PDA

View Full Version : Give Linfield the title now, says Quinn

A face
24/01/2006, 3:00 AM
Give Linfield the title now, says Quinn

Marty Quinn has become the first manager to officially surrender the Irish Premier League title to Linfield. And despite now being just four points clear of a dreaded promotion/relegation play-off, Quinn insists his team will stay up.

The Coleraine manager saw his team fight all the way against the leaders on Saturday before becoming another statistic in Linfield's amazing season-long unbeaten run.

Read more at www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/story.jsp?story=676755)

blueman1886
24/01/2006, 9:10 AM
Saturday was probly the hardest match Linfield has faced all season, Coleraine said they were going out all to end our unbeaten run, they certainly made it hard and defended with 10 men for most of the game and also the terrible pitch which the game was played on made conditions difficult, but people saw a different side of Linfields game this week, the boys dug in and fought to the end and eventully got what they deserved, well done to the Coleraine fans who turned out in ther numbers and to the hoards of bluemen who always turn out in their numbers :D the atmosphere was fantastic.

Thunderblaster
24/01/2006, 6:14 PM
With Linfield's record this season, I think that the only ways they would concede the title would be going bankrupt. They are head and shoulders above everybody. Could be the favourites for the Sentanta Cup.

Raheny Red
25/01/2006, 10:12 AM
Yeh, they should be looking at the final, I'm not looking forward coming against them! Ferguson has 33 goals so far this season so we weill have to keep an eye on him and Thompson!

dcfcsteve
25/01/2006, 11:24 AM
The Irish League is as good as over for this season. I'm surprised that the Glens are falling away so badly at this part of the season.

It'll be tough having to face both Linfield and Shels in the Setanta. The first game on the 20th will tell us a lot about who's likely to go through from that group.

Gerrit
25/01/2006, 5:55 PM
It will either be an EL side or Linfield that wins the Setanta. The other northern teams don't have a fair chance I'm afraid, the hopes of our domestic football are on Linfield's shoulders.

Saying that the IL is over? Nah, the race for the UEFA ticket and for staying in the Premier division is still exciting. Ards stayed at 0 points for a long time but is still far from a sure relegator. Larne will have it very hard to stay up.

This weekend it's Linfield vs Cliftonville. With CFC's form that dropped (after a very good first couple of months) it will be another 3 points for Linfield.

Going bankrupt?? LFC will quite likely go professional as only club in Northern Ireland. Not even the slightest chance they'll get in financial troubles (well, no drastical ones like Coleraine anyway)