PDA

View Full Version : Bamboooozle!

Tired&Emotional
17/01/2006, 8:46 AM
Anyone in Dublin listen to "Off the ball" on Newstalk106 last night?

The lads had done up a little clip of their own with some "disco" music and a voice-over clip from Stan's press conference. Whatever the sentence was I can't remember but when Stan says "Bamboozle" in his unique Louth accent it was hilarious...the lads did a bit of techie adjustment to it as well.....class!:p :D

Ya had to be there for it, as they say....but had to put it on the boards in recognition of it!

joeSoap
17/01/2006, 8:49 AM
So, Stans game plan is to turn us into World Footballs Del Boy's (http://www.answers.com/topic/bamboozle) :confused: :eek:

brine3
17/01/2006, 9:04 AM
here it is:

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1E8FEN2656CEP2FHDB4ZQ4VFWV

Tired&Emotional
17/01/2006, 9:23 AM
Nice one...!

mandrake
17/01/2006, 12:05 PM
or how about when he said this

'if the past was better I wouldn't be here!'

they creased themselves laughing at that.

NeilMcD
17/01/2006, 3:11 PM
To be fair they are a couple of knob heads on that show.

Tired&Emotional
17/01/2006, 3:45 PM
Only take them with a pinch-a-salt NeilMcD but they can be quite witty!:cool:

Greenbod
17/01/2006, 5:24 PM
To be fair they are a couple of knob heads on that show.

Exactly! I put those two and Hyland of the Herald in the same category.

jbyrne
17/01/2006, 5:30 PM

no no no..... hyland is miles worse.. absolute scum

NeilMcD
18/01/2006, 2:38 PM
Yeah Hyland terrible and so is Dervan and Gilroy is not as bad as the other knob on the show. He was licking Stauntons arse when he interviewed him and they he was all smarmy and taking the **** out of Staunton when he was off the phone.

Den Perry
18/01/2006, 4:04 PM
Yeah Hyland terrible and so is Dervan and Gilroy is not as bad as the other knob on the show. He was licking Stauntons arse when he interviewed him and they he was all smarmy and taking the **** out of Staunton when he was off the phone.

Without doubt the very worst journo is yer man Curtis from the Sunday World. He thinks he is so funny its sad. I steal a copy every week just to read the **** he comes out with....and its not even his viewpoint that gets to me ...its his sytle of writing. Anyone agree?

onenilgameover
18/01/2006, 7:43 PM

they can be annoying sometimes sure but the work they put in is admirable...sports radio would be poor without the show. I totally agree with the two faced stuff...but that tends to go with the job unfortunately.....

Greenbod
19/01/2006, 9:29 AM
they can be annoying sometimes sure but the work they put in is admirable...sports radio would be poor without the show. I totally agree with the two faced stuff...but that tends to go with the job unfortunately.....

I used to think I was cynical, until listening to some of the Gilroy/Earley bullschit. It puts me off listening to what could be a really good show (I think it's better when Gilroy's replacement does it (can't think of his name). Just can't put up with the level of sarcasm (lowest form of wit! when used constantly), smarminess and cynicism.