PDA

View Full Version : Independent's Top 20 Players Outside the Premiership

TheOwl
30/12/2005, 11:23 PM
Kevin Doyle, Mark Kennedy and Owen Garven were all listed in the English Independent's Top 20 most promising players outside of the Premiership.

See here

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/coca_cola/article335579.ece

M@ttitude
30/12/2005, 11:47 PM
Kevin Doyle, Mark Kennedy and Owen Garven
Thats great, always thought Mark Kennedy brought alot to games, Garvan is very promising at 17 and of course Kevin Doyle superstar, can see him exploding onto to the premiership scene..

gustavo
31/12/2005, 12:00 AM
isnt Mark Kennedy a bit old to be "promising"?

Plastic Paddy
31/12/2005, 8:39 AM
And they have Lee Trundle down as *shock horror* an Englishman... :eek:

That'll change come March, no?

:ball: PP

OwlsFan
31/12/2005, 10:49 AM
isnt Mark Kennedy a bit old to be "promising"?

Agreed but what is really surprising is that he was Captain :eek: in Wolves recent game against Wednesday. Maturing at last ?

Cosmo
31/12/2005, 3:35 PM
Kevin Doyle, Mark Kennedy and Owen Garven were all listed in the English Independent's Top 20 most promising players outside of the Premiership.

See here

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/coca_cola/article335579.ece

Whose owen garven :confused:

pineapple stu
31/12/2005, 3:40 PM
Isn't Mark Kennedy a bit old to be "promising"?
Was thinking that. Would like to see him given a second chance with Ireland though. Different option to the Reids on the right wing, and a better substitute than Kilbane for Duff on the left.

sligoman
31/12/2005, 3:43 PM
Whose owen garven :confused:17 year old midfielder with Ipswich Town

Here's what the piece say's about him:

"There is a team of ex-Ipswich players in the Premiership and Garvan could be next. Made his debut this season and his composure soon impressed. A regular until injury struck, the scouts are awaiting his return. Pace the only doubt."

Cosmo
31/12/2005, 3:46 PM
17 year old midfielder with Ipswich Town

Here's what the piece say's about him:

"There is a team of ex-Ipswich players in the Premiership and Garvan could be next. Made his debut this season and his composure soon impressed. A regular until injury struck, the scouts are awaiting his return. Pace the only doubt."

Do ye know where hes from? Position? :o

sligoman
31/12/2005, 3:50 PM
Do ye know where hes from? Position? :oFrom Dublin and he's a midfielder. His birthday is the 29th of Januray so he's nearly 18.

eirebhoy
31/12/2005, 5:19 PM
Do ye know where hes from? Position? :o
Central midfielder and the player I'm most excited about breaking through.

Paddy Kenny and Kevin Foley made the "next 20" list too.

tetsujin1979
31/12/2005, 5:23 PM
Douglas scored twice today, anyone know how he's been getting on in the Leeds midfield? Is Miller playing regularly alongside him?

Plastic Paddy
31/12/2005, 6:11 PM
Doyle and Long scored today for Reading in their 2-2 draw at Derby. £100k the pair. What a steal for the Royals.

Stuttgart88
01/01/2006, 10:07 AM
Garvan is a great prospect. Cosmo, use the search facility on this site & see what's been said about him. Started the season well but missed 10 games with an ankle injury & is just back in the team. Part of the Ipswich FA Youth Cup winning team, U19 international, over 6 foot tall too which is unusual for an Irish midfielder. Joe Royle raves about him.

Stuttgart88
01/01/2006, 10:13 AM
18 yr old Shane Supple kept a clean sheet for Ipswich & made some geat saves yesterday according to teletext. I think we've a lot of teenage or young keepers making good progress at the moment. Supple isn't even first-choice Irish U19 keeper.

dynamo kerry
01/01/2006, 2:40 PM
kennedy has been captain at wolves for ages.

Irish_Praha
02/01/2006, 11:06 AM
Was thinking that. Would like to see him given a second chance with Ireland though. Different option to the Reids on the right wing, and a better substitute than Kilbane for Duff on the left.

He's played a lot of games at left back too. So he could also be an option there. He wouldn't have much decent competition anyway.

twoenz
02/01/2006, 12:51 PM
Didn't both Doyle and Long come from Cork?

