PDA

View Full Version : New ‘Super Reds’ scheme

sligoman
25/01/2006, 7:17 PM
An innovative scheme that aims to attract a new generation of Sligo Rovers fans has been re-launched.
The ‘Super Reds’ will cater for children (boys and girls) up to 12 years of age and will offer members a t-shirt, the chance to be a mascot for home games and coaching sessions/open days with first-team players.
Strict regulations mean that unaccompanied children will not be admitted to The Showgrounds in the coming season. Children that are accompanied by an adult will be charged e5 to gain admittance.
Joining the ‘Super Reds’, however, allows children to attend as many home games as they like for annual subscription of e40 (there are special family deals available).
Each ‘Super Red’ will be presented with a membership card for the 2006 season.
For registration purposes, Sligo Rovers are holding two open days specifically for ‘Super Reds’ at The Showgrounds in the coming weeks. The first of these is scheduled for Saturday, February 11 (12-2pm).
“The kids who join the ‘Super Reds’ will go to be the loyal supporters of the future,” said the organiser of this scheme, Belfast native Dermot Brannigan.
“We want to make them feel like part of the club and get them and their parents involved.”

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story.asp?j=26408

Good to see this back, it should be a nice little earner for the club.

The Stars
25/01/2006, 7:28 PM
Sign me up.....

sligoman
25/01/2006, 7:40 PM
Sign me up.....Ah, those were the days:cool: :o.

The Stars
25/01/2006, 8:18 PM
ya,still have my membership card somewhere.....i was 7 in it i think....Nicky Brougos:"little ripple"-that means give him an applause.

Red4Eva
25/01/2006, 8:46 PM
one of my mates was the 1st ever member of super reds back in the day. what an honour!

fair play to dermot brannigan&whoever else is invloved. ever inititaive to get ppl thru da gates helps

sligoman
25/01/2006, 9:05 PM
ya,still have my membership card somewhere.....i was 7 in it i thinkI've mine too, age 6 I was:cool: :D.

gustavo
25/01/2006, 9:13 PM
seems to have done the trick alright cos a good few of ye that were in it are still fans.

Soper
25/01/2006, 9:29 PM
Haha, I miss being in the Super Reds, I was about 6 or 7 when I was in it too

It was a great scheme, however I seem to recall it kind of just fizzled out at the tail end of the last venture.

Edit - I found my card, I got my dates mixed up! I was 7/8 when it started...it started 94/95 season I believe

The Stars
25/01/2006, 9:48 PM
how were you only 6 sligoman?
just found Pa's card and he was 7 on it and he is now 16.....and getting older.

sligoman
25/01/2006, 10:14 PM
how were you only 6 sligoman?
just found Pa's card and he was 7 on it and he is now 16.....and getting older.Yes I was and eh, Pa?:confused:.

Rory H
26/01/2006, 9:34 AM
i still have mine

aged 7

ill use it for envy saturday;)

feo123
27/01/2006, 11:47 PM
ya,still have my membership card somewhere.....i was 7 in it i think....Nicky Brougos:"little ripple"-that means give him an applause.
ah, i remember him sayin that the whole time!:D :D

Red4Eva
28/01/2006, 3:45 PM
i can't remember what dates they are on but there's gonna be two open days to launch super reds. there was another date set but sc&some of the players wanted to be there for the open day so it was re-scheduled. parents&kids can come along and get pics with players, manager&trophy. conor o'grady was a super red back in the day&he is very keen to be there for the open days.

sligoman
28/01/2006, 6:50 PM
i can't remember what dates they are on but there's gonna be two open days to launch super reds. there was another date set but sc&some of the players wanted to be there for the open day so it was re-scheduled.Did you read my post at all?:confused:.

For registration purposes, Sligo Rovers are holding two open days specifically for ‘Super Reds’at The Showgrounds in the coming weeks. The first of these is scheduled for Saturday, February 11 (12-2pm).

Red4Eva
28/01/2006, 8:18 PM
Did you read my post at all?:confused:.

i tend not to ;) but only posted this cos the dates have been changed&stuff about o'grady

sligoman
03/02/2006, 7:39 PM
From the Sligo Champion:

SLIGO Rovers are reviving the 'Super Reds' scheme for boys and girls aged 12 and under.

The scheme, last in existence at the Showgrounds over a decade ago and which featured Conor O'Grady as a one-time member, is designed to get youngsters involved with their local club, while at the same time offering a number of benefits to members.

Two 'open days' are planned at Smyth’s Toy Store, Cleveragh Retail Park, to accept membership and outline details of how to join, with manager Sean Connor and a number of the players in attendance on February 5th and February 12th next.

The cost is €40 per child, but if there are two children from the same family joining the fee is €70 and €90 for three children. Other discounts are available for increased numbers from the same family.

Children wishing to join the 'Super Reds' on either of the open days must be accompanied by an adult and bring a copy of their birth certificate with them.

A photo id card will be issued subsequently and this must be produced at each home league game for free admittance to 'Super Red' members.

To comply with F.A.I. regulations children must be accompanied to games by an adult. Rovers have no discretion in this matter and children will not be admitted unaccompanied.

The ball boys and ball girls on duty at home matches will be selected solely from the 'Super Reds' members throughout the season.

Discounts will also be available for coaching sessions on Rovers all-weather pitch and a few other surprises are planned.

"This is a scheme designed to get young supporters involved with the club. Membership will be open for most of the season and we would hope to see as many children as possible joining the 'Super Reds', " explained organiser, Dermot Brannigan.

Dermot can be contacted at 087-6172295 for further details.

The Stars
03/02/2006, 9:53 PM
Smyths isnt in Carroroe,Its in Cleveragh

sligoman
03/02/2006, 9:56 PM
Smyths isnt in Carroroe,Its in Cleveraghjust noticed that now:D, I'll edit it, but don't blame me, it's taken from the Champion...

hamish
03/02/2006, 9:57 PM
Great idea lads and best of success with it. I still have my Town Supporters club card from 1968.:eek: 6p (old pence from the pre-punts days too).

Hope it's a great success.:)