PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Game

Maz
15/01/2006, 5:26 PM
A game in memory of former Longford Town and Athlone Town player Shane Brennan will take place in Flancare Park on Friday January 20th at 7.45pm.

The game will see former Longford Town and Athlone Town players with some present Longford Town players take on an Irish Colleges Selection.

Magicme
20/01/2006, 9:55 AM
Just checking that this game is still going on. Myself and some mates are heading.

Also wondering where is good to go out in Longford after. Decided to make a nite of it! Any good niteclubs?

Ash
20/01/2006, 10:01 AM
Another memorial game between Longford Town and Athlone Town
will take place on Saturday 4th Feb in Flancare Park.

Magicme
20/01/2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah mite make that one too. Just not sure if I can yet.

Magicme
20/01/2006, 10:10 AM
Have never driven to Flancare so not sure how to get there....any help?

town73
20/01/2006, 11:50 AM
Have never driven to Flancare so not sure how to get there....any help?

There's a map on the club website (http://www.longfordtownfc.com/locate.htm)

Basically, when you go into the town, follow the direction signs for the N5/Castlebar.

Magicme
20/01/2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks. Look out for a mad looking yoke wearing a bright blue Monaghan United Jacket and give me a wave!

Anto McC
20/01/2006, 10:27 PM
Not a great crowd at all tonight!

Magicme
21/01/2006, 9:46 AM
Jaysus! Me and my mates were saying that there was a great crowd! But then we were shocked by the lack of bovine prescence.

RockofGibraltar
21/01/2006, 1:27 PM
What former town players played?

Longfordian
21/01/2006, 1:31 PM
Loads of them played, Vinny, Digger, Eric Lavine, Keith O'Connor, Paul McNally, Robbie Coyle, Mark Monaghan, Adrian Murphy,Tom Silke, Paul Perth off the top of my head..Richie Parsons and Zac Hackett too

Anto McC
21/01/2006, 1:50 PM
The biggest cheer of the night went to the tall,good looking bloke behind the goal who met a badly hit shot perfectly with his head and straight back to the goalkeeper it went........that bloke hapened to be me :D

Maz
21/01/2006, 2:08 PM
The biggest cheer of the night went to the tall,good looking bloke behind the goal who met a badly hit shot perfectly with his head and straight back to the goalkeeper it went........that bloke hapened to be me :D
Yawn....

I thought there would have been a lot more at the game last night but sure these things happen.

Actually meant to say earlier, i saw Mad Tom at the game last night, also this morning at about 7.30am as I was on my way to do my last exam :) in Maynooth, there is Mad Tom walking in the Dublin Rd....

KR's Post
21/01/2006, 2:32 PM
Yawn....

I thought there would have been a lot more at the game last night but sure these things happen.

Actually meant to say earlier, i saw Mad Tom at the game last night, also this morning at about 7.30am as I was on my way to do my last exam :) in Maynooth, there is Mad Tom walking in the Dublin Rd....

I just saw him in a bookies in Bray! He asked me the score of the Arsenal match! HA.....

Anto McC
21/01/2006, 4:13 PM
Good Aul Tom the Gom,i wasnt suprised to see him in Flancare at all last night!

KR's Post
21/01/2006, 4:28 PM
Cork Tom we call him!

Magicme
23/01/2006, 8:28 AM
Yeah saw Tom myself. Said hello to him but dont think he recognised me or maybe he doesnt like me! :eek:

So Anto....why werent u in Blue chatting me up after then!?

Monaghan United player Paul Whelan was playing on the DIT team and when he saw me there he probably thought I have started stalking him! Our senior team bus driver Noel was there too, he drove the DIT team and spotted me and came over to say hello. Felt right at home. Cant wait to make loads of trips to Longford when Mons get promoted this year....

observer
23/01/2006, 3:34 PM
Well done Anto you deserved your cheer for the best pass back ever seen in Flancare. The response echoed the goodwill athmosphere which was a feature of the night. Unlike some of you I thought there was a good turnout on the night. Usually such affairs attract very few and a gate of (I believe) €3,500 was excellent. The number of players and spectators who took the time to attend was a great reflection on the late Shane Brennan and a great tribute to his family. How he would have enjoyed being part of such a night.
His brother Stephen was captain for the night and it was great to see John Joe and Margaret getting into the team photo.
Well done to everybody involved. I understand that the proceeds are to go toward development of the 2nd pitch at Flancare which is being called after Shane.:)

KR's Post
23/01/2006, 3:41 PM

You're a girl!!!!!!???

Anto McC
23/01/2006, 4:43 PM

Thats because my girlfriend would kill me :eek: :o

Well done Anto you deserved your cheer for the best pass back ever seen in Flancare.

Thank you observer,watching some of the badly hit shots at the time,i said to my mate who was with me that if id have brought my shorts,I'd have probably got a game :D

All things aside,it was a very worthy cause and i was delighted i could contribute.

Magicme
23/01/2006, 7:51 PM
You're a girl!!!!!!???

No....am a WOMAN!

:D ;)