De Town
02/01/2006, 2:20 PM
Didn't both Doyle and Long come from Cork?
Yeah they did. Think Long had only came on as a sub a handfull of times for Cork aswell.

dr_peepee
02/01/2006, 7:10 PM
See Dave Kitson bagged another 2 for Reading today... Wasn't there talk of him throwing his lot in with us at one stage?

dr_peepee
02/01/2006, 7:16 PM
Just found this from an article last year

"I would certainly speak to Ireland if they were interested as my grandfather on my dad's side is Irish," he added. "Had I been fit and scored 25 goals then maybe I would have got a phone call."

But then I also found this on a different site

He said: “I’ve known for a couple of years that I was eligible to play for Ireland through my grandfather ... but I never knew my grandfather and I don’t feel Irish"

I've never seen him play but by all accounts he's a big lad with an eye for goal which is exactly what we need as a foil for what we have available to us.

P.S Spare me the plastic paddy b0llix...

Plastic Paddy
03/01/2006, 7:10 AM
Don't worry Doctor, you won't hear a peep out of me on that score... ;)

On another note, I've just found this article by David Pleat in today's Guardian on Kevin Foley of Luton Town. One for the future by all accounts. I'm not sure we need yet another right-back though.

---

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1676768,00.html

Scouting report:
How he rates: Kevin Foley, Luton Town

David Pleat
Tuesday January 3, 2006
The Guardian

Mike Newell has been true to Luton's tradition of giving youth a chance since he took over as manager in 2003. In August he sold Curtis Davies to West Bromwich for £3m and Kevin Foley, a right-back of great promise, also looks to have the potential to play at a higher level.
Luton have no need to sell anyone but I'm sure big clubs are keeping an eye on this steady, clean-passing defender. He has already enjoyed one promotion and efficiently blended into the team pattern with a resilience that stands out.

Foley is a full-back who tries to pass the ball out of defence and resorts to a big clearance only when no alternative presents itself. I like the way he sees the early pass once he has gained possession. Players who make early passes have already seen the picture and are quick decision-makers.
He looks to get forward and can hit decent crosses to the far post but most of the time he plays a simple, accurate pass from advanced positions and gives Luton's forwards the chance to continue the passage of play comfortably.

When Foley goes to join the play in the midfield third he is helped by having the cunning Ahmet Brkovic ahead of him on the right wing. Brkovic's ability to look after the ball means Foley has the confidence to go forward in the knowledge that the ball will not be given away easily.

Defensively Foley, a regular in the Republic of Ireland's Under-21s, is more than capable. His heading could be better but he has sharp recovery pace and an awareness of his responsibilities whenever possession changes hands.

He also has the natural defender's ability to smell danger and knows when to offer cover to Luton's experienced and helpful right-sided centre-half, Chris Coyne. His other fine attributes are his clean timing in the tackle and his balance. He relies on his astute anticipation to win possession and does not go to ground and hand the advantage to a forward. He is rarely booked and has not been suspended - not bad for someone who has been a regular since August 2003.

If you over-analyse Foley's bearing you may be dissuaded from appreciating his qualities. He has the gait of an ugly duckling, "ten-to-two" feet and a fast waddle of a running style. But there is no mistaking his talent and a brief chat with Newell confirmed my view that Foley ticks all the boxes. He is a good listener, hard trainer and concentrates well. Newell tells me that Foley is quiet, slightly shy and still reticent to speak during team discussions but I am sure his personality will develop with experience.

On Saturday Luton play Liverpool in the FA Cup at Kenilworth Road. Older Liverpool fans may see in Foley intimations of two former Anfield right-backs, Chris Lawler and Phil Neal, who played reliably, effectively and with steady passing for many successful seasons. Foley, luck permitting, can look forward to a fine future.

Age 21

Born London

Position Full-back

Height 5ft 10in

Weight 11st 2lb

From Trainee

Recovery speed 8/10

Passing 9/10

Heading 7/10

Reading of the game 8/10

Team responsibility 9/10

Pleat's valuation £1m (but they have no need to sell yet)

Lionel Ritchie
03/01/2006, 9:38 AM
Douglas played a blinder for Leeds against Plymouth last night ....Liam Miller less so as they marked him heavily but he won the penalty for Leeds third.

tetsujin1979
03/01/2006, 10:35 AM
Pretty sure I read somewhere the Leeds manager expects Miller to sign permanently at the end of the season, I'll try to track it down

Stuttgart88
03/01/2006, 10:42 AM
This is what today's Guardian said about Miller after the Plymouth game:

Miller became increasingly influential as the game progressed, linking well with both attack and defence. Indeed his 25-yard shot, although saved by the goalkeeper Romain Larrieu, started the passage of play which led to the first goal. His reputation has shown glimmers of recovery during his two months at Elland Road.

