PDA

View Full Version : Podge & Rodge TV Show

Pages : [1] 2

Peadar
06/02/2006, 2:15 PM
I was at the recording of the new Podge & Rodge TV show last night.
Hilarious stuff!
It goes out on RTÉ Two tonight at 22.40
Lucy Kennedy is on it too but she's very one dimensional and brings little to the show. It has been described as an irreverent comedy chat show and that's exactly what it is.

Tonights guests are Mr. Reduce - Reuse - Recycle, Diarmuid Gavin and Senator David Norris. Irelands most famous Bachelors ask the questions Pat Kenny can't even contemplate.

I have no doubt this show will grow and become a massive cult hit.
Well worth watching.

Block G Raptor
06/02/2006, 3:16 PM
Sounds great!
But I Think Dustin should get a late night more adult driven show. He'd be class with the shackles of daytime/kids tv removed!

Peadar
06/02/2006, 3:23 PM
But I Think Dustin should get a late night more adult driven show.

After watching the show tonight, you might find yourself asking, "Dustin who?"

Block G Raptor
06/02/2006, 4:16 PM
Nah you really have to be a dub to get him I suppose

pete
06/02/2006, 4:29 PM
Dustin is annoying & had his 15mins 10 years ago.

gustavo
06/02/2006, 4:57 PM
i can only imagine the questions david norris is going to get:)

Peadar
06/02/2006, 6:17 PM
i can only imagine the questions david norris is going to get:)

That's why the questions for Diarmuid are so funny, you just didn't know what to expect. Even the production crew were in knots laughing at them.

sligoman
06/02/2006, 8:21 PM
I got an email about this last month offering me free tickets to the show. I can't make it so if anyone fancies going to the recordings then PM me and I'll forward on the email, all ya have to do is answer a little questionaire and tell them how many tickets yer after and then you'll more than likely get them. Here's the remaining dates of filming: Sunday February 12th 2006

Monday February 13th 2006

Sunday February 19th 2006

Monday February 20th 2006

Sunday February 26th 2006

Monday February 27th 2006

Sunday March 5th 2006

Monday March 6th 2006

Sunday March 12th 2006

Monday March 13th 2006

razor
07/02/2006, 7:30 AM
Some of it was very funny, some of it was cringe tv.
The bit at the end where they waxed yer man was funny (that wasn't you Peadar by any chance?)
Not sure what part the girl plays, seems to only be in the way.
I mean she didn't even curse or anything.

Peadar
07/02/2006, 8:18 AM
(that wasn't you Peadar by any chance?)

Nah mate, I sat down on the first question.

With regard to Lucy Kennedy, she's simply there to make up for the mobility which P&R lack.

I'm still laughing at Diarmuid Gavin being asked if he ever gets lazy and fukks a bag of rubbish over his garden wall. :D

Risteard
07/02/2006, 8:25 AM
I got an email about this last month offering me free tickets to the show. I can't make it so if anyone fancies going to the recordings then PM me and I'll forward on the email,

Is it in Dublin studios?

Peadar
07/02/2006, 8:34 AM
Is it in Dublin studios?

It's in RTÉ Studio 4 at Montrose in Dublin.

If you watch the show tonight, they give an e-mail address after the credits where you can apply for tickets.

Schumi
07/02/2006, 12:00 PM
I got an email about this last month offering me free tickets to the show. I can't make it so if anyone fancies going to the recordings then PM me and I'll forward on the email
Afraid of getting waxed? ;)

carrickharp
07/02/2006, 12:04 PM
Enjoyed last nights show, fair play:D

max power
07/02/2006, 12:23 PM
It's in RTÉ Studio 4 at Montrose in Dublin.

If you watch the show tonight, they give an e-mail address after the credits where you can apply for tickets.

yeah i applied last night, on the show the production and editing were very poor but the boys where great.

Peadar
07/02/2006, 12:47 PM
the production and editing were very poor

I'm hoping that improves as the show grows.
Last night was the first proper.

wws
07/02/2006, 5:07 PM
fairly rubbish i thought
i presume they plied you with hospitality peadar
u seem very taken with this pedestrian effort from rte!

the questions to ure man the gardner were funny tho but that was it

Peadar
08/02/2006, 8:29 AM
i presume they plied you with hospitality peadar

I was working the next morning so wasn't drinking.

Did I see Troy in the audience last night???

Ash
08/02/2006, 8:37 AM
Average at best I thought

Eire06
08/02/2006, 8:44 AM
I enjoyed the show last night! found it very funny!!

Can't believe they asked that Marisa Mackel was she an airport blonde!!
Her face was pricless..

Peadar
08/02/2006, 8:58 AM
To be fair to them last night, less than 24 hours before the recording, they believed that Gerry Ryan was to appear as their first guest rather than Dave Fanning. They couldn't have had too much time to prepare new material.

u seem very taken with this pedestrian effort from rte!

