PDA

View Full Version : PR Campaign

Tails
28/01/2006, 4:41 PM
Hi,
I am currently studying the Diploma in Public Relations and as part of the course I have to write a 12 month PR campaign on a organisation of my choice. Being a wanderers fan I decided to choose the club. I have to/look like I have carried out research into the clubs publics (PR Jargon:rolleyes:). This is where you guys come in, basically,

Does the club keep supporters up-to-date on matters such as new players, ground improvements etc?

Does the club listen to supporters and take on board their opinions?

Does the club market itself well in the community? (if not any ideas/suggestions)

Do the players visit schools/hospitals?
Any other comments are greatly appreciated. Feel free to bitch and rant.

Cheers

Grasshopper 99
30/01/2006, 10:29 AM
The club dont really do much talking to the supporters about any thing.
They dont really listen to our opinions, but it depends on what is being talked about.
At times the junior supporters bring some of the players to local primary and secondary schools

Roo69
30/01/2006, 11:33 AM
Does the club keep supporters up-to-date on matters such as new players, ground improvements etc?

Does the club listen to supporters and take on board their opinions?

Does the club market itself well in the community? (if not any ideas/suggestions)

Do the players visit schools/hospitals?
Any other comments are greatly appreciated. Feel free to bitch and rant.

Personally speaking from someone who is a fan and works for the club.....

The club keeps us up-to-date with anything fanbs need to know via the offical and supporters web sites. Also through the Bray People.

The club will listen to supporters, wether this be direct from the person or via message boards like this.

Marketing the club is a very hard thing to do, especially with virtually no marketing budget. This is an area every club in the eL needs to focus on a bit more.

Yes players visit all the primary schools and some secondary school areound the area. This will involve free season tickets, training camps etc...

Bray Head
30/01/2006, 6:17 PM
The club do sometimes consult with the fans but not very often. They did a survey at one of the matches among the supporters a few years ago to vote for Friday night or Sunday afternoon matches at the Carlisle. Like any other club all the info you want is available through the clubs web site - that's where you will find anything first or through the Bray People which gives plenty of coverage of matches and club activities.

Stevo Da Gull
31/01/2006, 10:45 PM
I think the club is approachable in terme of queries and opinions, you can drop in with an opinion or question to them.

As far as marketing goes the club does well for their budget, posters around the town advertising home matches and (I think) also try stuff with schools.
Also there are training camps every summer and I believe they are a big hit(these training camps are also advertised by posters around te place and visiting schools).

And I also remember getting a leaflet in my letterbox a few years ago ahead of a game with Derry, there was Jason Byrne on one side and David Kelly (i think) on the other and they were trying to sell the game like this- i think thats the only time that was tried ( coincidentaly I think that was the last home game I missed, when did we draw 3-3 or something with Derry?, i think thats the one:confused: )

BrAyCMilan
14/02/2006, 4:28 PM
if you are the fan you claim to be then you should know the answers to your questions and the PR campaign shuld be a doddle!!!

Tails
21/02/2006, 11:29 AM
Yes I am a fan and I can guarantee you I have to travel a lot further to attend home matches than most supporters. Sure I could base any ideas/objectives/campaign on my views of the club but that would be a bit myopic of me to say the very least. If I am to have any worthwhile proposals they should be based on what other people feel and how they view the club.
Should be a doddle?? Well if you have any suggestions on how to market the club and get publicity with a very small budget feel free to post your ideas here. I am all ears....

CollegeTillIDie
25/02/2006, 5:18 PM
Speaking as an outsider who is familiar with the club a number of people on the current committee are former members of the committee of the Supporters club and I would surmise from that there must be some communication taking place between those two arms of Bray Wanderers F.C.