PDA

View Full Version : Toilet attendants

aido_b
20/01/2006, 7:20 PM
Folks is it just me or do toilet attendants bug the hell out of anyone else? I was out in Wolves last night and in my drunken state was harrased into paying a quid for a bit of soap. The fella just wouldn't let you go unless you bought something from him.

What was even worse was what was coming out of the fellas mouth, funny I know and mods feel free to edit this is you think its a bit crude but he was shouting after everyone, "hey you smell fresh, you get fresh punani"! So loads of people heard this as you walked out back into the club. Im not easily embarressed but when you're facing a crowd of people with that being shouted at you its a bit annoying!

anyone else any views on this?

pete
21/01/2006, 6:19 PM
I think theres universal dislike for those guys. My problem is with the pub/club that has allowed him in basically to get free toilet cleaner - are they not making enough profit on the drink i'm buying?

Spudd
21/01/2006, 6:25 PM
Send cheryl tweedy into him, she should sort him out!

Maz
21/01/2006, 6:32 PM
I have to say any of the ladies in the female toilets have been lovely. I'd usually through in a euro or 2 at the start of the night and sure after that they are nearly running after me giving me tissues, lollipops........I'd never take the perfume, that stuff would kill flies.

Anyways no problems here so far

The Stars
21/01/2006, 6:35 PM
the fella that does the toilets in the gents in envy is as quite as .... and never tries to sell the stuff.......sound fella and is usually talking to some girls when you walk in...PIMP!!

Thunderblaster
22/01/2006, 5:44 PM
Seen the toilet attendants in action. The big question I would have is that if a punter went to the loo and did a crap and the punter asked the toilet attendant to clean his butt, would the attendant perform that particular duty on the punter? They are so annoying that I never deal with them. We can all wash ourselves and dry our hands; we are not incapable of looking after ourselves in the toilet.

ThatGuy
22/01/2006, 9:57 PM
Last Saturday I was in a "wine-bar" (****hole) on Leeson Street and I got harassed by one of these guys. It was about 2.30am but I was not drinking and obviously stone-cold sober. I didn't take a towel off him after washing-my hands as I didn't want to be roped into having to pay to use the toilet, and I didn't say anything to him or offend him in any way, and he followed me out into the corridor throwing abuse at me. He was a big lad don't know if he was looking for a drunken violent reaction from me so he could "sort me out".

anto1208
22/01/2006, 10:06 PM
dont wash your hands problem solved :D

but if they are aggressive tell the management ,but in fairness there just trying to make a living for them selves , i normally talk to them ask themthere name you d be surprised how friendly people can be when your not acting like a ignorant snobbish ***** ignoring them .

pete
23/01/2006, 10:21 AM
you d be surprised how friendly people can be when your not acting like a ignorant snobbish ***** ignoring them .

I don't know about you but I don't go to the bathroom to have a conversation...

Ash
23/01/2006, 10:35 AM

Dont pee on them in the first place and problem solved :D

On a more serious note, I dont agree at all with toilet attendents.
As someone else said its just pubs/clubs getting someone to clean the sh!tter
for next to nothing. From what I've seen when I lived in Dublin it's usually non
nationals/refugees trying to make a few quid but being taken advantage of by
greedy niteclub managers etc.

I remember chatting to an attendent in Club M, about 6 years ago :eek: , who
said that he actually had to provide the gel/deo etc himself and has pay was
whatever people put in the plate!

the 12 th man
23/01/2006, 10:47 AM
Crap way to earn a living.Trying to squeeze a euro out of punters who only want to have a slash and get back to their table.

Didn't we have a famous lav attendant posting on here a while back:) ;)

anto1208
23/01/2006, 11:25 AM
Dont pee on them in the first place and problem solved :D

I remember chatting to an attendent in Club M, about 6 years ago :eek: , who
said that he actually had to provide the gel/deo etc himself and has pay was
whatever people put in the plate!

ask your self this is your mickey any dirtier than the pub table chairs doors etc that you have been handling all night along with hundreds of other people coming and going over the years ! .

thats true about the toilet guys having to buy the aftershave them selves ,people in this country are really annoying me recently there is no end to the amount of people that will moan about refugee's "coming into the country and wont lift a finger and expect every thing for free" or "there coming here to rip us of with ATM skimmers or Credit card frauds "

the best one i ever heard was in a dublin cab when he proceeded to tell me they got free socks !!!! :rolleyes:

now hear is a guy so desperate to make a honest few quid that he is willing to stand in a night club toilet all night putting up with drunk irish ( probibly the most ignorant of all drunks ) and what happens people still have a go because it might cost them 1 euro in a tip for the guy ! .

I don't know about you but I don't go to the bathroom to have a conversation...

no but on the way if some one says hello do you just blank them because your on a mission to take a pee and get back to your table in record time , it does nt take much to say hello he is human with feelings and a dignity ,

if you dont want to tip him then dont thats your choice but at least be man enough about it , bet you also cross the road to avoid people collecting for charity just so you dont have to say no thanks

pete
23/01/2006, 11:35 AM
if you dont want to tip him then dont thats your choice but at least be man enough about it , bet you also cross the road to avoid people collecting for charity just so you dont have to say no thanks

That is a ludicrous association. How do you link toilet attendants with charities? I've already said i blame the pub/club & not the toilet worker. I don't blank them but i also don't tip them or start a conversation. If I was harassed by a toilet worker as someone else said i would complain to management. Those worlers have clearly choosen the job they are in as there are plenty of other service industry jobs in this country.

