PDA

View Full Version : What night should we play on?

sligoman
26/01/2006, 4:55 PM
There's a voting thing in the Champion where you have to pick what night Rovers should play home games on, Friday or Saturday. Definitely Saturday for me, what do you think?

roversforever
26/01/2006, 5:11 PM
definately saturday.i have to work on friday nights.

akearins
27/01/2006, 10:06 AM
Saturday si definitely the nights to play for very good reason:

People finishing work on a Friday at 6 may find it hard to get to games.
People on factory splits would miss games (and we have a lot of these fans)
I met quite afew lads who traveled over for wekend for games last season, they would miss out.
Lads who may be heading for few scoops Saturday night tie in the game (get to get out earlier - meeting for a pint before the match).
Travelling away fans will bring larger numbers on Satuirday nights...

Better crowds on a Saturday night.......

Lets stick with saturday nights

gustavo
27/01/2006, 10:48 AM
i suppose they are all good reasons it makes sense for the dublin teams to have theirs on a friday night cos not many of their fans will have to do much traveling to get to their teams home games . saturday night is a great tradition with us now

garykelly
27/01/2006, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure why this issue has come up in the first place. We are one of very few teams who have not change our regular kick-off times since 93/94. The tradition now is to watch Sligo Rovers on Saturdays at 7.30pm. I would not like to see a change to this. Friday night will not benefit the club. If we changed to fridays, we wouldnt be long changing it back to saturdays. The only benefit to fridays would be to our opposition (most of whom play fridays) and why should we give them any more help (as if they need it)

If it's not broke - dont fix it.

Hulsey
27/01/2006, 11:34 AM
More chance of getting a better away crowd on a Saturday, as a friday trip up to the Showgronds for us would see bout 15-25 (:o )turning up due to having to mitch off work/school etc. Might double that figure or more for the saturday:rolleyes: .

The Stars
27/01/2006, 1:57 PM
ya staurday seems better for the above 2 reasons

red_away
27/01/2006, 3:18 PM
Saturdays - I would never get to see the BOR if its a friday!

red arrow
27/01/2006, 7:53 PM
saturday night for me also. ithink the club should take serious consideration of the opinions of people who post to this board cause most are the real supporters. anybody agree.im a bit concerned that they are using the traditional route of "the champion" a lot of people use the net for info and to express their thoughts i think a poll shouild be started here and the vote past onto the club

sligoman
27/01/2006, 7:58 PM
i think a poll shouild be started hereEh, see the little thing up the top there?:p :D.

red metal
27/01/2006, 9:53 PM
Saturday night! No work Saturday a few pints down town first. Then the game!Perfect saturday

Da Real Rover
28/01/2006, 11:34 AM
Its gotta be saturday, defo.

roversforever
28/01/2006, 2:38 PM
why is ccfc girl voting on our poll?i presume she's with cork city.i want as little as possible voting for friday nights!i think her vote should not be counted.

sligoman
28/01/2006, 6:45 PM
why is ccfc girl voting on our poll?i presume she's with cork city.i want as little as possible voting for friday nights!i think her vote should not be counted.Well a UCD fan voted for Saturday night so take his vote away too:p.

Redtop
01/02/2006, 6:05 PM
saturday nights definitly

feo123
01/02/2006, 10:05 PM
Think we can safely say at this stage that we should all keep saturday nights free!!!

Red Soldier
03/02/2006, 1:04 PM
Saturdays seem to be workin well,ie.large crowds,why mess with a winning formula,if it aint broke dont fix it.

pete
03/02/2006, 2:06 PM
Disappointed to see ye favour saturday as the Premier division is great when all 6 matches are on the same friday night which was rare enough last season.

Saturday obviously good for away fans but it really should be friday for Premier, saturday for 1st division.

sligoman
03/02/2006, 2:07 PM
it really should be friday for Premier, saturday for 1st division.Why?:confused: Just cos most others do, we should comply is it?

SRFC Head
03/02/2006, 2:35 PM
There are plenty of people on shift work and would miss alot of matches and there are plenty of ex-pats like myself who wouldn't make it home on a Friday.

Best revenue oppurtunity is on a Sat, and we should reap alot of away fans, coming into town for a weekend, local business would have an increase, which I hope they appreciate and plow some cash back into the bit o red.

SligoBrewer
04/02/2006, 9:26 PM
saturday night is lucky for us.
for example when we changed in 94.

the atmosphere on saturday nights would be electric if all clubs played on it.

Home Fans chanting against Away Fans especially because of the higher fan base in the premier

pete
05/02/2006, 12:16 PM
Not really Pete it should be down to which night not is best and most suitable for each Club !

I know that but even if not at games & have chance to listen to RTE1 on fridays is much better when more games to report on.

Rovers1
05/02/2006, 12:19 PM
saturday defo

gustavo
05/02/2006, 5:02 PM
thats wrong rogue trader as oceans online service only picks up the donegal end of things :(

sligoman
05/02/2006, 5:04 PM
thats wrong rogue trader as oceans online service only picks up the donegal end of things :(For the moment anyway....they're still waiting on broadband to be installed in their Sligo studio:rolleyes:.

1 9 2 8
07/02/2006, 5:50 PM
For the moment anyway....they're still waiting on broadband to be installed in their Sligo studio:rolleyes:.
Our home games this season will be live on the net

Rovers1
07/02/2006, 6:14 PM
aye saturday,too much **** on a friday evening