PDA

View Full Version : Jerseys

Grasshopper 99
24/01/2006, 10:40 AM
Is it just me but does any one else feel embarrased that we are the only Premier League club that dont have jerseys on sale to the public???:o
The club are losing out on lots of money, which can be spent on new signings and the redevelopement of the ground and the redevelopement of the ground is also badly needed.:o
It also looks bad when we go to away matches, wearing jerseys that are 4+ years old and the jersey everyone wears is the green and white strip NTL jersey, which when we got it we finished fourth in the league. (picture at the bottom)
How no one in the club are looking at this loss of possible great revenue, is beyond me.:mad:

AustinoAsprilla
24/01/2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it is really embarrassing for any club to not have their jerseys on sale. It's probably the easiest way to get money from supporters without the club having to put much in. The profit margin alone should be reason enough let alone the subject of pride etc or what the image of large groups of people wearing the same colours at a match does for the atmosphere.

Grasshopper 99
24/01/2006, 10:48 AM
We all wear the same colours just that their falling apart now. We have had them so long

AustinoAsprilla
24/01/2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, you're right... The money that could have been made from supporters like youself with the jerseys that you would have bought over the last few years would have gone nicely in the stadium kitty for sure. Have the club ever said anything about the non sale of jerseys recently?

Hulsey
24/01/2006, 12:17 PM
We all wear the same colours just that their falling apart now. We have had them so long
At least you have a green and white one! I've only got the navy and red away NTL one and the Training top thing. The whole situation is a load of blolocks! Should never have been allowed to get to this stage. The sooner we pick up a new sponsor the better as they'll insist on the sale of replicas. Should have made a big effort this winter after a successfull season, with the comfortable 7th finish and a cup semi. Would have thought there would have been a fair amount of companies who would take it on if the price was right. Something like Dell would have been ideal. :mad:

BrayZil
24/01/2006, 1:40 PM
The jerseys thing is very frustrating. It does look crap when everyone is wearing jerseys out of date. I know for a fact it's being looked into at the moment. Things are in progress and it looks like there will definitely be jerseys on sale at the start of the season. I'm sure this will be confirmed officially over the next month or so.

Cabinteelygull
24/01/2006, 3:50 PM
Myself and friend went into the club shop 2 seasons ago when we were in the first division during half time against Athlone Town and had our names taken and told it would be 2 weeks at most to get them in. I have been told the same thing 7 times since then, not having them is one thing but lying about it is just plain bent.

Grasshopper 99
25/01/2006, 8:32 AM
Ah well thats the club for you, forgetting about the people who go to matches and keeping them going.