PDA

View Full Version : Some Clarity

Maynard
03/02/2006, 12:24 PM
DUBLIN CITY IS disappointed with reports on the outcome of the eircom League management meeting which was held in Limerick last week and wishes to clear up some misunderstanding which might be in the public domain.

Much of what was reported in the national media was, in my opinion, false and Dublin City is anxious to ensure that supporters of the eircom League are fully informed of what was decided upon.

What was voted upon on the day was that the eircom league would continue to negotiate with the FAI with a view to a possible merger, but, nothing would be voted on until all relevant criteria was on the table. At this point in time clubs are not fully informed, so no vote or decision can be made at this point in time. The status quo remains.

As regards Dublin City's position, I would like to state that I am in no doubt that once we finish in the Premier Division on sporting criteria alone, that's where we will remain. Dublin City is committed to establishing itself as a genuine force within the eircom League and we are fully committed to ensuring we meet the highest professional standards at all times.

We will meet and face up to the criteria as required and look forward to the challenge. We have playing facilities as met by Bohemians FC and a youth policy firmly in place and we enjoy a healthy relationship with St Paul's Artane FC.

yours in sport,

Ronan Seery

Well it's encouraging to hear some truth finally come out from somebody actually involved around this cloak and dagger affair. If the merger was to go ahead and a set of reasonable (and tangible) criteria is set down for all the clubs to adhere to within a certain (reasonable) time frame, then no one is going to disagree with that. It's a shame that the FAI chose to float this very important kite in the same manner in which they leaked the apponitment of Steve Staunton and Bobby Robson as the Irish managerial team. It seems that it's favoured method of public relations is highly spun leaks being given to certain journalists who are in the magic circle.

Anyway, that debate is for another day. What is important is that it appears if we avoid relegation we will (drum roll...) avoid relegation:rolleyes: Glad to hear it.