford are bottom of the pile?

A face
06/02/2006, 10:02 PM
Pink!:D.

There in lies the problem !! :D

pete
06/02/2006, 10:03 PM
I hear Longford failed as no football seen there in the last 12 months. :p

littlebray
06/02/2006, 10:26 PM
That's the clue. Only the four Europe-bound clubs are being scrutinised (later) for UEFA licences this year.
Have Merrion Sq finally realised they jumped into the deep end before they put on their water-wings?
Or is it just to avoid the embarrassment of only 1 licence issued first time round last year?

Word is Longford sent their financial documents to the wrong address - where, Croke Park???

Dodge
06/02/2006, 10:27 PM
Two years running.

You must be very proud.........
You should give them a lend of your collection buckets. Might help them out

Breifne
06/02/2006, 11:00 PM
(a) What did the clubs do so much better this time around? Or is this the benefit of the initial private results to clubs, giving them info on what needed to be done to get their licence before a public annoucement was made? As in what should have been done last year.

Strange as it may seem, I think some of the responsibility lies at the feet of the FAI Licensing Department for the improvement. Don't get me wrong I feel that the scheme has progressed over the last three seasons, and that some of the staff involved are stilling finding their way through the entire process, but the level of feedback and communication has been excellent between Clubs and the Licensing Dept. This year alone, reps of our clubs met personally with the licensing department officials no less than four times. Thats twice the number in total in the opening two years.

I'm not a fan of John Delaney, to be honest, the guy kinda creeps me out just to look at him, but the turn around in the FAI over the last few months has been immense, I realise that some credit may be due to Fran Rooney and even Brendan Menton in this regard, but it seems to be onwards and upwards for the FAI, maybe the ugly duckling might have begun to turn our national association into that swan after all.

(b) What're Longford playing at? Let's be honest - there are some clubs in very iffy shape and for the second year in a row, Longford are bottom of the pile?

To be fair to Longford, it may be something simple overlooked, i'm sure they will be okay when the appeal is heard. We were down there too last season. Its not a nice place to be, and its definitely not good for business or morale. This season we put in a lot of effort from the top of the club down to the roots, and its paid off.

Knowing the effort that goes into the process over five or six months, i'd like to congratulate all the other licensing officers of the other 20 clubs who were successful in their applications, and I'm sure can join with the others wishing Longford every success in their appeal.

pete
06/02/2006, 11:25 PM
That's the clue. Only the four Europe-bound clubs are being scrutinised (later) for UEFA licences this year.

It was the same last year as don't need to submit uefa/cl participants until later in the year.

It seems stupid of the FAI to withhold Longford licence admitably for their own stupidity it would seem. There is no chance a club would get relegated just because docs sent to wrong address. Couldn't they have just called Longford & notified them in advance & give them a smallish fine?

green-blood
07/02/2006, 8:33 AM
A licencing fudge is just enough to give your clubs a treat

Its full of waffly bull**** and very simple to cheat

A licencing fudge is just enough to give your clubs a treat

More complete rubbish. what financial details, suer you could use last years TCC.... which rovers didnt have, so are we to be docked 8 points from the off!!!

Wiseguy
07/02/2006, 8:50 AM
It's great to see so many clubs get the licence but a shame there has been "a minor glitch" at LTFC.I hope we get it but i think no announcements should be made until the whole process is over.

Peadar
07/02/2006, 8:55 AM
More complete rubbish. what financial details, suer you could use last years TCC.... which rovers didnt have, so are we to be docked 8 points from the off!!!

There's a lot of crap involved alright.
Longford will have a license after appeal and that will be the end of the matter.

Roverstillidie
07/02/2006, 9:31 AM
did the application get to where it was supposed to be on time?

if so, the fai are acting the ******, if not, well silly longford, should be ok on apppeal.

Red4Eva
07/02/2006, 4:01 PM
said on news last night that longford sent their accounts to the wrong address

A face
07/02/2006, 4:57 PM
Are you serious ??

The wrong address ?? (http://www.stopshrinks.org/images/wrong_new.gif) cant blame this fella so !! (http://plush-toy.co.uk/acatalog/postman-pat-plush-twin.jpg)

Wiseguy
08/02/2006, 9:38 AM
The accounts were sent to Breen instead of Delaney hence us being denied a licence.Now could one guy not just say to the other that i have Longford Town's accounts here and i'll drop them on your desk when i'm going on my fag break and voila problem solved.

thomas
08/02/2006, 10:34 AM
The accounts were sent to Breen instead of Delaney hence us being denied a licence.Now could one guy not just say to the other that i have Longford Town's accounts here and i'll drop them on your desk when i'm going on my fag break and voila problem solved.

Thats laughable, there is a confidentiality agreement so I hardly think LTFC would be broadcasting excuses.

They have cause to expect failure, since the final date for financials was the 3rd of January. Why did they not fax over a copy of the financials when they realised it went to the wrong person after that? The License body allowed a months lee-way to tie up loose ends such as this.

Battery Rover
23/02/2006, 7:38 PM
Taken from Aertel

LONGFORD GRANTED PREMIER LICENCE
The FAI Club Licencing Appeals Body
have granted Longford Town a Premier
Division League Licence for the 2006
season after considering an appeal
from the midlands club today.

The appeals body decided to grant the
licence subject to a number of
sanctions, including a fine of E5,000.

An additional fine of E5,000 was
imposed on the club but has been
suspended until the end of the
upcoming season, subject to Town being
fully compliant with all sanctions
imposed.

Even though they got the licence which is great the word sanctions in it and a €5000 fine doesnt sound good. Anyone in the know got any idea what these are?

iceman
23/02/2006, 7:50 PM
Even though they got the licence which is great the word sanctions in it and a €5000 fine doesnt sound good. Anyone in the know got any idea what these are?

sanctions usually mean points deduction.

Magicme
23/02/2006, 8:16 PM
And another sanction is the loss of voting power on the executive committee

hoopy
25/02/2006, 9:34 AM
Without the usual plonkers going on an anti Rovers rant, why didn't Longford get docked points like us? If anyone believes the only thing wrong with their application was that it went to the wrong person then they are seriously deluded

Wiseguy
27/02/2006, 1:59 PM
FYI everything that LTFC submitted to the EL was above board and correct.
The reason behind the fine is because we are the only club in the eircom league to not have any full time staff working in the admin side of the club which the EL require and the club were aware of this requirement.The EL have advised LTFC to have full time admin staff in place otherwise there will be another fine at the end of the season.