PDA

View Full Version : Richie Doyle Charity Night (in assoc. with the Irish Heart Foundation)

Roo69
16/01/2006, 3:40 PM
Hi Folks

Hopefully you lot can help me out with this.....

At present myself and Robbie Doyle (St. Patricks Athletic striker) are in the middle of organising a charity night on Wedensday 1st Feburary 2006, It is in assocation with the Irish Heart Foundation. I'm not sure if you are aware but, Richie Doyle, Robbie's brother and my cousin and lifetime best friend very suddenly passed away while playing football last April from S.A.D.S (Sudden Adult Death Syndrom) which was brought on by a heart condition. His story made the national newspapers at the time.

This is a heart breaking problem that more and more families are having to face up to on a much more regular basis in Ireland, one of the most infamous cases in Ireland of this was Armagh football captian, Conor McAnallen. An international case you might be fimilar with would be Marc Vivian Foe, the Cameroon international football who collasped on the pitch.

The idea of the night is to try raise awareness of this and to raise much needed funds to provide all local sports facilities with heart fibulators and to raise funds for a national screening centre. Something which could save many lives people in the months and years ahead.

The night will consist of live music, a massive raffle (prizes include LCD TV, American style fridge freezer, Washing Machine, Meal vouchers etc....) and a Sports Auction for the likes of Damien Duff's signed Chelsea Jersey, a signed Celtic Jersey, a signed Sunderland jersey, a signed Richard Dunne Man City Jersey, A Brian O'Driscoll Leinster Jersey, Signed Ireland Rubgy Jersey plus many more items.

If any of you lot fancy a great night out or wish to make a donation to this very worth cause you can either PM me or send me through an e-mail.

All the best and many thanks for taking time to read our e-mail.

Kind Regards

:ball: Anthony Rooney and Robbie Doyle :ball:

More Information about the night available here (http://foot.ie/inc/pdf/060116_Richie_Doyle_Charity_Night.pdf)

exile
18/01/2006, 4:52 PM
good stuff roo il be there

KK77
20/01/2006, 1:36 PM
Won't be home for this but how can i make a donation?

KR's Post
21/01/2006, 8:30 AM
The girlfriend and i will be there Anto if possible!

Stevo Da Gull
21/01/2006, 10:38 PM
With it being on a Wednesday it's unlikely, but Ill be there if I can. Best of luck with your endevours

Hulsey
24/01/2006, 12:06 PM
Good luck with the event. Hopefully I'll be able to make it, but with an early morning on a thursday in collage it might not be possable.

EnDai
27/01/2006, 8:34 AM
I'll hopefully get down.

Roo69
31/01/2006, 4:11 PM
If anybody wishes to make a donation you can do so by donating to this account

Bank Account Details:

Bank of Ireland,
Main Street,
Bray,
Co. Wicklow

A/C Number: 79590276

Sort Code: 90 - 10 - 36

Grasshopper 99
02/02/2006, 12:42 PM
Well done Roo last night, grat night and a great amount of money raised, Well done

NY Hoop
02/02/2006, 12:44 PM
Great crowd alright. How much as raised? Would it be an idea to this annually?

KOH

Hulsey
02/02/2006, 1:31 PM
Fair play on a great night roo. Raised a phenominal amount of money and it was well deserved.

Roo69
06/02/2006, 11:29 AM
Cheers Lads

Turned out so much better than we expected ! we raised over €60,000. We are planning another charity thingy for sometime in the summer, maybe a footie tournement or something, but yeah we want to run this every year.

Thanks again to all that turned up on the night and that donated to the charity.

Cheers

A

pete
06/02/2006, 9:57 PM
Unsticking... event over...

Magicme
07/02/2006, 12:04 PM
Congrats to all involved. I brought up your hurculean efforts at our Committee meeting last nite and we were all in awe of the amounts raised.

Well done Roo.