View Full Version : POTM, January - Voting

sligoman
01/02/2006, 5:29 PM
Voting time people!:)

The poll will remain open for 7 days.

Vitruvian Man
01/02/2006, 6:27 PM
What gives.
I get a nomination but I don't get onto the poll.

Is it becos I is Boze (http://www.entertainers.co.uk/images/lookalikes/ali-g-dean-taylor/ali-g-dean-taylor.jpg)

sligoman
01/02/2006, 7:52 PM
What gives.
I get a nomination but I don't get onto the poll.I can only pick ten posts so, I guess yours didn't make the cut...

Raheny Red
02/02/2006, 11:39 AM
It's gotta be John 83

Rory H
02/02/2006, 1:17 PM
gonna be a close one this month i think

RĂ©iteoir
02/02/2006, 3:16 PM
What gives.
I get a nomination but I don't get onto the poll.

Is it becos I is Boze (http://www.entertainers.co.uk/images/lookalikes/ali-g-dean-taylor/ali-g-dean-taylor.jpg)

Can't believe that your post didn't make the Poll.

I would have nominated it myself - but saw it already had been - so thought we didn't need to nominate it again.

sligoman
02/02/2006, 4:27 PM
Can't believe that your post didn't make the Poll.

I would have nominated it myself - but saw it already had been - so thought we didn't need to nominate it again.I can only pick ten and I had to pick the best 10 in my opinion, and I did that!

Peadar
03/02/2006, 4:28 PM
I can only pick ten posts so, I guess yours didn't make the cut...

Yeah because you had to ensure that Sligo dominated again. :rolleyes:
The Sligo mutual back slapping train rolls on...

The Pie Man
03/02/2006, 4:34 PM
gonna be a close one this month i think

well i'm going for wild rover !!!

sligoman
03/02/2006, 6:43 PM
The Sligo mutual back slapping train rolls on...I was hoping someone would mention this! What you've said their is complete sh!te Peadar and I'm surprised you have said it. wild rover(a Sligo Rovers fan) has two nominations, correct. In a previous poll, you(a Cork fan) had two nominations in the poll in the same month too, so unless I give personal preference to Cork fans too do I?:rolleyes:.

The Pie Man
03/02/2006, 6:45 PM
thtas my vote for post of the month in feb......sock it to em !

monkey magic
04/02/2006, 3:09 AM
gotta be john83 for his conclusive proof as to the presence of oxygen in the athmosphere

Peadar
06/02/2006, 10:05 AM
What you've said their is complete sh!te Peadar and I'm surprised you have said it.

You left out a perfectly good nomination so that one of your mates could have two. That's hardly fair or right.

Sure why don't you delete my posts again. That seems to be the way things are done on Off Topic these days. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to read all the moaning from Sligs this season about how offended they are that other fans were chanting at them. Welcome to the real world!

sligoman
06/02/2006, 10:09 AM
Sure why don't you delete my posts again. That seems to be the way things are done on Off Topic these days. :rolleyes:If you have a problem with my moderation then PM dahamsta or post it in support

Can't wait to read all the moaning from Sligs this season about how offended they are that other fans were chanting at them. Welcome to the real world!What has POTM voting got to do with football?

and btw, wild rover is not a friend of mine so get yer facts straight first.

Rory H
06/02/2006, 11:40 AM
The Sligo mutual back slapping train rolls on...

:rolleyes: nobody complained when cork got european capital of culture did they?and we all know that there is more culture in horse filled limerick than the city that gave birth to the leech on the questionably economic frienfdly government mr eddie hobbs

if you want to get a nomination tell me something about a family with no income but who rent an yacht twice a week....say something like "you're doing as well as a sheep in galway" in a cork accent and then we'll all be happy

Peadar
06/02/2006, 12:38 PM
we all know that there is more culture in horse filled limerick

Wonderful post from you again!
How do you manage to be so witty and clever all the time! :rolleyes:

If there was ever any culture in Sligo it was simply passing through, on it's way to somewhere civilised.

