PDA

View Full Version : Support for this year

Cabinteelygull
17/01/2006, 8:23 PM
Anyone got any suggestions/ideas on improving support and atmosphere for next year. e.g recruiting new 'members', new flags, banners, etc. I have some smoke pellets and a flare but im not sure what the club policy is on those, but i have em anyway. Any contributions welcome. Would really like to get good support home and (especially) away going this year :ball:

dublinwanderer
18/01/2006, 2:09 PM
Flags - we have loads - possibly need to get stuff printed on them
we need alot more people thats all... we have drums (3)
flares and smoke bombs i'm all for but the fact is that bray will supposably get fined if flares or fire works are lit.. supposably as in drogs let fireworks off from the front of their stand when they beat us in semi and nothing was done so we could get away with it...
people we need more people to sing and get behind the team at matches

Cabinteelygull
18/01/2006, 6:28 PM
True enough that we need more people, plenty of drums-true, but even if we got small things like bog/till rolls, confetti and the like. Also will the large TIFO-style flags be making an appearance at some stage???? Thought they looked great at away matches last year.

superfrank
18/01/2006, 8:23 PM
I can get plenty of till-roll from work....

There was talk of the Shed boys sponsoring a player for the season. I'm still waiting to hear more about it.

Grasshopper 99
19/01/2006, 11:32 AM
All we need is bodies and new jerseys if they ever get off there ass and sell some, only premier league not to have jerseys for sale.

KR's Post
21/01/2006, 11:45 AM
Anyone got any suggestions/ideas on improving support and atmosphere for next year. e.g recruiting new 'members', new flags, banners, etc. I have some smoke pellets and a flare but im not sure what the club policy is on those, but i have em anyway. Any contributions welcome. Would really like to get good support home and (especially) away going this year :ball:

Been said over and over and over again... We need bodies that are commited to the cause. Buying materials, getting flags done, buying drums, being there on a friday night early to get the place ready! Flags up, flags down! On your stance on away support, i feel that when we're away from home our support is way better than it is at home! Alot will agree there. Cabinteelygull, are you a regular in the shed? would you be willing to get things done, commited to designing flags, buying drums etc etc. PM me when you see this message!

Cabinteelygull
21/01/2006, 4:35 PM
[QUOTE=tarzan1 On your stance on away support, i feel that when we're away from home our support is way better than it is at home! Alot will agree there.
Sorry Tarzan perhaps i worded my first post incorrectly. I didnt mean to say that our away support was poor last year, in fact i agree that it was better than our home support, What i meant to say was that i was hoping to get just as good away support this year as we got last year, if you understand me?

Grasshopper 99
23/01/2006, 10:48 AM
Home support will never be as good as away support, cause at away matchs everyone usually stays together, while at home most of them work in the ground.

Hulsey
23/01/2006, 2:26 PM
Thinking of dying my hair green & white for the season opener in March. What do you's reckon Good idea, Bad idea?

Roo69
23/01/2006, 2:35 PM
Go for it !

centre mid
23/01/2006, 5:11 PM
The eternal question isnt it - how do you get more bodies in. Think just about everything has been tried to get a bigger gate, the fact is that you cant just magic a bigger turnover at the turnstiles. Also do you just want to get more bodies in or do you want to get active, vocal, die-hard, spend their last shilling on a season ticket and thumb a lift to the other side of the country supporter? i guess the later but that type of support takes time to nurture, it invlove shared experiences - good and bad, highs and lows

memories of against all the odds wins, cup runs, last minute winning goals

I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach writing this -

superfrank
23/01/2006, 5:17 PM
Thinking of dying my hair green & white for the season opener in March. What do you's reckon Good idea, Bad idea?
You hardly have much hair as it is?? :D :D

Eoingull
24/01/2006, 1:09 AM
I am constantly amazed at the apathy of the local Brayfolk, when it comes to supporting the Wanderers. All the lads in work ask me about the games, but none of them would actually turn up and pay their 12 euro. I've always felt the "bring a friend" approach to be the best one, and even that has turned out to be a tough challenge! If one or two friends can come along, and get the buzz that the rest of us obviously find at the Carlisle, hopefully they will then join the regular horde. For non-attendance, it's the 20-30 year old bracket that are the worst offenders. We have a great young support, and, er, more mature support, but the rest all seem to think they're too cool for school. It's getting a little dull and repetitive at this point, but the jersey situation has to be sorted out. Adidas may make the most attractive kits, but if they can't supply us with enough to meet our needs, I would rather swap over to a local manufacturer, like O'Neills. I wouldn't advise anyone to mess with their hair. I did once, and it never grew back the same again!

