PDA

View Full Version : Monaghan United Friendlies

Magicme
01/02/2006, 7:15 PM
Fans will get their first chance to see the Monaghan United team for 2006 in action against Newry City (away) Tuesday 7th February at 7.45 and Armagh City (away) on Friday 10th February at 7.45. Other friendlies confirmed are against Premier Division sides UCD (at Belfield) on Sunday 19th February at 2.30pm, Waterford United FC (to be played in Limerick) on Saturday 25th February at 3pm and Dublin City (at Whitehall) on Saturday 4th March at 7.30pm.

All friendlies are pending approval from the eL.

Magicme
02/02/2006, 3:49 PM
Scratch the above...ur first chance to see the Mons in action is this Saturday against TK at 2pm.

monutdfc
02/02/2006, 5:42 PM
that's TEK

Magicme
03/02/2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah but prefer lemonade i do....:D

Magicme
04/02/2006, 7:59 PM
We drew 1-1. Couldnt make the game coz my son was sick so dont know anything more bout it at the mo.

sligoman
08/02/2006, 3:47 PM
Monaghan lost 2-1 away to Newry last night. They took the lead through David Lee but couldn't hold onto it and also missed a penalty. Match report on elevenaside but I couldn't be arsed searching for it again:o.

monutdfc
08/02/2006, 5:16 PM
match report on cut-and-paste aside you mean - full match report form which it is copied (obviously because they don't know the scorer of the winner either) is on our website www.monaghanunited.ie

Rory H
09/02/2006, 4:50 PM
expectation for the season magicme?

Magicme
10/02/2006, 10:05 AM
I really cant comment yet coz I havent seen them play. Will get my first chance tonight when they take on Armagh.

I hate making any predictions tho coz last season I was so optimistic and was badly let down.

Magicme
11/02/2006, 10:22 AM
Monaghan United FC travelled to Armagh City last nite and played a very entertaining match to come away with a 1-1 draw. In the first half, Monaghan had the measure of Armagh and played some very good passing football. Monaghan created a few good chances and were rewarded on the 18th minute when Paul Smyth slotted home from 6 yards much to the joy of the large following support. The game settled into a fairly even affair but with Mons making more chances. David Lee made a few attempts but was unlucky not to score. His biggest disappointment was when he hit the ball over the bar from 6 yards. Robbie Smith also made a nusicance of himself by making darting runs into the Armagh defence and giving the goalie alot of work. Armagh had few chances due to the solid back four of Paul Whelan, Darren Sargent, David Cronin and Eddie Keys.

In the second half, Mick made 8 substitutions including bringing on goalie Tadhg Murphy to replace Robbie Horgan. Eoghan O'Shea and Shane Harte got a run out in the second half. Tadhg didnt get much chance to settle in goals before Armagh capitalised on the unsettled defence and slipped a header past Murphy. The game lost most of its momentum but Monaghan still managed to put in a good display.

The 1-1 result was a fair enough reflection of a pretty even game, but Mons definately showed potential.