PDA

View Full Version : Mick told Roy To Fcuk off home

Pablo
22/05/2002, 4:39 PM
Reports this evening suggest that when Keane went back to Mick this morning telling him he had changed his mind McCarthy told him "its too late, you're out, Colin Healy is in and the revised squad has been faxed to FIFA" or words to this effect. Apparently McCarthy was not for turning and was making a stand. Apparently it was harder for Michael Kennedy and Ferguson to convice McCarthy to change his mind that it was for the same duo to talk Keane out of it.

In the end further representations were made on Keane's behalf principally by John Delaney (FAI treasurer) and finally McCarthy backed down but not before he had claimed all the high moral ground and made Keane look particularly foolish which is no harm at all in the context of squad morale. At least we now know that Keane really does want to play and presumably regrets his childishness.

from Ihadamacedonia.com

patsh
23/05/2002, 8:48 AM
Let's be honest here, who would we prefer in Japan:
Roy Keane, world class player, who has almost single handedly got Ireland to the finals, or
"Row Z" McCarthy, the man who felt that Denis Irwin had to prove that he was good enough to get a game, the man who thinks Breen, Dunne, Carsley, Connolly should be at the world cup while Healy and Babb are not and I could go on and on......
I'll take Roy with all his tantrums any day over that f*cking chancer McCarthy (who probably has a UEFA Grade coaching badge too)....:mad:

A face
23/05/2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by oddboy
Let's be honest here, who would we prefer in Japan:
Roy Keane, world class player, who has almost single handedly got Ireland to the finals, or
"Row Z" McCarthy, the man who felt that Denis Irwin had to prove that he was good enough to get a game, the man who thinks Breen, Dunne, Carsley, Connolly should be at the world cup while Healy and Babb are not and I could go on and on......
I'll take Roy with all his tantrums any day over that f*cking chancer McCarthy (who probably has a UEFA Grade coaching badge too)....:mad:

Yeah .... i agree with all of that except the Baab thing, he is Sh!te. It seems that our Roy was not happy with the FAI in general aswell and thats what sparked alot of this ..... "I am with ya dere Roy, auld buddy auld pal, dey are a shower of Pr!cks"