Hulsey
24/01/2006, 9:59 AM
I am constantly amazed at the apathy of the local Brayfolk, when it comes to supporting the Wanderers. All the lads in work ask me about the games, but none of them would actually turn up and pay their 12 euro. I've always felt the "bring a friend" approach to be the best one, and even that has turned out to be a tough challenge! If one or two friends can come along, and get the buzz that the rest of us obviously find at the Carlisle, hopefully they will then join the regular horde. For non-attendance, it's the 20-30 year old bracket that are the worst offenders. We have a great young support, and, er, more mature support, but the rest all seem to think they're too cool for school. It's getting a little dull and repetitive at this point, but the jersey situation has to be sorted out. Adidas may make the most attractive kits, but if they can't supply us with enough to meet our needs, I would rather swap over to a local manufacturer, like O'Neills. I wouldn't advise anyone to mess with their hair. I did once, and it never grew back the same again!
I've been wrecking all my mates heads for about half a season to come and am finding the exact same problem. Most are happy to watch a game between 2 bad teams like Birmingham & Sunderland, but won't go up to the Carlisle. But these same people are all up for supporting the national team. Why not their local side too? Have managed to convince 2 mates to go to the first home game of the season though, promised if they didn't enjoy it i'd stop pestering them. Neither of them are even into football. Reckon it's gonna be trying to explain the offside rule in a pub the night before! On the hair dying thing, dosen't matter to much bout the growing back thing anyway, probably be cue-ball in about five years anyway:D !

Cabinteelygull
24/01/2006, 10:49 AM
I think it would be better to get people who regularly attend bray games but dont stand with us to sing with us rather than Hulsey's situation, bringing in 'outsiders' if you like;), but fair play to you pal at least you're making a real effort. In regards to your hair dying try and get a few more involved as well, i would'nt like to be the only green haired fella in the whole group you'd be spotted a mile away:D ...still though, its an idea and thats what i wanted to see.;)

Grasshopper 99
24/01/2006, 10:58 AM
Bray home fans are hope less, they see as paying in to the match and cheering when we score as doing enough. Bring back the winter football when everyone was in the shed, back then there was a chance of getting them going.

KR's Post
24/01/2006, 11:27 AM
I think it would be better to get people who regularly attend bray games but dont stand with us to sing with us rather than Hulsey's situation, bringing in 'outsiders' if you like;), .;)
EXACTLY!!!! Spot on.....

Grasshopper 99
24/01/2006, 11:44 AM
But they wont sing, they all think there too good for us, but we all know that we rule the Carlisle

KR's Post
24/01/2006, 11:55 AM
But they wont sing, they all thik there too good for us.
:o :o :o

Grasshopper 99
24/01/2006, 11:58 AM
get your skin fixed, bum

KR's Post
24/01/2006, 12:48 PM
get your skin fixed, bum
That was fixed ages ago... Had it for the cup semi!

Hulsey
24/01/2006, 1:26 PM
I think it would be better to get people who regularly attend bray games but dont stand with us to sing with us rather than Hulsey's situation, bringing in 'outsiders' if you like;), but fair play to you pal at least you're making a real effort. In regards to your hair dying try and get a few more involved as well, i would'nt like to be the only green haired fella in the whole group you'd be spotted a mile away ...still though, its an idea and thats what i wanted to see.
Thing is, by getting new fans in and straight to the shed there is a far higher prospect of nurturing a core supporter than trying to recruit from the seated area as a lot of the crowd over at the seats are of the older generation (no offence intended:D ) and probably feel that they'd look stupid if they were over singing with us, which is fair enough. Severly doubt anyone else would be stupid enough to get involved in any hair dying, but I wear a Leeds jersey so am well used to looking stupid:D ! Only joking Up the Super Leeds Premiership here we come. Haha!

Grasshopper 99
25/01/2006, 9:36 AM
There is no point of talking about support for next season, cause we all know who is going to be there and thats the usual mad men, unless its raining and everyone is cramed into the shed. Bring back winter football.

Cabinteelygull
31/01/2006, 9:33 PM
:mad: :rolleyes: Sorry i even bothered