PDA

View Full Version : Alan Gough? - Has signed on a 3 year contract

Colm
20/05/2002, 4:20 PM
I heard that Alan Gough has signed for Derry as a replacment for Russel Payne, can anyone confirm this?

James
20/05/2002, 4:38 PM
from a derry city press release sent round to their mailing list
*take note CCFC

We are pleased to announce to our fans that ex-Glentoran and Shelbourne goalkeeper Alan Gough has signed a 3 year contract with Derry City.

This is the reward for several weeks of intense negotiation on the parts of our manager and board.

We feel that Alan is one of the very few keepers in Ireland capable of filling the boots of the now departed Russell Payne.

The fact that this will be the first year in the last 10 that Alan will not be playing in European competition only emphasises the faith he has in the progress made by Derry City in recent seasons.

We will continue to keep you,the fans, the heart and soul of Derry City informed on any further developments.

Jim Roddy.
Kevin Mahon.
Michael Burns.

James
20/05/2002, 4:43 PM
Glentoran goalkeeper Alan Gough has claimed a personality clash with Roy Coyle led to his decision to quit the Oval club for Derry City.

Gough confirmed to the BBC on Saturday that he had decided to move to the Brandywell.

However, Gough insisted that he would be earning less money at Derry adding that he had left the club because of the "attitude" of Glentoran boss Roy Coyle.

"It's been down to the manager. He hasn't spoken to me for the last six weeks," claimed Gough.

"I've had no communication from him whatsoever in that period.

from bbc - website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/northern_ireland/newsid_1995000/1995855.stm)

pete
20/05/2002, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by James
We will continue to keep you,the fans, the heart and soul of Derry City informed on any further developments.
[/B]

Jeez i must be nice to be appreciated. No doubt CCFC will to try have this sort of behaviour banned at eL level in case the other city fans hear about it.....

:rolleyes: