PDA

View Full Version : Irish National Team

grounded
19/01/2006, 11:23 PM
Hey guys,

I'm just planning the games I'm going to watch this year and also gonna go to Ireland for the match Ireland - Germany in August. Now I know thats way ahead but I could'nt stop asking myself where the Irish Ladies play their home games. Does anyone know where they usually play or does that vary from game to game?

Cheers

Rene

Raheny Red
20/01/2006, 12:48 PM
Yes, they do vary!

As far as I know they are mainly in Dublin! Are you going to take in a few eL games as well??

CollegeTillIDie
21/01/2006, 10:04 AM
Hey guys,

I'm just planning the games I'm going to watch this year and also gonna go to Ireland for the match Ireland - Germany in August. Now I know thats way ahead but I could'nt stop asking myself where the Irish Ladies play their home games. Does anyone know where they usually play or does that vary from game to game?

Cheers

Rene

The games are played in either Richmond Park, Dalymount or Tolka Park.
A lot of which depends on whichever one is made available and the FAI are now responsible for booking these venues for any international teams.
I am on the executive of the Largest Women's Soccer League in Ireland.
Check on here closer to the time as soon as I have the details I will post them on this thread.

grounded
23/01/2006, 2:55 AM
Thats great thanks alot !!!

Yes I hope to be able to see a few more games than the one that weekend depending on how long I'll stay but i'm sure i'll be there long enough to take in a few games and few more of the black stuff:D

Numero
15/02/2006, 8:07 PM
haven't heard of a women's international being played in ages. what's the story with that?

CollegeTillIDie
15/02/2006, 9:29 PM
haven't heard of a women's international being played in ages. what's the story with that?

The Senior team are playing in the Algarve Cup in March.
They have World Cup Group games in April and May.
The Under 19's have their next phase Group matches in April.

Numero
15/02/2006, 9:32 PM
Ok thanks. Just seems there are big gaps in the schedule...

rasper
16/02/2006, 12:24 AM
all ireland fixtures on www.freewebs.com/mayoladies

CollegeTillIDie
16/02/2006, 8:04 AM
Thanks for the link rasper... good website too by the way