PDA

View Full Version : Hanging with Hector next Thursday

sligoman
03/02/2006, 7:44 PM
Hector (http://www.rte.ie/tv/hangingwithhector/) is hanging with Shay Given next Thursday night. It's on RTE1 at around 10pm.

Armando
03/02/2006, 7:50 PM
Hopefully Hector will ask him why on earth he is still at Newcastle. This summer will be the ideal time to put in a transfer request after the sacking of yet another manager. That club is going nowhere. He owes them nothing and in fact i'd go as far to say that they have let him down over the past 4 years and owe it to him to let him go without a fuss.

Dun Laoire
03/02/2006, 7:57 PM
Newcastle is good for shay, they keep him nice and busy each week

sligoman
03/02/2006, 7:57 PM
It should be good craic too:D. It was shot in London afaik, in advance of Newcastle's game with Arsenal.

hamish
03/02/2006, 10:00 PM
I must admit I think Hector is an ok bloke but isn't he in danger of over exposing** himself these days?? Fcuks sake, he's on every programme.

**That's NOT a double entendre BTW:mad:

Adrianovic
05/02/2006, 9:56 PM
I think Shay deserves to win something in his career, he's a really good keeper and as honest (and loyal, probably to the point of his detriment) as the day is long.

It won't be at Newcastle though.

Ade

oconghc2
05/02/2006, 10:24 PM
have to be the euros then!

cheifo
05/02/2006, 10:43 PM
I have never heard Hector come out with anything remotley funny.Can someone please explain what his appeal is meant to be?

gustavo
05/02/2006, 11:58 PM
Tá sé completely ás a bosca , már sín tá sé abalta cáint complete shíte le daoine cáiliúila :

Superhoops
06/02/2006, 6:26 AM
Tá sé completely ás a bosca , már sín tá sé abalta cáint complete shíte le daoine cáiliúila :
cac iomlan ??:D

Den Perry
06/02/2006, 7:55 AM
I have never heard Hector come out with anything remotley funny.Can someone please explain what his appeal is meant to be?

I think we have enough Ginger's with f****** up accents on national television these days without Hector. Though he talks a lot more sense than that other clown

Aldini98
06/02/2006, 12:12 PM
Hopefully Hector will ask him why on earth he is still at Newcastle. This summer will be the ideal time to put in a transfer request after the sacking of yet another manager. That club is going nowhere. He owes them nothing and in fact i'd go as far to say that they have let him down over the past 4 years and owe it to him to let him go without a fuss.

Well thats saved me some typing - excellent point.

NeilMcD
06/02/2006, 2:15 PM
I think we have enough Ginger's with f****** up accents on national television these days without Hector. Though he talks a lot more sense than that other clown

Who are you talking about here and why do you have to have so many profanities in your posts and always insulting players or ex players. can you not just make a normal post without dropping to this level of neanderthal behaviour.

Den Perry
06/02/2006, 2:20 PM
Who are you talking about here and why do you have to have so many profanities in your posts and always insulting players or ex players. can you not just make a normal post without dropping to this level of neanderthal behaviour.

Neil have you any sense of humour.....you take everything so seriously? Am I upsetting your little apple cart?

and by the way I was talking about Hector and Staunton

Ash
06/02/2006, 2:32 PM
I cant stand him at all and your right Hamish, he seems to be everywhere,
adverts for whiskey, newspapers, horse racing, Lions tour.

To have someone as passionate about the Irish language is great and I
really wish I was fluent but the thoughts of turning out like him isn’t
appealing at all

NeilMcD
06/02/2006, 4:56 PM
Neil have you any sense of humour.....you take everything so seriously? Am I upsetting your little apple cart?

and by the way I was talking about Hector and Staunton

I do have a sense of humour but it is not at the level of calling someone a ****ing ****** and thinking its funny.

Give me Alan Partridge, Monty Python the Office any day of the week. Insults to players managers or people in the media can be funny but I dont see any wit in any of your posts to be honest.

Irish_Praha
06/02/2006, 5:00 PM

I thought you had been looking at re-runs of Bosco.

cheifo
07/02/2006, 1:07 AM
Oh I see now,cheers.

CollegeTillIDie
08/02/2006, 7:33 AM
cac iomlan ??:D

Faoileach iomlán ? Tá na cláreacha turasóireachta ana simiúl i mo thuairaim

sligoman
09/02/2006, 11:41 AM
Tonight at 10:15pm:).

Rory H
09/02/2006, 11:44 AM
gingers are people too;) :D

finlma
10/02/2006, 8:31 AM
I enjoyed the show last night - while Hector can be a bit over-bearing I thought Shay came across as a real gentleman and thoroughly nice bloke.

He dropped enough hints about going to Spain in the summer too - hope he goes.

Hector's 5 penalties against Shay were awful - he only got 1 on target and it was saved.

Tired&Emotional
10/02/2006, 8:36 AM
Yeah thought it good. Different insight compared to what you'd normally see "behind the scenes" But Hector seemed at bit OTT alright, backslapping & "dude" handshakes....think Shay is too polite of a bloke to back away.

All in good humour though. Nice bit about Shay supporting families affected by cancer.
Nice jammer as well!

beautifulrock
10/02/2006, 8:49 AM
Good show, although Shay spent very little time "hanging" than any of the others so far in the series. Hector is a good laugh and impressed with his Spanish, very funny his chat with Nobby Solano.

Don Vito
10/02/2006, 9:22 AM
Jesus Hector is annoying creature! Imagine bein stuck in a lift with him :eek: . Looks like Shay is def looking for a move to Spain anyway hint after hint last night. Seemed like a decent fella too.

lofty9
10/02/2006, 9:31 AM
Jesus Hector is annoying creature! Imagine bein stuck in a lift with him :eek: . Looks like Shay is def looking for a move to Spain anyway hint after hint last night. Seemed like a decent fella too.

Imagine being stuck on a lift with him and Niall Quinn!

zinedineontour
10/02/2006, 10:51 AM
Great show last night .. Thought Shay came across as a lovely bloke and wish he gets out of that ****hole sooner rather than later !