PDA

View Full Version : Paul Donnelly

Breifne
25/01/2006, 1:33 AM
Where is he going this year, as Pats have released him, always struck me as a solid enough player, would be more than capable of doing a job for any premier division side outside the top two or three.

A face
25/01/2006, 1:39 AM
He is on the list (http://www.pfai.ie/index.php?mod=one&id=14651&PHPSESSID=87722f656ed1592f9ed5f75bd1c82291) anyway !!

joema
15/02/2006, 8:46 PM
He is on trial with Kilkeny City at the moment
Is he any good?
Where does he play?

pete
15/02/2006, 9:05 PM
Also on the list...

Stephen McGuinness Defender 32 Dundalk

I thought he was released last year? Did he even play last season? Surely not abusing his position on the PFAI? I alwasy thought if was funny the way he put himself into 1st eleven teams in the PFAI/Daily Mirror season preview mag when he was past his prime at Rovers & definitely not first teamer ;)

joema
15/02/2006, 9:21 PM
Got that mixed up. Paul Donnely has actually signed for us
btw Robbie McGuiness is on trial with us - is he any good?

TonyD
16/02/2006, 10:02 PM
I always liked Robbie Mac as a player. He looked like he was going to get his chance in the Pats 1st team when Eamonn Collins took over. Was in the starting midfield for the first couple of games but then faded away. Should do a good job in the first Division.

Roo69
17/02/2006, 11:00 PM
Got that mixed up. Paul Donnely has actually signed for us
btw Robbie McGuiness is on trial with us - is he any good?

McGuiness was with us for the past few seasons, good player but was injured for quite some time when with us, but any time he was fit to play he always did a good job. He would be excellent for Kilkenny City but he was in the Bray People last week saying that he was only traing with them because he knew the manager and that they were training only up the road from were he lived. Can't see him signing for you being honest, but ya never know......

joema
17/02/2006, 11:29 PM
McGuiness was with us for the past few seasons, good player but was injured for quite some time when with us, but any time he was fit to play he always did a good job. He would be excellent for Kilkenny City but he was in the Bray People last week saying that he was only traing with them because he knew the manager and that they were training only up the road from were he lived. Can't see him signing for you being honest, but ya never know......

OK thanks for that Roo
According to the local paper here in Kilkenny he is on trial with us - but your probobly right - we dont really tend to trial players anyway