PDA

View Full Version : Noel o connor on RLO 105.2

jay_haych
18/01/2006, 5:10 PM
Noel o connor on RLO 105.2 tonight (wednesday 18th) 9pm -10pm, talking with john o shaughnessy about new signings and Limerick fc club future.

(replayed tomorrow thursday 19th @ 11am)

Westside
18/01/2006, 9:22 PM
Just heard the interview, NOC confirmed that Pat Purcell has signed a 2 year deal with the club, he did not mention any other players in or out, only McGrath's departure to UK(which we all knew already). Da Priest was on the phone talking about his disgust on how the whole lease is being dragged out. He is adamant that he is working round the clock to ensure LFC get the lease they require to begin work on the ground, he also spoke of his admiration of NOC :eek: and how he will do all he can to help, he even offered to come back on board in some capacity:eek: :eek: . To cut a long story short he Da Priest says it is the Hogan Family that are the problem in all this as they are now very aware how much the land costs in this area(especially with the motorway and the supossed tunnel linking Clare / Galway to Dublin link road at or around Roxboro)and may well want to cash in, Da Priest is their only problem as he is a trustee of the ground, and has the casting vote. O'Shaughnessy asked NOC about P Dolan, he didn't confirm nor deny that he was coming on board but did say they chat a lot all the time and was in Limerick a few weeks ago.

Lim till i die
19/01/2006, 11:05 AM
Who the flip keeps leaving Mr. O'Shaughnessy out of the home??!

Direct quote from last night from the expert: "Noel, do you think one of the problems all along is that Limerick wasn't run properly like Cork City, Waterford United, Shamrock Rovers and Saint Pats :eek:

Is there no beginning to that mans knowledge??

Thought NOC, as usual, came across well in the interview. Big downside was "Fr." Sponge coming on giving the poor mouth again, the day he worms his way back in the door could be a dark day indeed. Interesting quote from his holiness though: "Limerick F.C will not be kicked out of Hogan Park as long as I am alive" Remember it folks.

On the plus side last night the signing of Paddy Purcell was confirmed which is super news :)

Brucie
19/01/2006, 2:11 PM
I listened to the interview last night. Some Points I took out of it:

1..NOC and de Priest had a bit of a love in. NOC would welcome de Priest back with open arms on the Board of the club. De Priest never once mentioned DD but did say that clubs should not be run by one Person...Interesting !

2..Agree with Westside Priest blamed the Hogans for all the troubles in the world.

3. The Field of Dreams idea got a rebirth last night.

4. We willl be linking up with Fat Boy Slim. He was in town last week, has had meetings with Club Officials and it looks like he is on the way.

Finally : Hows this for Size : De Priest to Return, Fat Boy on the way, and the Incumbents we are saddled with now all running de club..(Into de Ground IMO)....God Help us