Rory H
07/02/2006, 12:37 PM
Wonderful post from you again!
How do you manage to be so witty and clever all the time! :rolleyes:

If there was ever any culture in Sligo it was simply passing through, on it's way to somewhere civilised.

can you define culture then?

is culture having a violinist on the street instead of having an entertaining wino.....because i know which one i prefer

Risteard
07/02/2006, 12:53 PM
nobody complained when cork got european capital of culture did they?
lets see

we all know that there is more culture in horse filled limerick than the city that gave birth to the leech on the questionably economic frienfdly government mr eddie hobbs

From today's Indo: A motorist wielding a lump hammer attacked a city-centre traffic warden yesterday after receiving a parking ticket. The incident occurred at lunchtime on George's Quay, Cork, and was the latest in a series of attacks on traffic wardens.

Part of the on-street entertainment programme! :rolleyes:

I just don't believe in it - I mean, how can you take it seriously when the scousers are next up

Could not care less.
Obviously whoever gives the award had a sense of humour by awarding it to Cork in the first place, which is more than can be said for some of its locals.

Now that they have the Capital of Culture thing we have that fool from Radio 1, Terence or is it Creedon telling us all of the great bands that came from cork.

Ahhhh yes - our nation's city of culture. Good to see its inhabitants clambering for American fast food emporiums like the famine itself was still in full-swing...

Course it is not going to happen. It was just more of the bull**** surrounding the non event that is the capital of culture.

CapitalofCultureMyARse

b (CCMA)

cork are going to win the league.
cork IS the european culture capital.
cork isn't a dump.
cork is the real capital of ireland.
cork isn't a breeding ground for inbreds.
cork boasts a perfect race of people

And on the same note...

Pat Dolan isn't as fat as we all thought.
Rico can speak english.
Jesus was in fact a muslim.

:eek:
I like this one in hindsight.

Anyway, i'm sure there's more whinging jealousy elsewhere aswell.

Risteard
07/02/2006, 12:55 PM
can you define culture then?

is culture having a violinist on the street instead of having an entertaining wino.....because i know which one i prefer
Which?
Anyway, we're gone well off-topic.
Let me just have a quick whinge myself there if i'm entitled.

All those nominations just seem like smart alecy efforts at getting nominated.
None of them make a valid point or anything.
Just thought one or two of them might be constructive instead of amusing.
Whinge whinge whinge i know. Just thought it might need pointing out.
DCFC gets my vote.

Rory H
07/02/2006, 1:01 PM
wino till i die

Risteard
07/02/2006, 1:09 PM
wino till i die
:D

I'd agree on the entertainment front but your average violinist would have a nice cosy bed to go home to.

Rory H
07/02/2006, 3:15 PM
Which?
Anyway, we're gone well off-topic.
Let me just have a quick whinge myself there if i'm entitled.

All those nominations just seem like smart alecy efforts at getting nominated.
None of them make a valid point or anything.
Just thought one or two of them might be constructive instead of amusing.
Whinge whinge whinge i know. Just thought it might need pointing out.
DCFC gets my vote.

i cant do serious unfortunetly....

you're average violinst would have a home yes but isnt that what makes winos special

theres some mysterious about a wino,you know a violinst is going home at night but with a wino...who knows:confused:

The Stars
07/02/2006, 3:41 PM
who knows:confused:
im guessing a cosy cave.....

Rory H
07/02/2006, 3:46 PM
theres are loads of caves around sligo town arent there:rolleyes:

The Stars
07/02/2006, 4:02 PM
there are at the beach,thats where they must all go at night.

Rory H
07/02/2006, 4:06 PM
oh ya

i bet they wake up and have a nice swim too before the morning pint of tennants in the harbour:D

dfx-
07/02/2006, 7:09 PM
P.a.s.s.i.v.e.

sligoman
08/02/2006, 4:26 PM
Voting closes in just under an hour so vote now if you haven't done so yet!

sligoman
08/02/2006, 11:06 PM
The winner is John83, for this (http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=421017&postcount=24) post. Well done and thanks all for voting.