When he moved to Manchester United from Celtic he was, after all, regarded by some incautious judges as the product of a genetic collaboration between Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. This was his last game for Leeds but Blackwell wants to keep him. "I will be talking to Sir Alex in the next few days and we will see what happens," he said. "We would like him to stay and I think he would like to."

OwlsFan
03/01/2006, 12:07 PM
Ritchie Partridge signs at extension to his contract at Hillsborough until the end of the season.

youngirish
03/01/2006, 12:52 PM
Another great prospect is Chris McCann. He scored a belter for Burnley last night and they were raving about him in the Sun. He's 18 and has two goals in only a handful of starts this season so he looks like he could be one to watch.

eirebhoy
03/01/2006, 1:56 PM
Another great prospect is Chris McCann. He scored a belter for Burnley last night and they were raving about him in the Sun. He's 18 and has two goals in only a handful of starts this season so he looks like he could be one to watch.
Aye, he's a player I've been keeping an eye out for but hasn't been starting much recently.

youngirish
05/01/2006, 9:35 AM
Another player who might be one for the future is Andrew Keogh at S****horpe. He's a 19 year old striker who was banging the goals in earlier in the season though his scoring run seems to have dried up now.

eirebhoy
07/01/2006, 2:34 PM
Another player who might be one for the future is Andrew Keogh at S****horpe. He's a 19 year old striker who was banging the goals in earlier in the season though his scoring run seems to have dried up now.
He's back in the goals with 1 against Man City.

Stuttgart88
09/01/2006, 7:43 AM
He's back in the goals with 1 against Man City.
Set up by Cliff Byrne too.

Hither green
09/01/2006, 7:59 AM
What about Saul Deeney, on yesterday's performance against United could be worth a cap :D

Stuttgart88
09/01/2006, 8:04 AM
What about Saul Deeney, on yesterday's performance against United could be worth a cap :D
I'd expect to see more of Deeney. He has a fantastic boot on him too. Funnily enough, Henderson was picked ahead of him for the Irish underage sides but when they were both at Notts Co., Deeney was clearly no. 1. By all accounts Henderson is rated by Brighton fans so if Henderson can cut it at Championship level, surely Deeney could too. Not many Premiership keepers have done as well against rooney :)

Deeney, Doyle, Henderson, Stack, Murphy, Randolph [edit: and of course Shane Supple] are all starting to come through to various degrees. Any young eL keepers of note? I liked Dan Connor when he played for the U21s.

Stuttgart88
09/01/2006, 8:32 AM
Watching this weekend's FA Cup footy, and a small bit of the Celtic game, a couple of thoughts crossed my mind, both pops at Kerr:

On the day smaller teams can give any big team a run for their money if they go about it properly . I hate the term "passion" in football because I always associate it with patronising ****s like Lineker & Motson going on about the Irish passion, overlooking the fact that from time to time we actually have a good side. But with application & commitment a lot can be achieved in one off games. I think Kerr's approach overlooked this at times, in favour of a more technical approach.

Also, given the current proliferation of young Irish making an impact why was it that Kerr's squads were always so predictable, leading in my opinion to complacency by at least half the players. I suppose there seems to be a lot of people making their first real impact this year so this second dig is a little harsh, but the first point above stands out I think.

pineapple stu
09/01/2006, 12:29 PM
Any young eL keepers of note? I liked Dan Connor when he played for the U21s.
Darren Quigley (UCD) has been in the U-21 squad ahead of Saul Deeney the last few games. However, in the last two games when we couldn't qualify, Givens dropped all the overage players except for Henderson, so there may be someone else coming through to take over the No 1 jersey from him. Very strange decision from Givens (even for him)...