I'm sorry! In future I'll make an effort to be like so many others on here and be "very taken" with less than pedestrian efforts from across the Atlantic! :rolleyes:

ollie
08/02/2006, 9:43 AM
enjoyed last nights show i have to say especially the bit with dave fanning where they suggested that he was loosing his touch

wws
08/02/2006, 11:45 AM
To be fair to them last night, less than 24 hours before the recording, they believed that Gerry Ryan was to appear as their first guest rather than Dave Fanning. They couldn't have had too much time to prepare new material.

I'm sorry! In future I'll make an effort to be like so many others on here and be "very taken" with less than pedestrian efforts from across the Atlantic! :rolleyes:

hehe giggle

max power
09/02/2006, 3:45 PM
got my tickets sorted, i'm going on march 13 !!

Peadar
10/02/2006, 8:15 AM
Was listening to TodayFM on the way in and the presenter mentioned that Ray Darcy was coming up next. That reminded me of P&R claiming that they outted him. "...and if you're watching Ray, there's nothing you can do about it!" :D

Peadar
14/02/2006, 2:24 PM
Really enjoyed last nights show.
Yer one, Miss Rose of Tralee is a cracker!
Their commentary on the hypnosis thing was gas.

max power
14/02/2006, 4:15 PM
yeah her dimples are nice when she smiles......nice rack too ;)

De Town
14/02/2006, 6:08 PM
Well said!

Eire06
07/03/2006, 8:03 AM
Missed it last night but someone told me the famous Aine from Sligo was mentioned on it!!

Rodge is going on a date with her tonight!!:D
Anyone see it??

Den Perry
07/03/2006, 8:59 AM
Saw it, they gave that Russian Bird from fair city a right slagging, but the best of all was the going over they gave the two tools that were on the Eurovisio last year.

BTW, where is Lucy Kennedy from? I think she is gorgeous

Eire06
07/03/2006, 9:38 AM
Saw it, they gave that Russian Bird from fair city a right slagging, but the best of all was the going over they gave the two tools that were on the Eurovisio last year.

BTW, where is Lucy Kennedy from? I think she is gorgeous

Was Aine on it??

The McCalls are always getting slated on it they were on the show last week or the week before!!

Lucy is a cheap as Chips and as much personality as a plank, She wears the worst clothes for her figure too

Peadar
07/03/2006, 9:40 AM
Lucy is a Dub as far as I know.
Think I read that she recently bought a house with her boyfriend.

Den Perry
07/03/2006, 9:56 AM
Was Aine on it??

The McCalls are always getting slated on it they were on the show last week or the week before!!

Lucy is a cheap as Chips and as much personality as a plank, She wears the worst clothes for her figure too

How can you say that? The way she says "blo w job", is very sultry.

Granted her out fit was pretty bad last night but I don't see how you can say she is cheap and has zero personality

Peadar
07/03/2006, 10:04 AM
Granted her out fit was pretty bad last night but I don't see how you can say she is cheap and has zero personality

Eire06 is a girl, girls bitch about other girls. They can't help themselves. Jealousy is part of their make up.

Eire06
07/03/2006, 10:19 AM
How can you say that? The way she says "blo w job", is very sultry.

I have met her before and that is the impression I got from her!
She's a good looking girl but needs to do something with her hair and wardrobe

Reminder for Peadar

Lucy Kennedy is on it too but she's very one dimensional and brings little to the show.
"she's very one dimensional" same as saying "as much personality as a plank" You Jealous too :rolleyes:

$Leon$
07/03/2006, 10:48 AM

used to live beside her in college, she's changed alot since then

Can't believe they asked that Marisa Mackel was she an airport blonde!!
Her face was pricless..

The correct joke is airplane blonde. Never seen an airport with a black box

Den Perry
07/03/2006, 11:15 AM
I have met her before and that is the impression I got from her!
She's a good looking girl but needs to do something with her hair and wardrobe

Reminder for Peadar

"she's very one dimensional" same as saying "as much personality as a plank" You Jealous too :rolleyes:

where is she from? how old is she?

Eire06
07/03/2006, 11:20 AM
where is she from? how old is she?
Shes 29/30 and from Dublin I think!!!

sligoman
11/03/2006, 2:39 PM
Fcuking legendary show this really is, Aine from Sligo is getting an awful slagging:D. I'd say they found that site from here:p.

Seagull
11/03/2006, 8:40 PM
Fcuking legendary show this really is, Aine from Sligo is getting an awful slagging:D. I'd say they found that site from here:p.
Every time I click on that video link she has it crashes my pc- what's going on there???

CollegeTillIDie
12/03/2006, 6:47 PM
Eire06 is a girl, girls bitch about other girls. They can't help themselves. Jealousy is part of their make up.

Especially when the Irish girl, in question, is semi-presentable ! :D

max power
13/03/2006, 1:46 PM
i'm off to it tonight so i'll stick up an old report in the morning.

Peadar
13/03/2006, 2:11 PM
i'm off to it tonight so i'll stick up an old report in the morning.

