PDA

View Full Version : Green Party

Bald Student
17/01/2006, 5:51 AM
I voted for them in the last election, but this is clearly ridiculous:

http://www.greenparty.ie/en/news/latest_news/galloway_must_leave_big_brother_house

Galloway must leave Big Brother house

Issued: 16 January 2006

Statement by John Gormley

Spokesperson on Foreign Affairs, Defence, Health & Children

Green Party Chairman John Gormley TD said today that, “George Galloway is demeaning himself and discrediting the anti-war movement by remaining in the Big Brother House. In yesterday’s episode Mr Galloway argued with Mr Barrymore about the distribution of his cigars. This follows a previous programme where the anti war campaigner was asked to behave like a cat. How all of this is supposed to help the anti-war movement is beyond me. Mr Galloway should cut his losses immediately and get out of this freak show.”

“Mr Galloway is a brilliant orator and campaigner but these talents are not on display on Big Brother. His discussions on the war have been censored and instead he has been shown engaging in petty intrigues with other housemates. As an experienced politician George should know that recorded shows hand the initiative to the editor.”

“I say all this because I believe Mr Galloway has contributed enormously to the anti-war movement. I shared a platform with him in Trinity College and watched as he won over the audience with his passion and conviction. I believe he will regret his decision to participate in this awful programme,” concluded Deputy Gormley.

Tell a friend

finlma
17/01/2006, 9:12 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Galloway is a great politician but he is making a fool of himself by appearing on that rubbish tv show. How it can be considered entertainment is beyond me. Galloway is embarrasing himself and those who support him. I think he will lose his seat in the next election and rightly so - he's gone down a whole lot in my estimation and in a lot of other peoples.

Hang your head in shame George.

Risteard
17/01/2006, 9:28 AM
Releasing an official statement about a British mps actions is ridiculous.
What has it got to do with John Gormley?

pete
17/01/2006, 10:53 AM
Releasing an official statement about a British mps actions is ridiculous. What has it got to do with John Gormley?

Hard to take a political party seriously after releasing such a statement.

hamish
17/01/2006, 6:56 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Galloway is a great politician but he is making a fool of himself by appearing on that rubbish tv show. How it can be considered entertainment is beyond me. Galloway is embarrasing himself and those who support him. I think he will lose his seat in the next election and rightly so - he's gone down a whole lot in my estimation and in a lot of other peoples.

Hang your head in shame George.

Couldn't agree with you more finlma.

What a waste of talent and ability.

I think the man is a bit mad TBH

Risteard
17/01/2006, 8:59 PM
Hey dirty old man

Couldn't agree with you more finlma.

What a waste of talent and ability.

I think the man is a bit mad TBH
I think the point is what's it got to do with John Gormley.

I think there is something wrong with it finlma just like i'd think there'd be something wrong with David Cameron putting out an official statement on his parties website saying
"What's Bertie doing drinking in that awful pub while he's meant to be in Dail Eireann?
And why's his daughter going out with a dancer who can't sing?"
Its just seems a very strange thing to do.

hamish
18/01/2006, 12:15 AM
Hey dirty old man

I think the point is what's it got to do with John Gormley.

I think there is something wrong with it finlma just like i'd think there'd be something wrong with David Cameron putting out an official statement on his parties website saying
"What's Bertie doing drinking in that awful pub while he's meant to be in Dail Eireann?
And why's his daughter going out with a dancer who can't sing?"
Its just seems a very strange thing to do.

Yeah, forgot about that.

I suppose, given the Green Party's association with the international anti-war movement, they're embarrassed when one of its figureheads is making a tool of himself on a stupid TV show.

But, shouldn't the Green Party here be more pre-occupied by enlisting new members, uping their profile in various constituencies etc etc. In my East Galway constituency, they got something like 1,500 first preferences without any campaigning in the last general election and with the locals going nuts about verious superdumps being built around here, there hasn't been a peep out of them.:confused:

finlma
18/01/2006, 10:42 AM
Point taken Pete - it really shouldn't have anything to do with the Greens. I think they're a bit upset because its embarassing for the anti-war movement. Galloway is seen as one of the people at the forefront of this fight and he is making a show of himself and his supporters.