PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Doyle

Roo69
30/01/2006, 4:10 PM
is offically a Wanderer as of 10 minutes ago :D

Bray Head
30/01/2006, 6:08 PM
Great news. Robbie up front with Eamo will be worth watching this season. He played some games on the right of midfield for Pats last season a position we used a lot of players in last season. That would allow Foxy or Tarzan to partner Eamo up front.

Cabinteelygull
30/01/2006, 7:37 PM
Thats great news. Now we can definatley pose a threat up front this season. Id rate him as a very good attacker.:)

Grasshopper 99
31/01/2006, 8:06 AM
Now all we need is Danny back

BrayZil
31/01/2006, 8:25 AM
Great signing for Bray! I'm looking forward to the start of the season now. Eamon and Robbie up front will do well for us this year.

Grasshopper 99
31/01/2006, 8:33 AM
It will be great to see alright,

KK77
31/01/2006, 9:39 AM
Should be a good move for both parties. Is he signed as full-time player or part-time?

Grasshopper 99
31/01/2006, 9:51 AM
is offically a Wanderer as of 10 minutes ago :D

You only found out at 7.00 about the signing?? Im just a fan and i found out at half five on the way to work.:D your getting slower Roo:(

superfrank
31/01/2006, 10:26 AM
Great stuff.

Roo69
31/01/2006, 12:33 PM
You only found out at 7.00 about the signing?? Im just a fan and i found out at half five on the way to work.:D your getting slower Roo:(

Huh ?

Robbie signed for Bray at 5 o'clock, i posted it at 5.10.....

I'm not actually sure if it's full or part time ? I think himself and Zayed can be very good, with Robbie work rate and Zayed finishing defo one of the best young strike forces in the eL.

Hulsey
31/01/2006, 1:29 PM
I'm not actually sure if it's full or part time ? I think himself and Zayed can be very good, with Robbie work rate and Zayed finishing defo one of the best young strike forces in the eL.
Now we just have to hope that nobody comes in for him before the transfer deadline today over in england. He'd walk into a number of championship sides, so lets hope that Robbie's been brought in to complement and not replace Eamo. The two should be dynamite up front, just look at how well eamo and franco did last year before eamo's trip to norway, and robbie's a much better player than franco. If the team can just tighten up at the back we should be able to improve on last years league position:) .

KK77
31/01/2006, 1:45 PM
Part time from what i have just been told

superfrank
31/01/2006, 3:18 PM
with Robbie work rate and Zayed finishing defo one of the best young strike forces in the eL.
Is he really only 24??

I thought he was at least 26. :confused:

Roo69
31/01/2006, 3:20 PM
Is he really only 24??

I thought he was at least 26. :confused:

24 in April........

superfrank
31/01/2006, 3:27 PM
24 in April........
'Tis good stuff.

centre mid
01/02/2006, 3:47 PM
Only reading the thread now but thats quality, didnt think he had a fantastic year last year but Pats were poor enough for most of the season. Should provide plenty of quality and supply for Eamo

KR's Post
02/02/2006, 10:26 AM
Oh i can feel the tingle in my spine... Didn't look the happiest in the paper, ey Roo.... Caught at a bad time! Ha... What a signing tho. Fudgin great news. Bray calling Daniel O Connor, please sign!

Bray Head
02/02/2006, 12:58 PM
Robbie is a great signing but we should'nt be putting too much expectations on him. Goal scoring was not our problem last season it was conceding them. We could do with a quality centre half or goalkeeper to bolster the squad.According to the Wicklow People Devo is happy with the 3 keepers he has at present - Skippy, Young and new signing Masterson so it's unlikly he'll add to that department. Let's hope there is still some money left for a centre half.

superfrank
02/02/2006, 2:11 PM
Robbie is a great signing but we should'nt be putting too much expectations on him. Goal scoring was not our problem last season it was conceding them. We could do with a quality centre half or goalkeeper to bolster the squad.According to the Wicklow People Devo is happy with the 3 keepers he has at present - Skippy, Young and new signing Masterson so it's unlikly he'll add to that department. Let's hope there is still some money left for a centre half.
Jody, Weso, McGov??

