PDA

View Full Version : Away Ticket Problems

gspain
27/01/2006, 2:43 PM
This could be a tough group too for tickets.

Czech Republic - 20,000 Toyota arena is thier biggest stadium. We could fill that on our own. 2,000 tickets is all they have to give us and the world and his mother will want to go on the beer in Prague. Good thing is that they are not that fanatical about supporting their team and we'll pick up a lot of home tickets.

Germany. - depends on the venue but even 60,000 in Munich will mean a scramble. They get good crowds so many disappointed fans. We'll grab some of the home tickets too but still tough.

Slovakia - 30,000 all seater - not as attractive although I believe Bratislava is lovely. Poor home support so no issues here

Wales - sellout - we'll get 8,000 - not enough by any means.

Cyprus - no problem - they might improve on their 300 fans if Greece aren't live on tv.

San Marino - assume Bologna then no problem all away fans like Cyprus.

Looks like a lottery among the block bookers and difficult for non block bookers to travel to the big games.

Obviously early days yet and no fixture schedule and I am assuming all games are competitive right to the end of the campaign.

gspain
27/01/2006, 2:53 PM
Actually San Marino seem to be playing all their games now in Serravalle with just 2,210 seats. They got 4,000 for scotland though in 2000.:confused:

NeilMcD
27/01/2006, 3:13 PM
Does the Sadium in Dortmund now hold 70,000

Karlos
27/01/2006, 3:18 PM
66,000 according to FIFA for the World Cup - might be reduced due to extra media etc....:confused:

goes up to 83,000 when terrace is in use as far as I know.....

stickyjoe
27/01/2006, 3:20 PM
Agree with you Gary, going to be big problems with tickets. Patricularly Cardiff, Wales will sell out and theres no way 7,200 tickets will be enough demand.

Could be another Basle `03 with many left in the pubs to watch it. Prague might not be a problem if we play them early in the campaign as their support might be even more fickle.

Who will be the first opponents in Croker.....?

mypost
29/01/2006, 5:44 AM
This could be a tough group too for tickets.

Germany. - depends on the venue but even 60,000 in Munich will mean a scramble. They get good crowds so many disappointed fans. We'll grab some of the home tickets too but still tough.

If we play in Munich, our official ticket allocation at the awesome Allianz Arena will be 6,600. However, there will be several thousand more than that, if the Germans aren't too fussed over segregation, as the French weren't in Paris.

Paulie
30/01/2006, 11:13 AM
Is anyone able to give an educated guess as to which venue Germany will play the game in? I reckon that, in terms of the amount of fans travelling, that this could be another Paris so I was thinking that when the dates for all the games are finalised next week I'll just book a flight into central Germany (maybe Frankfurt) and get a train to the city where the game is on. I was trying to see if I could find out where they have played previous qualifiers but their website only appears to give inf. about either WC 2006 or previous tournaments as opposed to the qualifying games. I don't think the friendlies they have been playing ove the last couple of years will give any kind of indication as to where they would choose to play competitive qualifying games. Any ideas?

Kingdom
30/01/2006, 11:24 AM
Is anyone able to give an educated guess as to which venue Germany will play the game in? I reckon that, in terms of the amount of fans travelling, that this could be another Paris so I was thinking that when the dates for all the games are finalised next week I'll just book a flight into central Germany (maybe Frankfurt) and get a train to the city where the game is on. I was trying to see if I could find out where they have played previous qualifiers but there website only appears to give inf. about either WC 2006 or previous tournaments as opposed to the qualifying games. Any ideas?

Yeah keep yer trap shut!:D No coincidence that when people start opening their gobs about where they'll fly to to avail of the cheap flights that Ryanair hikes the prices up. Only kidding.

gspain
30/01/2006, 11:53 AM
Is anyone able to give an educated guess as to which venue Germany will play the game in? I reckon that, in terms of the amount of fans travelling, that this could be another Paris so I was thinking that when the dates for all the games are finalised next week I'll just book a flight into central Germany (maybe Frankfurt) and get a train to the city where the game is on. I was trying to see if I could find out where they have played previous qualifiers but there website only appears to give inf. about either WC 2006 or previous tournaments as opposed to the qualifying games. I don't think the friendlies they have been playing ove the last couple of years will give any kind of indication as to where they would choose to play competitive qualifying games. Any ideas?

The Germans move around a lot so Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg, Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen, Munich and Stuttgart are all possibilities having hosted qualifiers in recent years. you can throw in a few other WC venues too.

It won't be another Paris from a ticket perspective. The Germans will follow their team so it will be scramble for tickets but no doubt we'll grab a few in the home end as well.

Schumi
30/01/2006, 1:48 PM
Hope it's in Berlin. Lovely city.

yablazer
03/02/2006, 12:08 AM
Id love it to be in Dortmund. Have always wanted to get to a game there, the stadium is bleedin amazin lookin. got the steepest stants iv ever seen, its huge and generates a massive amount of noise im told.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/photos/stadium/dor.html

oh baby

NeilMcD
03/02/2006, 9:12 AM
Yeah A mate of mine goes to every Scotland game home and away over the last 10 years and he says that the Dortmund was the most impressive stadium and best for holding the noise in it.

Forever Dreamin
03/02/2006, 3:56 PM
dont give a s*** where the german game is as long as they let us know the venue quick. Hopefully theyll have a bad world cup and the tickets will be easier to get, if they win the thing itll be near impossible to get tickets in the German end and the FAi could sell out their allocation 3 times over, could easily get 20,000 travelling ...

Ozymandias
07/02/2006, 10:23 AM
it'll be like basel in 03...huge Irish support..more in the pubs watching the game than in the ground.....at least this campaign gives us some great venues trips to visit and all near enough with the exception of cyprus which will be a week away again