PDA

View Full Version : What friendlies have we lined up?

Den Perry
30/01/2006, 11:51 AM
Did anybody read Sunday's Indo, whn Bobby Robson (Who I admire), asked the reporter if Ireland had any friendlies (otherthan the Swedish game), lined up prior to the qualification matches?

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but in his role as Advisor, which he has been officially acting as for almost two weeks now, he should know what fixtures are in place. Sounds like a breakdown in communication already....thats not like the FAI is it?

green army
30/01/2006, 12:24 PM
i heard we have lined up a friendly at home to spain. dont know when it is. its not on the fai website.

OwlsFan
30/01/2006, 12:34 PM
Did anybody read Sunday's Indo, whn Bobby Robson (Who I admire), asked the reporter if Ireland had any friendlies (otherthan the Swedish game), lined up prior to the qualification matches?

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but in his role as Advisor, which he has been officially acting as for almost two weeks now, he should know what fixtures are in place. Sounds like a breakdown in communication already....thats not like the FAI is it?

You think he would have made it his business to find out. You admire Robson who hasn't bothered to find out about his job and you blame the FAI for his failings...if in doubt, blame the FAI :rolleyes: It's his job to find out. Not to ask reporters.

Den Perry
30/01/2006, 12:54 PM
You think he would have made it his business to find out. You admire Robson who hasn't bothered to find out about his job and you blame the FAI for his failings...if in doubt, blame the FAI :rolleyes: It's his job to find out. Not to ask reporters.

True. I'm not trying to absolve him of the blame...I may not have been very clear on that,but he is working working for the FAI, and they are the organisation who appointed him. That apart, it does not look good, him asking that question

gspain
30/01/2006, 1:59 PM
Spain home on June 3rd according to the News of the screws a couple of weeks back.

Schumi
30/01/2006, 2:00 PM
Is there a game against Holland at some stage too?

OwlsFan
30/01/2006, 2:03 PM
i heard we have lined up a friendly at home to spain. dont know when it is. its not on the fai website.

Yes, nothing about a SPanish friendly but there is a friendly against Holland on the website:

Senior Friendlies:
Wednesday, March 1, 2006
Rep. of Ireland v Sweden,
Lansdowne Road

Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Rep. of Ireland v Netherlands,
Lansdowne Road.

Den Perry
30/01/2006, 3:13 PM
Yes, nothing about a SPanish friendly but there is a friendly against Holland on the website:

Senior Friendlies:
Wednesday, March 1, 2006
Rep. of Ireland v Sweden,
Lansdowne Road

Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Rep. of Ireland v Netherlands,
Lansdowne Road.

Will you pass that info on to Bobby in case he won't be talking to Staunton before then?

NeilMcD
30/01/2006, 3:32 PM
I would love an away frienly in June to be honest. Purely from a travelling point of you.

OwlsFan
30/01/2006, 4:25 PM
Will you pass that info on to Bobby in case he won't be talking to Staunton before then?

Will do :D Not sure if Bobby knows how to surf the net at his age.