I think we need a full-back.

Hulsey
03/02/2006, 11:07 AM
Jody, Weso, McGov??

I think we need a full-back.
You can add Mick Roche to that list too!
Agree with you but I think we need not just a full back or 2, but wingers aswell. The right side of midfield was a problem position for us last year and we could do with a permanent fixture in that position.

KR's Post
04/02/2006, 8:10 AM
The right side of midfield was a problem position for us last year and we could do with a permanent fixture in that position.

Me thinks Mr. doyle might be able to fill that void!

idol_1
04/02/2006, 5:08 PM
dont think we need full backs we have giffy ,o'reilly,tyrell,pip maybe ryaner,daz,
do agree about the wingers desperately need a decent winger

superfrank
04/02/2006, 9:38 PM
You can add Mick Roche to that list too!
Agree with you but I think we need not just a full back or 2, but wingers aswell. The right side of midfield was a problem position for us last year and we could do with a permanent fixture in that position.
I think the other players would be a shade better then Roche as they've so much more experience.

Hulsey
06/02/2006, 11:17 AM
I think the other players would be a shade better then Roche as they've so much more experience.
Roche is defo one for the future though. Reckon if called upon he'll do a more than adequate job for us.

Hulsey
06/02/2006, 11:21 AM
dont think we need full backs we have giffy ,o'reilly,tyrell,pip maybe ryaner,daz,
do agree about the wingers desperately need a decent winger
When you look at it more closely though you'll see my point. Pip and Ryaner would be the two main contenders for the left wing role, while giffy is suspended a lot of the time. Daz would be the first choice right back most of the time leaving o'Reilly (doesn't look comfortable left back) or Tyrell (lack of experience) for the left back position. Thats just my opinion of how things are.

Hulsey
06/02/2006, 11:22 AM
Me thinks Mr. doyle might be able to fill that void!
I'd personally prefer to see him up front with eamo, but it is an option.

Grasshopper 99
06/02/2006, 12:12 PM
I know this about Robbie, but I think it is time to try get Danny O'Connor back as well, he would walk straight into the team

fan_1
06/02/2006, 6:54 PM
think danny o connor is overrated seen him a few times last season not very impressive struggled against us last season think its just because he is a local that you want him. plus he would want big money which could be used to buy maybe 2 decent players

YoungHoop
07/02/2006, 8:16 AM
doyle is nothing but a PR man a con artist... im sure he is on that show faking it and this season he is going to come out and say .. hahah fooled you im not really a footballer but power citys top sales person for the last 3 years runnig :)

IM BACK

Grasshopper 99
07/02/2006, 8:36 AM
think danny o connor is overrated seen him a few times last season not very impressive struggled against us last season think its just because he is a local that you want him. plus he would want big money which could be used to buy maybe 2 decent players

Danny, lives in newtown and works in Bray, so money wise he would not demand as much as he is on in longford, due to the fact that there is less travel and wouldnt have to get as much time off work

Roo69
07/02/2006, 1:19 PM
doyle is nothing but a PR man a con artist... im sure he is on that show faking it and this season he is going to come out and say .. hahah fooled you im not really a footballer but power citys top sales person for the last 3 years runnig :)

IM BACK

Ah long time no hear my scum-hooped friend ! how ya keeping mate ?

YoungHoop
08/02/2006, 9:13 AM
im doing ok pal, we have put together a big squd this year and have been the major player in the transfare markret... you think we have bought well???

mattysin
09/02/2006, 1:12 AM
quality signing but YOUNG HOOP seems more concerned with non football discussion !
take a trip down to powercity young hoop and you will see robbie isnt there

He also isnt playing in the first division so you wont get to see him this year :D