PDA

View Full Version : Terry Masterson

Hulsey
26/01/2006, 10:10 AM
Bray have signed ex Millwall youth Terry Masterson who's a 19 year old former youth international (under 17s) keeper. Anyone know anything else about him?

Grasshopper 99
26/01/2006, 10:19 AM
Never heard of him, is he any good??

BrayZil
26/01/2006, 11:31 AM
Don't know anything about him myself. But we are in need of a good keeper badly.

Roo69
26/01/2006, 6:55 PM
Don't know anything about him myself. But we are in need of a good keeper badly.

Was playing regular reserve team football with Millwall until a fall out with the manager. Reserve keeper to Darren Randloph in the Irish set up. Still very young. I reckon he'll be our number 2 keeper but hopefully he can really push skippy, competition for places etc....

Grasshopper 99
30/01/2006, 10:25 AM
I reckon, unless he is amazing, devo wont give him a chance, unless skip gets injured

Hulsey
30/01/2006, 11:50 AM
Could very well be another Patrick Hannigan situation of not getting a chance untill a game where a result is meaningless. Could see him getting a senior game in the League Cup if the give the reserves a runout mentality provailes again.

superfrank
30/01/2006, 3:19 PM
Could very well be another Patrick Hannigan situation of not getting a chance untill a game where a result is meaningless. Could see him getting a senior game in the League Cup if the give the reserves a runout mentality provailes again.
The thing about Pat was that when he came in he hardly outshone Skippy. Yeah, he saved a peno against Bohs but he didn't keep a clean sheet in his two appearances. Therefore, even with a different keeper we still leak goals.

Grasshopper 99
31/01/2006, 8:08 AM
But does too matchs he played we also won.

Hulsey
31/01/2006, 1:22 PM
The thing about Pat was that when he came in he hardly outshone Skippy. Yeah, he saved a peno against Bohs but he didn't keep a clean sheet in his two appearances. Therefore, even with a different keeper we still leak goals.
He was thrown in at the deep end against Bohs with the hostile antics that some of there fans go on with and could hardly be blamed for the goal we conceided, and only conceided two no one could have done anything about up at Harps. Read in the metro on the train this morning Devo saying that Robbie Doyle (obviously) & Masterson will improve the squad greatly, so maybe Masterson could do a job for the first team.

Stevo Da Gull
31/01/2006, 10:49 PM
I'd say Skip will stay no1, at this point he's our established number 1 and its up to others to wait for their chance and take it, hopefully performing well in the U-21's in the mean time, if they do really well here then there is a case for a first team chance.

Grasshopper 99
06/02/2006, 12:14 PM
unless skip gets injured, he wont be given a chance