PDA

View Full Version : FAI/Block-Booking list Correspondence.

Kingdom
17/01/2006, 11:29 AM
Did anyone get letters in the past week from the FAI with regard to the upcoming match against Sweden? Either those already on the block-booking scheme or those on the waiting list.
Thanks.
Pog.

tiktok
17/01/2006, 11:54 AM
No.

I actually contacted them to ask what the story was with tickets for the Sweden game (I'm still on the waiting list) and I haven't heard back ten/eleven days later. Though tbh, it might have a lot to do with their being busy with the new appointments

Schumi
17/01/2006, 1:06 PM
Got my letter yesterday.

OwlsFan
17/01/2006, 1:08 PM
Got mine last Friday.

monutdfc
17/01/2006, 1:10 PM
Got mine last Friday

Paulie
17/01/2006, 1:24 PM
Last Friday as well.

Ash
18/01/2006, 10:48 AM
Mine arrived on Monday

onenilgameover
18/01/2006, 12:23 PM
got mine on monday too!

AidoM
18/01/2006, 6:13 PM
I'm an existing block booker and got my letter on Monday

Jon'o
22/01/2006, 8:10 AM
any idea when the tickets are going on general sale?

beautifulrock
23/01/2006, 11:02 AM
been in the block booking waiting list a couple of years now and received a letter today offering me the chance to buy two tickets for Sweden(first time got this type or indeed any thing from the FAI). As is typical I have a work conference on that day so unable to go. The question is should i buy them anyway? Will it affect my chances of moving onto the block booking list if i do not buy them.

As a matter of interest I am number 14978, as I imagine these are allocated sequentially is there any recent addition to the block list out there and what number were you?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

cullenswood
23/01/2006, 11:04 AM
Definitely buy them as you will lose your place on the list if you fail to buy them.

Paulie
23/01/2006, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=beautifulrock The question is should i buy them anyway? Will it affect my chances of moving onto the block booking list if i do not buy them.

[/QUOTE]

If I were you I'd bite the bullet and buy them anyway. With a bit of luck you will be able to sell them on. Even if you don't though the worst that can happen is you're out of pocket by 60-70 quid.

eirebhoy
23/01/2006, 1:00 PM
I'm only on the waiting list too and got that letter. 2 tickets for €40 (North Terrace). I'm certainly buying them as I'd be going anyway.

What do you mean you're number 14978? The waiting list isn't that big surely? I'm in the top few hundred.

beautifulrock
23/01/2006, 1:10 PM
thanks guys, 40 euro will not kill me and i will get rid of them easily.

Eire there is a bar code at the top right hand of the letter, and it has number 14978 on it, I doubt there is that many on the waiting list but it is definately my "number" so am trying to work out its relevance.

Schumi
23/01/2006, 1:54 PM
That 14,000 would probably include everyone with a full block booking. I think mine is 13,000 odd.

eirebhoy
23/01/2006, 3:46 PM
thanks guys, 40 euro will not kill me and i will get rid of them easily.

Eire there is a bar code at the top right hand of the letter, and it has number 14978 on it, I doubt there is that many on the waiting list but it is definately my "number" so am trying to work out its relevance.
The number under the barcode on mine is 14404. If you e-mail the FAI they'll tell you your position on the waiting list.

beautifulrock
23/01/2006, 4:12 PM
Thanks Eire, will drop them an email. I am interested to find out.

Dotsy
24/01/2006, 9:26 AM
Got the letter yesterday. The number under the bar code is 13673. The last confirmation I had of my place on the waiting list was last May and I was 360 at that stage. The number on the letter has no relevance to your place on the list.

tetsujin1979
24/01/2006, 9:27 AM
Yep, got the mail too and I'll be taking the tickets. I checked where I was on the waiting list about a year ago, can't remember the exact number, but it was in the mid-800's

LimerickYouth
24/01/2006, 2:46 PM
Can any tell me how I can I apply to get on the block booking waiting list?

Dotsy
24/01/2006, 3:07 PM
Send a letter into the FAI Ticket Office, 80 Merrion Sqaure asking to be put on the waiting list. Not sure they are taking any new people on the list at the moment but it won't do any harm.

eirebhoy
25/01/2006, 10:54 AM
They'll take any names they can to get Croker full.

tetsujin1979
25/01/2006, 11:56 AM
you can email them as well at info@fai.ie
should hear back in about a day or to to take your contact details

cullenswood
25/01/2006, 12:00 PM
They'll take any names they can to get Croker full.

