PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden Warns America

Eire06
19/01/2006, 3:57 PM
Bin Laden's New Warning
Updated: 15:43, Thursday January 19, 2006
Osama Bin Laden has warned of new terrorist attacks inside the United States.

The warning was contained in a new audio tape reported to be from the al Qaeda leader, in which he also offers a conditional truce.

In the tape, aired on Arab TV station Al Jazeera, Bin Laden offers a truce in order to "build Iraq and Afghanistan".

"We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term.....so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan....there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars... to merchants of war," he says.

The voice on the tape said al Qaeda was willing to respond to public opinion in the US in favour of withdrawing troops from Iraq.

He said: "We have no objection to responding to this with a long term truce based on fair conditions."

He says the heightened security in the US is not the reason there have been no more attacks there since September 11, 2001.

Instead, he said it was "because there are operations that need preparations and you will see them in your houses as soon as they are complete, God willing."

It has been well over a year since the last confirmed message from Bin Laden - the longest period without a video or audiotape from the al Qaeda leader.

A US counterterrorism official said US intelligence was assessing the tape to determine its authenticity.

The offer of a long term truce comes as a bit of suprise to me!!
It could be that he is dead and some of his followers are trying to cover it up!

pete
19/01/2006, 4:10 PM
Bit of a turn up for the books alright.

Theres also no doubt Bin Laden could strike at the US again if he choose. Its impossible to stop all attacks. A strike now would only entrench americans feelings on Iraq & shift public opinion in favour of staying.

Eire06
19/01/2006, 4:17 PM
I think it is very suspicious that we have not heard from Bin Laden in over a year!! Why wait for so long?

And the 'truce' is very strange indeed -
Ya we'll call a truce till Iraq and Afghanistan are rebuilt, but we are still going to attack America...

Metrostars
19/01/2006, 6:30 PM
Full Text: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4628932.stm

However, what prompted me to speak are the repeated fallacies of your President Bush in his comment on the outcome of US opinion polls, which indicated that the overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of the forces from Iraq, but he objected to this desire and said that the withdrawal of troops would send the wrong message to the enemy.
To go back to where I started, I say that the results of the poll satisfy sane people and that Bush's objection to them is false.
However, the argument that he avoided, which is the substance of the results of opinion polls on withdrawing the troops, is that it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land and for them not to fight us on our land.

Jeez, I never knew OBL paid such close attention to opinion polls.

pete
19/01/2006, 6:51 PM
Hes clearly trying a politicial campaign.

I'm surrprised FoxNews (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182153,00.html) reports it accurately & doesn't spin it...

anto1208
19/01/2006, 10:51 PM
you have to ask your self how come they caught sadam in a matter of weeks , but have nt come close to finding osama bin laden of the bin laden family from saudi who are very good friends and bussiness partners of the bush family and pay millions apon millions into the bush family coppers ...

Risteard
20/01/2006, 10:51 AM
Yes it is indeed strange.
I'd be sceptical of whether its actually him.
He's probably worth more to them while he's at large, anto.
It wouldn't be very significant in real terms if he was already dead or if he was captured.
Imo, The idea that capturing the "leadership of al-Qaeda" will bring an end to anti-American/Zionist militia is ridiculous really.
How about a two-state peace in Israel/Palestine and withdrawal of troops instead please?

hamish
20/01/2006, 4:21 PM
Ever notice that whenever the Bushies are under pressure, an Osama Bin Forgotten audio or video tape pops up??? Remember his tape just before the November election last year which the Rethuglians used widely to remind Americans how much Shrub and co. was protecting them.:rolleyes:

As I noted above......:rolleyes:
From Newshound website today

Bin Laden Tape Used for Political Gain
Representative Peter King (R - NY) appeared on Dayside yesterday to discuss the release of the latest tape from Osama Bin Laden, and used it to play on the emotions and fears of the American public, in order to justify the NSA spying scandal.

At the end of the brief interview, King said, "I would just say, this should also be a wake-up call for us about how important it is that we go ahead and reauthorize the Patriot Act, and how we should be supporting the President about the NSA surveillance because we need this more than ever, we need tha tinstantaneous reaction the Commander-in-Chief can take if he has to, rather than going through a lot of details and rather than having to run to court every time we come across something."

King, in an attempt to obfuscate the facts of the case, claims that the President needs to spy on American citizens without a warrant because there's too much paperwork and time involved in following the law of the land. He distorts the FISA law, to appeal to the fear in all of us, while neglecting to mention that the President can take immediate action in spying on citizens and receive the necessary warrant (and the proper checks and balances as designated in the Constitution) up to 72 hours after the surveillance has begun, thus negating this oft-used talking point.

George Bush has stated repeatedly, that the fight on terrorism is due to the fact that these terrorist organizations "hate us for our freedoms". So how exactly, does giving up the freedoms guaranteed to us within the Constitution, allow the United States to win the War on Terror? Using Bush's own line of reasoning, by giving up our freedoms as the terrorists supposedly wish, wouldn't that mean we are losing? In order to win this War on Terror, which is a dire necessity, we need to assure that our freedoms are protected at all costs and not allow anyone, including the President, to take them away.

pineapple stu
20/01/2006, 7:37 PM
He wants a truce "based on fair conditions". We all know Bush won't agree to his fair conditions - even if they are actually fair - so Bin Laden can only come out well out of that comment at home.

mypost
21/01/2006, 4:25 AM
He wants a truce "based on fair conditions".

I don't like giving that individual the publicity he craves, but his offer of a truce sounds like desperation to me. His main terrorist network is severely depleted, his main aides are in custody, he is injured himself. The net is closing in on him, and his "truce" is merely cosmetic face-saving propaganda. He will be captured, it's just a matter of not if, but when.

Bald Student
21/01/2006, 4:33 AM
I think the USA should call his bluff. He has no control over the insurgency in Iraq and so cannot even offer a truce. If the USA said, "Right so, 1st Feb Truce. We'll ceasefire if the insurgents do.". The resistance would not stop and Osama would be shown up as powerless.

hamish
23/01/2006, 12:16 AM
Fact is guys Bin Forgotten is no more than a figurehead these days. Even if he and Zwahiri were killed tomorrow, the Al Qaeda "franchise" has been outsourced into independent cells who, basically, do their evil deeds without much in the way of orders from Bin Forgotten (by Bush the fool anyway). Material for bombs - as we know from the London atrocities - can be made using everyday materials without the need for Bin Laden's finance.

That's what makes the whole situation so horrific - Bin Laden has unleashed a genie out of the bottle and even if dead, would be a martyr to those lunatics who act in his name.

Needless to state, idiot Bush and his poodle Bliar play into his hands every time. A Newshounds contributer sums it up thus

Is OBL a student of Ivan Pavlov?

Ivan Pavlov conditioned reflex responses, like salivation in dogs, that only occurred conditional upon specific previous experiences of the animal. (From wikipedia & other good sites)

It seems like UBL's intent is to destroy the US's freedoms (btw I believe the US is the greatest country in the world despite a few misadventures) & whenever he wants another layer of the US's freedom to be removed he releases yet another tape.....

& the authorities strip yet another layer of freedom away...

When all the rights & freedoms that make the US the greatest country in the world have been stripped away.. who would have won?

Three quotes on Bin Forgotten by Bush The Fool worth noting

"Uhh -- Gosh, I -- don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those, uhh, exaggerations".
-- Bush The Fool on 3/13/2002):

"I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."
Bush The Fool
Third Presidential Debate, Tempe, Arizona, Oct. 13, 2004

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
Bush The Fool
—Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

Many in America now refer to OBL as Osama Bin Forgotten - now you know why.