:rolleyes:

ThatGuy
23/01/2006, 12:07 PM

but if they are aggressive tell the management ,but in fairness there just trying to make a living for them selves , i normally talk to them ask themthere name you d be surprised how friendly people can be when your not acting like a ignorant snobbish ***** ignoring them .
Well I didn't "blank" or "ignore him" as he was never within a 3 metre radius of me until he came into the corridor to abuse me. He didn't initiate any conversation with me and I didn't initiate any conversation with him. Forgive me for using the hand-drier instead of making a detour to the other end of the toilet on the way out so that I could pay a guy for holding a paper towel.

Pauro 76
23/01/2006, 1:55 PM
not a fan of them lets just say.. Some are ok, but jeez i can wash my hands myself, can you not understand that!!!

Rory H
23/01/2006, 1:56 PM
it reminds me of my childhood

i get a lollipop if i wash my hands or give money to feed the family:rolleyes:

hamish
23/01/2006, 10:22 PM
One is shocked!!!:eek:

Surely you chaps have a butler for all such toilet arrangements??:confused:

Lord Hamish:D

aido_b
24/01/2006, 9:26 PM
One is shocked!!!:eek:

Surely you chaps have a butler for all such toilet arrangements??:confused:

Lord Hamish:D

Ah yeah hamish of course I do, good oul angel looks after all my needs!

hamish
24/01/2006, 9:45 PM
Ah yeah hamish of course I do, good oul angel looks after all my needs!

We'll drive poor old sligoman mad mentioning Angel all the time.

I meant this kind of butler aidoB/aidoM:D Scroll down a little

http://www.sirenssecrets.com/sesewabeandb.html

sligoman
24/01/2006, 10:30 PM
We'll drive poor old sligoman mad mentioning Angel all the time.For feck sake Hamish, you have aido talking about Angel now too:rolleyes: :D.

hamish
24/01/2006, 11:35 PM
For feck sake Hamish, you have aido talking about Angel now too

Only aidoB/aidoM sligoman???LOL Anyway, you can't keep her to yourself.:p

Thunderblaster
26/01/2006, 12:32 AM
One place that needs toilet attendants is Monaghan bus station. I was in it a few weeks ago and one toilet was out of order. So I went to the next and did my duty and wiped my bum. Anyways, I tried to flush the toilet and the handle was doing a 360, leaving a pile of poo and paper in the toilet, as the toilet would not flush. It was horrible!!:eek:

Gareth
26/01/2006, 10:50 AM
This drives me up the wall. Firstly I can wash and dry my own hands. I have done so for all of my adult life. When your at a gig (esp in The Village) and you are legging it to the toilet before the gig starts, you do not want some bloke gawking at you waiting to hand you a paper towel and soap. I buy the drink and I put up with the prices, the last thing I wanna do is pay to take a slash.

Its not as though you have much option either. I find it a bit embarrassing as you get help pressing the water on and applying soap. on the occassions I was "assisted" I found myself over exaggrating the washing process and drying and looking thankful for the aid as though I would have been completely lost if they where not on hand to help. I am not cheap, but I also don't see why I should automatically drop a euro in an ashtray for a paper towel and some unwanted attention?

Thunderblaster
27/01/2006, 12:35 AM
This drives me up the wall. Firstly I can wash and dry my own hands. I have done so for all of my adult life. When your at a gig (esp in The Village) and you are legging it to the toilet before the gig starts, you do not want some bloke gawking at you waiting to hand you a paper towel and soap. I buy the drink and I put up with the prices, the last thing I wanna do is pay to take a slash.

Its not as though you have much option either. I find it a bit embarrassing as you get help pressing the water on and applying soap. on the occassions I was "assisted" I found myself over exaggrating the washing process and drying and looking thankful for the aid as though I would have been completely lost if they where not on hand to help. I am not cheap, but I also don't see why I should automatically drop a euro in an ashtray for a paper towel and some unwanted attention?

Here here!!!:D

CollegeTillIDie
28/01/2006, 10:29 AM
First time I ever came across a toilet attendant in a Gents toilet was in Gare Du Nord in Paris. It was a woman too. Says I to myself " Jayziz if they had male Jacks attendants in the women's toilet's back home there'd be hell to pay!"

Pauro 76
11/02/2006, 10:07 AM
Last night was quite funny for about 5 mins. Was out in a club in London and the toilet attendants were singing 'Freshen up, you gotta freshen up' to the tune of that R+b song last year by someone or other 'Pump it up, you gotta pump it up'... amusing for a few minutes anyway!

Condex
11/02/2006, 10:57 AM
I've seen toilet attendants in some of the crumiest places, filthy places with no locks on the loo doors. I usually either don't wash my hands or he gets a pound for a lollipop.

Feel sorry for them its gotta be lousiest job going....