PDA

View Full Version : St. Catherine's (Donegal) 0, Sligo Rovers 4

The Stars
04/02/2006, 8:35 PM
Sligo Rovers played their first friendly today as they travelled to Donegal to play St. Catherine's from Killybegs. Rovers won 4-0 thanks to goals from Sean Flannery, John Bellew and Paul McTiernan who scored two. Rovers led 2-0 at half time with Flannery and McTiernan scoring. McTiernan scored a second and Bellew who plays with Rovers U-18 side underlined his potential as he scored the fourth. Also impressing for Rovers was new signing Gavin Peers who put in a good showing at right back.

http://www.oceanfm.ie/onair/sligoleitrimsport.php?articleid=000000877

gustavo
04/02/2006, 10:35 PM
source?

Red4Eva
04/02/2006, 10:40 PM
peers was very impressive. worked hard, organised the backline very well and very good any time he had the ball. although the opposition wasn't much he couldn't really have done anymore to impress me. turner was very very good too. hughes didn't do much but u cud see he was gettin really pist off with the sh*te pitch. charlie treacy didn't have much to do. another english guy was i goals for 2nd half, nothin to do either. mckenzie seems decent enuff. in the 2nd half there was a few guys that came on&don't have a clue who they are. a left back called sean(looked dodgy), centre back(didnt have much to do) and 2 midfielders(no.14 looked decent and no.15 did see much of the ball).

keith foy is a fat b*stard. at least 3 stone over weight. he'd wanna cop the f*ck on and lose some weight fast. if he's takin this seriously at all there's no excuse for being that fat. it's obvious that he's got good technique but he'll be a total liability. roy o'donovan or ollie cahill won't even have to work up a sweat playin against him unless he does somethin serious about his weight

sligoman
04/02/2006, 10:57 PM
turner was very very good too.I thought we didn't get him yet?:confused:.

SligoBrewer
04/02/2006, 11:01 PM
agree bout foy, but then again gabbadiani

Redtop
05/02/2006, 1:18 PM
the left back was pribably seanie kelly..and i think the cb was colin gaule

Red Soldier
05/02/2006, 2:33 PM
Its good to see Bellew gettin a run and scoring a goal,hes got the potential to be a quality striker,hopefully he can get a few more runs in pre-season to prove himself.

Red4Eva
05/02/2006, 6:15 PM
the left back was pribably seanie kelly..and i think the cb was colin gaule

i know who sean kelly and colin gaule are and it wasn't them. the left back was a big f*cker with a bit of a beard. the centre back was tall too. i doubt ppl will realise how fat foy is until u actually see him on da pitch. fattest professional footballer ever i'd say. bellew was workin very hard but we were playin with 10 men in 2nd half so had work very hard to get the ball at all, he wasn't havin much luck up front so he startin comin to deep. he scored from an impossible angle.

feo123
05/02/2006, 9:49 PM
i know how fat he is....seen him loads of times for monaghan! he wont be able to lose more than a stone b4 the season i'd say! think we might need to get another 1 left sided player at least, all we really have is foy and jay!

gustavo
05/02/2006, 11:06 PM
I'd say Faz will probably start the season on the left wing.

Magicme
06/02/2006, 8:24 AM
Your serious concerns on his weight aside how did Foyzer play?

Red4Eva
06/02/2006, 2:46 PM
foy definitely put on a half a stone since b4 xmas. foy didn't do much but it was awfully easy for him against these lads. his passing was always good. he can't carry the ball any distance tho cos he's just too fat. he took a cupla corners that were pretty poor&took bout 5 mins to get back. he only played 1st half. gavin peers, our other starting full back, covered every blade of grass about 10 times over for 90 mins and looks a far better player than foy.

hughes started on left with faz on right. it was turner&sum trialist in the middle. trialist got injured early on&jay came on on the left, hughes moved centre. jay got a belt in the nose after bout 10 mins&had to come off. raf came on&faz moved to left. bit of a merry go round for the wide players but i'd by the time of galway&harps games we'll know who'll be plain where

Magicme
06/02/2006, 7:51 PM
Was talkin to Keith today and he was saying he was disappointed with how things went. Someone let me know how things went this evening when u get back from the game!