Lucky your game was cancelled on Saturday since you're missing eircom league weekly. ;)

max power
13/03/2006, 2:29 PM
Lucky your game was cancelled on Saturday since you're missing eircom league weekly. ;)

na recording it on the dvd harddrive, i'll pop it onto a disk and watch it on the train tomorrow:D

max power
13/03/2006, 4:01 PM
Background on the lads from www.rte.ie

Name: Padraig Judas O'Lepracy

Physical Appearance: 4 foot 6 inches. Ageing and bloated, yet sprightly. Has managed to keep his bright red hair which is immaculately well groomed with 'Ballydung dolphin oil.' Podge is always well dressed, if a little frayed around the cuffs- his entire wardrobe is made up of 'dead men's clothes.' When at home he dons his smoking jacket and slippers. It's the Noel Coward look. Podge is never seen without his pipe.

How does Podge feel about the way he looks? Podge thinks he looks sharp and considers himself a bit of a lady-killer.

Childhood? Siblings- He was born two minutes before his identical twin brother Rodge and has therefore taken on the older sibling role.

Education: From the age of six they were not allowed out of the Asylum and got their education from a psychiatric nurse whom they called Granny, before she herself went insane. Podge is quite well read and would consider himself a bit of an intellectual.

Childhood activities: Pick pocketing, taxidermy and thieving from dead people.

Sex life and moral beliefs: A professional pervert.

Religious background and current religious beliefs: An avid member of the Church of the Dark Lord, which is the only Church in Ballydung.

Hobbies: Dolphin shooting, taxidermy and collecting 'arthouse' films.

Optimist or Pessimist: A definite pessimist. He is a miserable b****x, everything is a conspiracy and he resents other people's success, particularly when it comes to his brother Rodge.

What is Podge proud of: Everyone knows and respects Podge. Outwardly he appears to be a pillar of the community and he is proud of the respect he can command.

What is Podge ashamed of: He is ashamed that he never fulfilled any of his dreams and ambitions. He solely blames Rodge for holding him back all his life. He considers Rodge to be a noose around his neck. Podge is highly embarrassed by his brother's antics and has long ago grown tired of making excuses for him.

How intelligent is Podge: Very intelligent and very manipulative. He uses every trick in the book to get what he wants.

Name: Rodraig Spartacus O'Lepracy

Occupation: Illegal bicycle repairs and gut scraper in Ballydung meats. Currently long term unemployed.

Physical Appearance: Rodge has spiky unruly red hair. He wears combat jackets and overcoats which he'll happily sleep in. He is very scruffy, the opposite to Podge.

How does Rodge feel about the way he looks: Thinks he looks great - in fact he sees himself as Ballydung's answer to James Bond.

Childhood: Siblings- He was born a mere two minutes after his twin Podge, and has remained under his brother's shadow ever since.

Education: His brother taught him all he needs to know. In fact Podge made sure that Rodge never learnt too much for fear of losing control over his sibling.

Childhood activities: A peeping Tom, pick pocketing and pyromania.

Romantic life: Rodge is a romantic at heart. He always dreamed of finding the right woman, moving out of Ballydung Manor and settling down. But Podge will do anything and everything to ensure that this never happens.

Sex life and moral beliefs: Rodge is a compulsive fiddler and is constantly 'at' himself. He's not sure if he's actually ever slept with a woman or if it was just his highly sexed imagination.

Religious background and current religious beliefs: Altar boy for the Church of Satan.

Hobbies: Ladies bicycle saddle collecting, Monkey collecting-he has all 160 species of primate in the attic. Other hobbies include Dolphin shooting, cat shooting, dog shooting, shooting in general.

Optimist or Pessimist: Rodge is the eternal optimist and despite the constant putting down and holding back by Podge his enthusiasm never waifs.

What is Rodge proud of: Despite everything he is proud to be Podge's brother. He is his mentor. He is also very proud of his monkey 'children.'

What is Rodge ashamed of: Rodge is too stupid to be ashamed of anything.

How intelligent is Rodge: He's not very intelligent and is very easily led

max power
13/03/2006, 4:04 PM
have a look the interview on the site too:D

oconghc2
13/03/2006, 4:24 PM
never really liked the other show they had - never sat down to watch it.

like the new show though - its the kind of show that was missing from rte - plus Lucy is fairly hot - i think she does good on the show - compliments podge and rog fairly well.

Peadar
13/03/2006, 5:09 PM
its the kind of show thats missing from rte

It's on RTÉ! :confused: :confused: :confused:

oconghc2
13/03/2006, 10:30 PM
got me on a technicality there Peadar ye hawk ye!! ill make sure I proof it next time! 7,000 posts and still sharp! :)

max power
14/03/2006, 10:32 AM
good fun last night, keith duffy and some boring **** from the irisg times were the guests, duffy was great, i think he was pi$$ed:D

there is a unique irish sport featured as well, great fun with the show and i can't wait to see how much of duffy's interview is left in, filthy stuff:p