Stuttgart88
09/01/2006, 12:32 PM
Of course, thanks. How do you rate him?

pineapple stu
09/01/2006, 12:34 PM
He won our Supporters' Player of the Year award this season, though he fell away a bit at the end of the season like a lot of our players. Superb shot-stopper (ask any Cork fan after his one-man defence down in Cork in September) and decent in the air too, though he'll punch rather than catch usually. Drogheda were after his but we - and he - told them where to go, but he's getting noticed anyway. Think he's only 19 at the moment, but I don't know if he'll ever progress to the stage where he's a viable option for the senior team, which I assume is what you're looking at.

Stuttgart88
09/01/2006, 12:40 PM
Yep, but I also have an interest in UCD and especially goalies. paul Brogan and paul Kavanagh were the incumbents in my time. Mad Charlie McCormick played a few times and if I remember right, I think Brendan Dillon may have filled in once or twice.

pineapple stu
09/01/2006, 12:50 PM
Don't know if Dillon ever played first-team for us - must ask him next time I see him!

Jim McCabe - our first ever league goalie - owns the wine shop next door to where I work!

OwlsFan
10/01/2006, 5:11 PM

Posted by a Burnley fan on another site:

Posted by Jambfc05 on 10 Jan 16:50 Email | Complain | Prev | Next | Reply
Chris McCann ...

----------------
A great player for the future from what we at Turf Moor have seen of him this season. A proper midfielder who is a good passer of the ball and has an excellent shot on him. Certainly a future international player from what we have seen of him so far!
-------------------------

Fingers crossed.

gustavo
11/01/2006, 8:46 AM
just wondering do people think that threads about players in the lower leagues in england should be in the national team forum? i'm not so sure.

eirebhoy
11/01/2006, 10:51 AM
just wondering do people think that threads about players in the lower leagues in england should be in the national team forum? i'm not so sure.
Why not? :) There's not one player in this thread I haven't heard of and this is the main forum I come to to keep up to date on these kind of players.

youngirish
11/01/2006, 6:08 PM
I see young Barry Cogan is starting to get a run out at Millwall. Apparently he had a very good game on Sat against Everton though I didn't see it.

gustavo
12/01/2006, 12:14 PM
Why not? :) There's not one player in this thread I haven't heard of and this is the main forum I come to to keep up to date on these kind of players.

i see your point but this is the national team forum and i'm sure most of those will never have a sniff of making it. but its just a thought:)

tetsujin1979
12/01/2006, 12:39 PM
i see your point but this is the national team forum and i'm sure most of those will never have a sniff of making it. but its just a thought:)
It's an excellent way of keeping track of those who may make it, don't forget Steve Finnan was playing non-league football not too long ago, ditto Mark Kinsella. I think the World Football is more for topics that have little or no connection to any Irish player, whereas this forum is for any news related to Irish players, at any level.

Tenderloins
12/01/2006, 1:05 PM
There are plenty of players in the lower divisions on National U-21, Youth teams etc. Also a good few on loan from Premiership/Championship clubs too.
Not forgetting the likes of Nick Colgan who are actually in the senior squad.

FarBeag
14/01/2006, 2:15 PM
Andrew Keogh has just scored another for S****horpe.He is only 19 and appears like a very good prospect.Hope he keeps banging them in and gets noticed by the higher divisions.

youngirish
17/01/2006, 1:04 PM
The English Independent has compiled a list of what it believes to be the top 20 players outside the Premiership. It's nice to see Doyle, Trundle, Kennedy and Garvan made the top 20. Here's the the article:

One caveat. This is not necessarily a list of the 20 best players outside the Premiership right now, rather the 20 with the greatest potential - it is more a guide for shoppers. Players over 30 have been disqualified, thus ruling out some of the Championship's best, such as David Unsworth, Inigo Idiakez and the reborn Ade Akinbiyi. Players on loan from the Premiership were also barred, otherwise Wolves' Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Cardiff's Jason Koumas (West Bromwich) and Stoke's Paul Gallagher (Blackburn) might well have figured"- The Independent

1: Phil Jagielka (Sheffield United)

Nationality English. Age 23. Position Midfield, defence

Value £5m

Potential buyers? Half the Premiership

Everyone agrees Phil Jagielka will be playing in the Premiership next season, the only question is: where? In an ideal world it will be in central midfield for newly promoted Sheffield United. It might, though, be right-back for Everton, or central defence for Manchester City. Such is the Under-21 international's quality and versatility. And he is beginning to add goals.

