PDA

View Full Version : Trust travel for next season

sligoman
03/02/2006, 7:03 PM
Just post this here in case ye don't see it:
It's important to note that you will need to be a Trust member next season in order to travel to games next season. Supporters who arent already members will be able to join the trust on the bus where application forms will be available to anyone wishing to travel.So anyone plan on travelling next season? Then ye'll have to join!

SligoBrewer
04/02/2006, 8:47 PM
i'll be joining...do 16 yr olds get the child rate?

roversforever
05/02/2006, 7:25 AM
so they're basically trying to force people to join the trust.its pretty sad if they have to resort to this in order to get members....saying people won't be allowed on the bus if they don't join.

sligo1
05/02/2006, 12:00 PM
Just out of curiousity, why wouldn't you join the Trust?And why should the Trust run a bus for non members?In my opinion they should run a bus to every away game but in order to do that they need to have definite numbers.The idea of Supporters Clubs and the Trust is to encourage people to get behind Sligo Rovers and certainly not to try and score points against each other.
So Roversforever, are you a member of the Trust and if not, why not?
It seems to me that Sligo is a funny town(far from a city yet) - do the people of Sligo want Sligo Rovers to succeed at all?
In the space of 6 months, the trust has given 5,500 euro to Sligo Rovers, ran player of the month presentations followed by player of the year presentation,
organised buses to away matchs,put up a website,bought a drum(not sure if that was one of their better ideas) and generally tried and create an awareness about Sligo Rovers - I think these lads deserve our support and encouragement and not criticism.
If anybody agrees/disagrees with the trust for whatever reason,then they should join the trust and air their grievences at their meetings.

SligoBrewer
05/02/2006, 3:14 PM
where can i become a member in town?
I asked in Jako and they said that they had no affliction with the trust.

Do 16 yr olds get the child rate?

The Stars
05/02/2006, 3:23 PM
bought a drum(not sure if that was one of their better ideas) and generally tried and create an awareness about Sligo Rovers - I think these lads deserve our support and encouragement and not criticism.

bit of a contradiction there but i know what you mean.

1 9 2 8
05/02/2006, 3:36 PM
So anyone plan on travelling next season? Then ye'll have to join!

Doesn’t effect me I don't use their bus but what if ye can't fill the bus with trust people will ye cancel the bus then or let non members on it

SligoBrewer
05/02/2006, 3:38 PM
you'll be able to join the trust on the bus.
thats what it says

Red4Eva
05/02/2006, 6:23 PM
i don't understand why any1 could possibly have anythin bad to say about the trust. perhaps it wud have sounded better if the trust had said only members will be guaranteed a place on the bus or else non-members will have to pay more

SligoBrewer
05/02/2006, 6:35 PM
its a tenner for the season.

Great value if you ask me!

feo123
05/02/2006, 9:44 PM
its poor that you have to join the trust to go on the buses! when people see that you have to join, they wont bother goin! what was wrong with people goin last year and not being a member....people would join it if they wanted to!

roversforever
06/02/2006, 11:58 AM
its poor that you have to join the trust to go on the buses! when people see that you have to join, they wont bother goin! what was wrong with people goin last year and not being a member....people would join it if they wanted to!
exactly....thats what i was trying to say!!i think it smacks of desperation.

Redzer
06/02/2006, 12:37 PM
I dont know about having to join the trust in order to attend away games is going to work for the betterment of fans.
What you could end up with is another group organising a bus, and end up with two half filled buses.
I would not like to tell them what to do, but a reduced rate for trust members would be fair to all concerned.

garykelly
06/02/2006, 1:34 PM
that text has been removed from the website. Travel for next season hasnt been discussed yet and the information on the site was an outline based on what other supporters trusts/clubs do. Nobody wants to force anyone to join anything to travel so the website has been edited accordingly. Joining the trust is optional but we will look to come up with a discount or something for people who have joined the trust. If anyone has any ideas on this please feel free to email info@thebitored.org, PM myself or attend Tuesdays trust meeting. (7pm City Hotel Bar).

The trust was started by supporters for supporters and the idea was that it benefits supporters and the club. We're all continually learning and do try our best with the time we have available. If anyone has any ideas or think something could be done a better way then do feel free to contact us with your suggestions, as they are greatly welcomed.

cheers.

marktis
06/02/2006, 8:23 PM
Oh my god, something intelligent is posted and not a reply from the naysayers .......
Well I think it will be worth joining the trust to be guaranteed a bus ride for the various trips around the country :-)