Mayo Red
06/02/2006, 9:01 PM
i doubt ppl will realise how fat foy is until u actually see him on da pitch. fattest professional footballer ever i'd say.

Surely Tony Kelly from a few years back takes that title?:rolleyes:

red_away
07/02/2006, 12:38 PM
He wont lose too much weight doing his training in Toffs on saturday nite - I dont know if he was drinking but not the right image for a player who promised large lard reductions!

Magicme
07/02/2006, 12:51 PM
He wont lose too much weight doing his training in Toffs on saturday nite - I dont know if he was drinking but not the right image for a player who promised large lard reductions!

Thats my fault...told him Toffs was a great spot! :o

roversforever
07/02/2006, 12:54 PM
Thats my fault...told him Toffs was a great spot! :o
will you please stop coming on here trying to let on your great buddies with keith foy cos we don't really care!

Magicme
07/02/2006, 1:38 PM
ha ha.... your right shame on me!

was actually complimenting your towns night life but hey sorry bout that...

The Stars
07/02/2006, 2:35 PM
dont mind him Magicme.....you seem to be the only one who knows anything about him so keep the info coming......Also,tell him to lose weight!!!!

Magicme
07/02/2006, 3:45 PM
Jaysus! Just realised! There must b a foyzer lookalike hanging around toffs! Keith gave up drink for new year & is on anti biotics anyway. I know he is mad but there is no way anyone in their right mind would go to toffs sober!

Red4Eva
07/02/2006, 3:52 PM
There must b a foyzer lookalike hanging around toffs!

must have been robert cullen

sligoman
07/02/2006, 6:47 PM
Keith gave up drink for new year & is on anti biotics anyway.Maybe the Rovers boys are a bad influence on him?:eek: :D.

gustavo
07/02/2006, 7:12 PM
you can be in a nightclub and not drinking alcohol....

The Stars
07/02/2006, 9:20 PM
you can be in a nightclub and not drinking alcohol....
are you serious?how?

sligoman
07/02/2006, 9:55 PM
are you serious?how?Some people go out and don't drink!

The Stars
07/02/2006, 9:58 PM
what,I dont understand.

Magicme
08/02/2006, 12:20 PM
Ha ha...I often go to nite clubs sober but its a scary experience....last time I did was in Longford! :eek:

Naw from the horses mouth he wasnt out and he hasnt been drinking.

Funny how when he joined us first some fans had similar reactions about his weight but when he gets into the season and u see how valuable he is you will forget u ever had ur doubts.

Red4Eva
08/02/2006, 2:03 PM
Funny how when he joined us first some fans had similar reactions about his weight but when he gets into the season and u see how valuable he is you will forget u ever had ur doubts.

no offence man but playin for monaghan at the bottom of the 1st div&playin for sligo rovers in the prem is a whole different story

Magicme
08/02/2006, 5:56 PM
Yeah but also the level of training will probably be premier so chances are his game will get better with full time training. As said b4 he has done it b4 and he can do it again!

red arrow
09/02/2006, 8:17 PM
i agree with magicme when foyzer gets into his stride he will be a huge addition to rovers. i was talking to an assosiate of sligo rovers today who saw the players training and he was very impressed with the quality of all of the new players including foyzer. he also said that there were a lot of new faces at the showgrounds more than the 3 that we have signed. im not including turner because his agent is looking fo a lot of money. the lad dearly wants to play for rovers and there is no doubt but that he is a quality player but lets hope the agent releases him. i will keep all posted

Terry
10/02/2006, 7:47 AM
im not including turner because his agent is looking fo a lot of money. the lad dearly wants to play for rovers and there is no doubt but that he is a quality player but lets hope the agent releases him. i will keep all posted

Greedy B*stard! Its fairly obvious then that hes just looking out for himself and not Turner, the kid should fire him!

feo123
11/02/2006, 8:00 PM
f**k all agents! why do you need an agent anyway?

gustavo
11/02/2006, 8:06 PM
this is what they do.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4671088.stm

SligoBrewer
11/02/2006, 8:50 PM
B~llo(kses!