The Blades turned down £4m from Wigan in the summer but manager Neil Warnock accepts that, if they fail to go up, they cannot stand in Jagielka's way any longer. "I asked him to give me, personally, one more year," said Warnock. "I brought him through from a young lad. I told him, 'If we don't go up I'll help you get away'. He's an all-rounder, he'd play for England at tiddlywinks. He's even our stand-in goalkeeper. He's a lovely lad from a nice family. It's great when players like that do well. He's one who, when I finish, I'll watch."

Manchester-born Jagielka is United's second-longest serving player. He was 17 when Warnock gave him his debut, as a substitute on the last day of the 1999-2000 season. The next year he became a regular.

"I think central midfield is his best position, he's more involved there," said Warnock, "but even scouts who look at him can't agree on his best position. When I brought him in he lacked pace but he's now one of the quickest. I think he'd have been a good replacement for Roy Keane but top clubs look abroad these days."`

2: Andrew Johnson (Crystal Palace)

Nationality English. Age 24. Position Striker.

Value £8m

Buyers? Tottenham, Charlton, Birmingham

It is a surprise that Johnson is playing in the Championship at all. Last season he scored 21 Premiership goals and won international recognition. So, with the World Cup approaching, a move seemed certain when Palace were relegated, probably to Tottenham. But Crystal Palace stood firm for at least £10m. In the event, Johnson signed a lucrative new contract as both parties gambled on his scoring the goals to get Palace back up. Injury, however, intervened. Johnson is fit and scoring again, but must do so at a phenomenal rate or Palace will need the play-offs to go up, and Johnson will be watching the World Cup on TV.

3: Steve Sidwell (Reading)

Nationality English. Age 24. Position Midfielder.

Value £4m

Buyers? Charlton, Fulham, Arsenal

The former Arsenal trainee was voted best player in the division last season and, while not quite as dominating this, has still been a key figure in Reading's rise to the Championship pinnacle. Intelligent and industrious, he has missed few fixtures since signing for Reading nearly three years ago. Only doubt about this good passer and solid tackler is whether he has the physical presence. But he is a keen learner.

4: Theo Walcott (Southampton)

Nationality English. Age 16. Position Striker.

Value £9m

Buyers? Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool

English football's hottest teenage property. He's lightning quick, skilful and fearless. Arsenal and Spurs lead the pack of clubs drooling over every dribble. The star of Saints' FA Youth Cup runners-up, he was given his debut on the season's opening day and quickly became a regular. The only caveats are his youth, lightweight stature and finishing.

5: Cameron Jerome (Cardiff City)

Nationality English. Age 19. Position Striker.

Value £4m

Buyers? Everton, Portsmouth

Only in his second season but already turning heads. His 11 goals this season have spearheaded Cardiff's rise and won a place in the England Under-21 squad. Quick, powerful and skilful. There are doubts about his link-up play but that should develop. Those clubs who rejected him - including home-town club Huddersfield and Middlesbrough - may regret it.

6: Kevin Doyle (Reading)

Nationality Irish. Age 22. Position Striker.

Value £2.5m

Buyers? Aston Villa, Everton, Birmingham

Probably the Championship discovery of the season. A £70,000 signing from Cork City, he is the form striker with six in the last nine games. Said an envious Joe Royle: "He's mobile, quick, very fit and wants to score. To get a front-line striker for £70,000..."

7: Dean Ashton (Norwich City)

Nationality English. Age 22. Position Striker.

Value £3.5m

Buyers? Wigan, Manchester City, Everton

One of the few successes of Norwich's dismal season with 11 goals including his recent hat-trick against Southampton. Big, powerful, with a readiness to shoot. He may regret staying at Carrow Road but Ashton was brought up the right way, at Dario Gradi's Crewe, and has time, and ability on his side.

8: Kenny Miller (Wolves)

Nationality Scottish. Age 26. Position Striker.

Value £1.5m

Buyers? Everton, Birmingham, Rangers

Was 26 last week and his recent goal against Italy suggests he is peaking. Only hit two in the Premiership, but they were against Manchester United and Liverpool. A contract dispute means he may move on next month.

9: Joleon Lescott (Wolves)

Nationality English. Age 23. Position Central defence.

Value £2m

Buyers? Newcastle United, Aston Villa, Fulham

Missed Wolves' Premiership season with knee injuries but has returned strongly. Quick, powerful and elegant, he captained Wolves at 22, has Under-21 recognition, and is club player of the year.

