PDA

View Full Version : African Cup of Nations

REVIP
21/01/2006, 1:25 PM
Watched the last twenty minutes of Morocco-Ivory Coast.

(Eurosport have three live matches today)

Pitch looked a bit bare in places and the stadium was nearly empty.

It was very poor football - passes to the opposition, long balls to nowhere.

Morocco used to be a very sharp team.

Green Tribe
21/01/2006, 1:30 PM
mmm, was disappointed with IC, was hoping they would win comfortably, they are one of my world cup teams :mad:

The Stars
21/01/2006, 5:08 PM
tunisia would be my shout for African Nations......Eygpt were good yesterday though.

REVIP
22/01/2006, 11:28 AM
Eto'o's hat trick for Cameroon was special - the second goal, the free kick was a work of genius. The wall seemed to extend beyond the right hand upright and he still managed to bend it around the wall and into the goal.

gustavo
22/01/2006, 12:34 PM
how did that game finish? when i left it it was 2 1 to cameroon

REVIP
22/01/2006, 2:24 PM
3-1 to Cameroon - the third was a powerful strike from Eto'o from a good twenty yards

Hulsey
23/01/2006, 10:42 AM
Anyone know if theres a website I might be able to pick up some of the jerseys. They're class!

Armando
23/01/2006, 11:59 AM
check this site for a few jerseys:
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/category_list.jsp?id=72057594037931294

Hulsey
23/01/2006, 1:17 PM
:D Cheers for that Armando. :D

Thunderblaster
26/01/2006, 12:34 AM
I'm going for the Ivorians.

REVIP
26/01/2006, 9:25 PM
Tunisia look very sharp.

dos Santos is excellent up front - can create something from nothing. He should have had a goal in the first few minutes against South Africa tonight, he was a yard onside when the ball was played.

Littlest Hobo
28/01/2006, 8:00 PM
Just watched Egypt beat Ivory Coast 3-1. Did anyone else notice Hassan come on for Mido in the first half. Couldn't believe it:eek: He's 39 and been around for donkey's years. Played aginst the Ireland in Palermo during the group stages of Italia 90. Pug ugly bloke with a nasty lookin scar on the back of his head.

REVIP
29/01/2006, 1:04 PM
Just watched Egypt beat Ivory Coast 3-1. Did anyone else notice Hassan come on for Mido in the first half.

When he failed to head in the third goal, the commentator said he would claim that he deliberately headed wide to allow the other guy to score!

Ivory Coast were very disappointing for most of the match - seemed to lack any penetration without Drogba causing hassle up front.

Hulsey
06/02/2006, 11:12 AM
The Ivory Coast v Cameroon peno shootout was incredable! All 22 players scoring, that has to be a record. Felt sorry for eto'o though, probably the one person who you would have put your house on to score. The Ivory Coast players were acting like pr!cks when he missed. Anyone else notice that one of the lads (Fae I think) went straight into a cameroon players face and started screaming and punching the air. No need for that sort of sh!t hope he gets banned.

CollegeTillIDie
10/02/2006, 8:31 AM
Well today is the day of the big final Egypt v Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
and the question remains who are you up for? Some people on this form are up for the Ivory Coast.. why ? Because it's our flag backwards of course.

On the other hand as My grandad was born in Egypt I have to opt for the country I was eligible to play for . ( shame about the talent to play however I digress). I have nothing against Cote D'Ivoire apart from their kit.
I hate the colour Orange :D