PDA

View Full Version : Appeal to the Shopkeepers!

redrov2005
18/01/2006, 12:05 AM
There was an article in the Champion last week in which Sean appeals to the business community to get behind the club. I'm sure ye all saw it. Just want to say that Sean should not be put in a position of having to make appeals to the biz people of the town/county.

An appeal by Sean suggests that he's frustrated by the lack of money available to him.

I would have thought that the chairman or treasurer would be on the ones to make an appeal. Actually they shouldn't be appealing,they should be out there selling the club to the business people.

I guess we'll be the only club ( perhaps bar UCD ) that won't have some sort of a commercial manager trying to bring money to the club.

Times have changed. Appeals to the business community might have worked years ago,but Rovers will have to try and operate their business with a bit more cleverness than that.

Bald Student
18/01/2006, 1:38 AM
I guess we'll be the only club ( perhaps bar UCD ) that won't have some sort of a commercial manager trying to bring money to the club.

UCD do have a commercial manager, our only full-time employee. A commercial manager would pay for his wages several times over with the money brought in so it's really something every club should have.

Magicme
18/01/2006, 8:17 AM
UCD do have a commercial manager, our only full-time employee. A commercial manager would pay for his wages several times over with the money brought in so it's really something every club should have.

I dont think that it will work for every club. The only people that get paid at the mons are the bar staff. If we hired a commercial manager they would have to bring in approx twice the amount of money coming into the club to make it worth their while and there just aint the business people in the county willing to invest to the tune of that amount so we have to struggle on with volunteer work.

Rory H
18/01/2006, 11:03 AM
ill ask my boss;) :cool: .we dont advertise enough anyway

redrov2005
18/01/2006, 11:15 PM
Oops. Sorry about that bald student. So is that it then ? Are we the only club that doesn't have a commercial manager ?

Sligo is a booming town. If a radio station and a couple of newspapers can survive off the advertizing it should not be beyond Rovers to get a commercial manager to bring in some money.

Rory H
19/01/2006, 1:00 PM
we are not cashing on how popular rovers are at the moment

the season ticket thing was a joke

they advertised in the 2 papers the radio and the website....itshould have been rammed down our throats untill every mom, mick and larry bought one

marktis
19/01/2006, 2:02 PM
we are not cashing on how popular rovers are at the moment

the season ticket thing was a joke

they advertised in the 2 papers the radio and the website....itshould have been rammed down our throats untill every mom, mick and larry bought one

Agree completely, should be taking advantage of last seasons success. The season tickets seem to have been better organised last season.

Mayo Red
19/01/2006, 10:11 PM
Agree completely, should be taking advantage of last seasons success. The season tickets seem to have been better organised last season.

Spot on, the season tickets were definately organised better last season!