PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Players in the English FA Cup

Peadar
18/01/2006, 1:41 PM
Just trying to group things together on this subject.

Graham Stack, Stephen Hunt, Shane Long and Kevin Doyle all played for Reading last night in their 3-2 victory over WBA.

Graham Kavanagh had a good game against Leeds, scoring the "winning" penalty in the shoot out.
Gary Kelly and Liam Miller did well for Leeds.
Kelly struck a 25 yard screamer with just 5 minutes remaining of extra time to take the game to penalties.

Saul Deeney should start for Burton tonight.
Watch out for another unimpressive performance from John O'Shea.

Feel free to contribute further and well keep all FA Cup chat here...

Tenderloins
18/01/2006, 1:57 PM
Marcos Painter came on as a sub for Birmingham V Torquay, supposed Granny rulers Neil Kilkenny and Alex Bruce played for Birminham too.
JJ Melligan played for Cheltenham in their win V Chester.
Nick Colgan and Martin Devany played for Barnsley V Walsall
Graham Ward played for Tamworth V Stoke who had Adam Rooney,

Stuttgart88
18/01/2006, 2:01 PM
Jonathon Douglas played for Leeds too,last night.

Peadar, I think O'Shea's been pretty decent lately. Hard to fathom I know but credit where it's due...

oconghc2
18/01/2006, 2:04 PM
keith gilroy was impressive for burton the last day (out on the left).

think he was at middlesborough a few years back -

Peadar
18/01/2006, 2:07 PM
Jonathon Douglas played for Leeds too

Thought that was him alright.
Is he gone from Rovers?

Stuttgart88
18/01/2006, 2:12 PM
on loan

Peadar
18/01/2006, 2:13 PM
Peadar, I think O'Shea's been pretty decent lately.

Was that in their 0-0 draw with Arsenal?
Or perhaps their 0-0 draw with Burton?
Maybe it was in their 1-1 draw with Rovers?
It must have been in their 3-1 defeat to Man City!

None of those were good performances by Man Yoo and O'Shea contributed little.

sligoman
18/01/2006, 2:17 PM
keith gilroy was impressive for burton the last day (out on the left).

think he was at middlesborough a few years back -Yep. He's from Sligo and he moved to Boro from us and then went to Scarborough after that and then Burton afaik. He should be playing against United (again) tonight in the replay too.

Also, Barry Cogan(Sligo) played for Milwall against Everton in the last round.

Stuttgart88
18/01/2006, 2:18 PM
Fletcher has been getting all the flak from the Utd fans. Likewise Silvestre, Evra and Rio. I've hardly heard a complaint from any MUFC fans about him.

Against Burton he played well but he partnered a teenager in midfield. Rooney didn't score in any (or most) of thos games - would you call him "unimpressive" too?

His ball retention & passing has been good, and with both feet. Decent tackling too. Not comments you'd associate with his Irish performances but as I said, credit where it's due.

Peadar
18/01/2006, 2:32 PM
Rooney didn't score in any (or most) of thos games - would you call him "unimpressive" too?

Absolutely! Looks like he over did it with the turkey at Christmas...

...Probably had too much to eat to. :D

OwlsFan
18/01/2006, 4:53 PM
Graham Kavanagh had a good game against Leeds, scoring the "winning" penalty in the shoot out....

If you can score the winning goal, can you not score the "winning" penalty :p

Douglas was anonymous enough and was way behind Kavanagh. Kelly did what Kelly does and scampers a lot (apart from getting his belter of a career 4th goal of course).

Is the non-league keeper who will be playing against Man U tonight from south of the border or from Norn Iron ?

Plastic Paddy
18/01/2006, 5:01 PM
Saul Deeney is a Derry lad playing his football for us at underage level.

:ball: PP

FarBeag
19/01/2006, 12:14 AM
If you can score the winning goal, can you not score the "winning" penalty :p

Douglas was anonymous enough and was way behind Kavanagh. Kelly did what Kelly does and scampers a lot (apart from getting his belter of a career 4th goal of course).

Is the non-league keeper who will be playing against Man U tonight from south of the border or from Norn Iron ?

Sorry there, but I can't agree with that assessment. Kelly was one of the best players on the field.Good engine and committed throughout.I would have him back in the ROI setup without a doubt.

Peadar
19/01/2006, 9:13 AM
Kelly was one of the best players on the field.Good engine and committed throughout.

I thought Kelly did well and his goal was great when you consider it was scored after 115 odd, minutes of football.