10: Danny Webber (Sheffield Utd)

Nationality English. Age 24. Position Striker

Value £1.5m

Buyers? Everton, Sunderland, Charlton

Four years at Old Trafford without a League appearance but seems set to return with the Blades. Mobile and sharp, quick and inventive, he found his feet at Watford before a March move to Bramall Lane.

youngirish
17/01/2006, 1:04 PM
And the second half (couldn't fit it all in the one posting):

11: Lee Trundle (Swansea City)

Nationality English. Age 29. Position Striker.

Value £2m

Buyers? Birmingham, Charlton, Everton,

League One's most coveted player. A late developer who added discipline to skill after becoming a father. Now a cult hero at Swansea having followed 22 goals last season with 17 this. His weight may prove a problem but not his ability.

12: Ashley Young (Watford)

Nationality English. Age 20. Position Striker.

Value £2m

Buyers? Tottenham, Charlton, Liverpool

Originally a wide player, because of his pace and mobility, he has drifted inside this season to good effect, scoring 10 goals. Two-footed, imaginative and hard-working. His maturity is demonstrated by his being entrusted with set pieces.

13: Bobby Convey (Reading)

Nationality American. Age 22. Position Winger.

Value £1.4m

Buyers? Liverpool, Portsmouth

A peripheral figure last season as he struggled after moving from Philadelphia but has finally lived up to his reputation this campaign. Narrowly edges Leeds' Eddie Lewis as the best winger though his more experienced compatriot has the better all-round game.

14: Nigel Quashie (Southampton)

Nationality Scottish. Age 27. Position Midfielder.

Value £1.5m

Buyers? Rangers, Charlton, Portsmouth

A promising youngster, who won Under-21 and B caps for England, he lost his way after leaving QPR for Forest but has blossomed since becoming a Scottish international - through parentage - and coming under the wing of Harry Redknapp at Fratton Park and St Mary's. With Harry trading places again, Quashie is likely to leave Saints.

15: Mark Kennedy (Wolves)

Nationality Irish. Age 29. Position Midfield.

Value £1.5m

Buyers? Sunderland, Bolton, Portsmouth

He was the game's most expensive teenager when he signed for Liverpool, from Millwall, in 1995 but a certain waywardness meant he never fulfilled potential. Now, though, he has, to quote Royle, "reinvented himself". No longer a winger, this increasingly influential midfielder could yet make a Premiership return.

16: Ki-Hyeon Seol (Wolves)

Nationality South Korean. Age 26. Position Midfield/striker.

Value £2m

Buyers? Everton, West Bromwich Albion, Newcastle

Versatile, increasingly influential, and he would sell a few shirts. Player s have been bought for less. Rangy with good passing skills, he took time to settle but could yet join compatriots Lee Young-Pyo and Park Ji-Sung in the élite. Did national service in summer.

17: Matty Fryatt (Walsall)

Nationality English. Age 19. Position Striker.

Value £1m

Buyers? Birmingham City, Wolves, Preston

Fifteen goals in his debut season, 14 so far this, and still a teenager. Slender but lithe and with an eye for goal, the England youth international is unlikely to remain at the Saddlers for long.

18: Nicky Shorey (Reading)

Nationality English. Age 24. Position Left-back.

Value £1m

Buyers? Arsenal, Charlton, Newcastle

Attacking full-backs are in vogue and, if Ashley Cole does indeed leave for Real Madrid, Arsène Wenger could do worse than look to Berkshire. Athletic, skilful and consistent, the former Leyton Orient defender is also a dead-ball artist, from corners and free-kicks.

19: Boaz Myhill (Hull City)

Nationality English. Age 23. Position Goalkeeper.

Value £1m

Buyers? Charlton, Wigan, Arsenal

Big, commanding keeper who likes to dominate the area, which can lead to mistakes. They should be reduced with age. US-born but represented England at junior levels. Previously at Aston Villa. Real name - Glyn. Brave.

20: Owen Garvan (Ipswich Town)

Nationality Irish. Age 17. Position Midfielder.

Value £1.5m

Buyers? Tottenham, West Ham, Sunderland

There is a team of ex-Ipswich players in the Premiership and Garvan could be next. Made his debut this season and his composure soon impressed. A regular until injury struck, the scouts are awaiting his return. Pace the only doubt.

eirebhoy
17/01/2006, 1:26 PM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=32439