PDA

View Full Version : Ken Kiely

LFC in Exile
24/01/2006, 8:41 AM
Taken from Cobh's website:

Ken Kiely - Defender

Ken played cross channel with both Wolves and Kidderminster Harriers.

Came back to Ireland last year and linked up with Waterford. Left the blues during the close season and was out of football for a brief time before opting to join Ramblers. Made a scoring debut against Dundalk in late April.

--------------

Think he is a centre half which means we have Paddy, Brian Buckley, Finny and now Ken Kiely fighting for that position. Puts it up to Finny to decide what he will do (or I suppose puts it up to Mike Kerley to find money to buy him I should say).

superhero
24/01/2006, 9:04 AM
Paul Finucane is not going anywhere

declan hide
24/01/2006, 9:43 AM
didnt kiely score the winner against us opening day last season in the 3-2 defeat?

razor
25/01/2006, 2:09 PM
Taken from Cobh's website:

Ken Kiely - Defender

Ken played cross channel with both Wolves and Kidderminster Harriers.

Came back to Ireland last year and linked up with Waterford. Left the blues during the close season and was out of football for a brief time before opting to join Ramblers. Made a scoring debut against Dundalk in late April.
I could be wrong but that description sounds more like Ken Coleman than Ken Kiely.

bluemovie
25/01/2006, 5:16 PM
Yeah that is Kenny Coleman. He was with us in 2004, did very well at right back, but moved on. I think he played in midfield sometimes for Cobh last year.

Comic Book Guy
25/01/2006, 5:42 PM
No, to clear up the confusion, you guys have signed Ken Kiely, blue movie is correct in his description of Kenny Coleman who is still playing with us.

LFC in Exile
26/01/2006, 3:04 PM
Well, don't blame me - I wasn't confused - whoever does the Ramblers website is confused. http://www.cobhramblers.com/team2.htm

Coleman and Kiely are identical here - is it a case of the first siamese centre halves? :)

nismo
26/01/2006, 4:14 PM
kiely seems to be afraid to put his foot in so spent most of our season on the bench.