PDA

View Full Version : History to be Made at Mons

Magicme
19/01/2006, 12:58 PM
This Sunday at 2pm will go down in history at Monaghan United FC when the first ever United Women's team take to the pitch for a friendly against Ards based Northland Raiders. The women's team started training in November and the squad has come together nicely. Sunday's match will give locals a chance to check out the latest development at their Club and it is hoped that a large crowd will turn out to cheer them on.

Good luck ladies!
:ball:

Rory H
19/01/2006, 12:59 PM
take a few pictures ,i really want to see how they get on

Magicme
19/01/2006, 3:35 PM
take a few pictures ,i really want to see how they get on

Will try to get some, but if you want to check out what some of them look like just go to the mons website and the womens section!

Magicme
23/01/2006, 9:37 AM
Monaghan United Women did us proud yesterday. They played a terrific first game and when they went 2 - 0 down in the first half they came back out fighting and brought the deficit down to 2-1. Northland Raiders managed to put another one past Stephanie but within 2 mins, Orla had brought the scoreline back to 3-2. It unfortunately ended thus, due in main to a few dodgy ref decisions as the ref felt it was his duty to "coach" the girls by giving away frees coz they werent calling each others names. :eek: The girls really battled well and pushed forward the whole time in an effort to equalise.

A truely entertaining match and a momentous occasion for Monaghan United.

Well done ladies.

:D

monutdfc
23/01/2006, 11:43 AM
the ref felt it was his duty to "coach" the girls by giving away frees coz they werent calling each others names. :eek:

That's actually a rule in football: you're not allowed call "my ball", you have to call a name.

Magicme
23/01/2006, 11:59 AM
Thats what I was wondering but I asked some mates of mine and they werent aware of that rule so thought I had imagined it!