PDA

View Full Version : 2007 season and the FAI

Seagull
28/01/2006, 8:20 PM
It seems there will be no promotion/ relegation at the end of this season (2006). Instead, the FAI will keep the two tier structure but clubs will be in the Premier based on criteria such as facilities, support levels and potential to attract investment. So, would Wanderers be among the elite based on those criteria? I think we fall down on all three...

superfrank
29/01/2006, 11:47 AM
Whether we don't have large support or good facilities, I do think we could attract investment and surely of all the league clubs in the land we have one of the soundest financial footings.

People complain about us not signing players well I'll tell you I'd rather see us staying in the Premier then have us going the way of Rovers due to overspending.

Poor Student
29/01/2006, 8:52 PM
There's also the possible geogrpahical thing. Do the powers that be see you as one of Ireland's biggest towns or another Dublin club not wanted?

superfrank
30/01/2006, 3:16 PM
There's also the possible geogrpahical thing. Do the powers that be see you as one of Ireland's biggest towns or another Dublin club not wanted?
We are the only WICKLOW team. You Dubs just don't get it, do you?

Bray is, correct me if I'm wrong, the 7th biggest town, population-wise, in the Republic.

Roo69
30/01/2006, 3:55 PM
We are the only WICKLOW team. You Dubs just don't get it, do you?

Bray is, correct me if I'm wrong, the 7th biggest town, population-wise, in the Republic.

Pitty it did'nt show in our support !

Bray Head
30/01/2006, 6:23 PM
We may fall down on some of these but are still way ahead of a lot of other clubs in the way the club is structured. I'm sure we would make the top 12 in the country which would guarantee a premier place. Maybe I'm taking it up wrong but I think the top two in the First division will only get promoted to the premier division if their criteria is better that the bottom two in the premier division - something like they do in Scotland where you can't play in the premier division if your ground is not up to standard.

higgins
30/01/2006, 8:45 PM
The new league will be 10 teams Id say...

If any of the 10 teams fail to make the grade then 1st in the First Division will be looked at then 2nd in the First Division and then 11th and 12th from the premier.

Grasshopper 99
31/01/2006, 8:11 AM
well if we get the ground and everything sorted out, with players and behind the scenes, we should stay up. But we shouldnt have too depend on that to stay up.