I wouldn't think they'd have any problems filling Croker for three competitive matches

pegan
27/01/2006, 10:17 AM
I reckon that the number on your letter is your unique blockbook registration number - perhaps you've now succeeded in getting 'through the gate'. Im a blockbooker and have a number and a barcode with all correspondence coming from the FAI. Any enquiries I have, I quote this number which helps sort out the query

If you are 'in' well done and enjoy the games. BUT dont forget to buy tickets for each and every match or your back out on the road again!!!

pegan

beautifulrock
27/01/2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks Pegan, I have sent an email to the FAI asking where I am on the block booking list and they have yet to reply. Will post here when i receive it as am certain we can then work out (using my numbers as an example) where people are on the waiting list.

Not sure i am through the gate but definately moving up the list a little and have bought the tickets for Sweden, think i might even be able to make it now.

cullenswood
27/01/2006, 12:41 PM
Can any tell me how I can I apply to get on the block booking waiting list?

I dont think they are taking any more people on the waiting list until they have sorted out what they are doing with allocations for the Croke Park games.

Countyman
01/02/2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone else on this? I'm down around the 900's.

Got a letter last week mentioning the list and offering me tickets to the sweden game.
This never happened before and its making me hopeful that they dusted off the folder with all of us and plan giving us block bookings for Croker next year.

any thoughts on the ticket distribution for croker?

beautifulrock
01/02/2006, 12:41 PM
Check out the block booking thread on the "Fans" forum.

As it happens I got the same letter for the first time. Interested to know how you know your position on the block booking list. I have emailed the FAI for my position but as yet got no reply

onenilgameover
01/02/2006, 6:28 PM
If you are on the BB list and dont buy tickets you are not necessarilly knocked off the BB wait list. I was on the list for the last few years. I missed out on geting tickets for one game (croatia or bulgaria cant remember which) with the FAI system. I got them through Tic Master. Not thinking it would effect my list postion. However it did and it knocked me back a few hundred. ...a few of the lads on here got on the BB list soon after and I was wondering why not me? So I sent an email asking why I didn't get on (it was actually those that didnt take their allocation for the Brazil game that were told to talk a walk) making room for others....and I was told it was because I missed out on that game. So the anwser is as others have said, buy tickets for all games...you might find a buyer on here (face value) so ye wont be out of pocket if ye cant go. I'm on the BB list now in the West Upper but I'd prefer to be in the North Terrace I reckon.....Anyone know how they will work out seating arrangments for croker?

Don Vito
02/02/2006, 7:19 AM
I'm sick of this crap from the FAI, I was in 800's last time I chcked the waiting list. I've never received a letter from the FAI offering tickets for friendlies so I got on to them to see what the story was, all they did was keep insisting that they have been sending me letters. Its funny that the only letter I have recieved is the offer for the €7,000 tickets. Still no letter for Sweden game either.

griff77
07/02/2006, 10:32 AM
I'm on the waiting list and got the same letter for the Sweden tickets. I emailed last week asking for my position on the waiting list and was told I'm 1020. My bar code number was about 14,500 I think. I'm on it about a year and a half now so looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer.

beautifulrock
07/02/2006, 1:27 PM
Griff that makes sense, I am number 1270 odd on the waiting list and my reference number is 14800 ish, so 270ish behind you on both number. You must be on longer that a year and half though, I am sure I am well over the two yeas now.

griff77
08/02/2006, 8:50 AM
Yeah you could be right it could be longer than a year and a half I'm on it. Hopefully we'll get an offer for the tickets in Croker.

Eire06
08/02/2006, 9:30 AM
I got my letter on monday 30th Jan, post maked Friday 27th January...
Saying orders must be in by Friday 27th January.... :rolleyes:
Why am I not suprised!
Sent it off anyway with a note pointing out their error

Dotsy
08/02/2006, 12:40 PM
I got my letter on monday 30th Jan, post maked Friday 27th January...
Saying orders must be in by Friday 27th January.... :rolleyes:
Why am I not suprised!
Sent it off anyway with a note pointing out their error

Just as well you did. I received the letter offering the Brazil series of tickets four days after the deadline (sent out to me on the deadline day as well). Bought the tickets from Ticketmaster instead. Was never sent another offer of tickets after that until I bombarded them with emails pointing out it was their mistake. I had been taking tickets for every friendly before the Brazil game for three or four years. The Sweden match is the first match I have been offered tickets for since.

onenilgameover
08/02/2006, 1:21 PM
Just as well you did. I received the letter offering the Brazil series of tickets four days after the deadline (sent out to me on the deadline day as well). Bought the tickets from Ticketmaster instead. Was never sent another offer of tickets after that until I bombarded them with emails pointing out it was their mistake. I had been taking tickets for every friendly before the Brazil game for three or four years. The Sweden match is the first match I have been offered tickets for since.

good god thats pathetic!

had you changed address at all or anything?...They can screw ye over for tickets by their own mistakes...poor show!