PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Friendlies?

Pages : [1] 2

dublinwanderer
15/01/2006, 12:28 PM
Are Bray having any? Any arranged? Seen most clubs have already organised their full schedule - none against bray! Anyone know if any have been arranged?:confused:

dublinwanderer
17/01/2006, 3:03 PM
hmm interesting......nothing:mad:

Cabinteelygull
17/01/2006, 5:13 PM
Mate you seriously need to relax:D however i do agree that we need friendlies, i hope that it dosent turn out like last year where several were arranged against lowly teams with a couple of weeks before the season, hardly great preparation!

dublinwanderer
18/01/2006, 1:13 PM
Mate you seriously need to relax:D however i do agree that we need friendlies, i hope that it dosent turn out like last year where several were arranged against lowly teams with a couple of weeks before the season, hardly great preparation!

i'm just getting ****ed off at the club. every year its the same ****. theres no ambition no nothing from the club. they need someone involved in the club to shake it up a bit and get stuff done...:ball:

dublinwanderer
18/01/2006, 1:26 PM
i spoke too soon - in eircom league section were down to play Rovers on Sun 19-2-06 yet to be confirmed........:D :D

Roo69
18/01/2006, 1:40 PM
i'm just getting ****ed off at the club. every year its the same ****. theres no ambition no nothing from the club. they need someone involved in the club to shake it up a bit and get stuff done...:ball:

Seriously, will ya give it a rest !

BrayZil
18/01/2006, 1:41 PM

Cabinteelygull is right you need to relax. People in the club are working really hard for next season and stuff is being done. Just give it time and I’m sure their will be announcements up on the official website soon.

superfrank
18/01/2006, 7:40 PM
You're beginning to sound like a Cork fan....maybe that's why you wore the Cork jersey on the bus before!!:D :D

Seriously though, I'm also a bit annoyed that there's been no announcements. Have they even confirmed the McGovern signing yet?

I know some people involved with the club and they do work hard. I just wish they was more info given out.

Grasshopper 99
19/01/2006, 10:36 AM
The club seem to be nothing, its like there not there anymore. Its not just dublin wanderer peeped off about it, everybody else is too.

KR's Post
21/01/2006, 10:47 AM
Don't worry lads the club is there and developments will be announced in the next couple of weeks. Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Grasshopper 99
23/01/2006, 9:51 AM
Been watching all pre-season and nothing, no point of getting our hopes up cause we will only be let down. Im going to try get a friendly arranged with a college, cant say which one and those who know dont say anything

BrayZil
09/02/2006, 11:02 AM
Bray Wanderers (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1)have sought approval for a friendly match against Athlone Town, to be played on Friday 17 February in the Carlisle Grounds (kick-off 7.45pm).

A second match, against Kilkenny City, is also planned. It would be on Tuesday 21 February, also probably in the Carlisle.

Ash
10/02/2006, 12:04 PM
We're due to play Dublin City on Sunday 19th so not
sure what the plan is for a game on the 17th in Bray

Edit: just found out its to see as much of our Hungarian
trialists before they head back home.

superfrank
16/02/2006, 4:21 PM
We will be playing Athlone on Friday night and then Kilkenny on Tuesday. 7.45 both nights.

-Bray-
16/02/2006, 11:37 PM
Is it free in?

centre mid
17/02/2006, 11:49 AM
No mention of it on the site - presume its free

BrayZil
17/02/2006, 2:43 PM
Not to sure myself, I presume it will be free in. Might be worth giving the club a call to check.

KR's Post
18/02/2006, 7:59 AM
2-0 defeat.... Not a good start.:eek:

Seagull
18/02/2006, 2:05 PM
2-0 defeat.... Not a good start.:eek:
They were awful, all the old failings obvious as ever- any word on Chopper's injury, it looked to be pretty bad?

KR's Post
18/02/2006, 3:28 PM
They were awful, all the old failings obvious as ever- any word on Chopper's injury, it looked to be pretty bad?
Me uncle Tarz said it's a broken ankle. Poor lad only getting back to fitness!

Roo69
18/02/2006, 5:41 PM
I would'nt read to much into last nights match, it's the 1st time most of them have kicked a ball in anger in nearly 3 months..... A few positives to be taken from the match but poor oul chopper ! FFS how injury prone can 1 player be, Fractured his ankle, he'll be out for quite some time i reckon. The trialist John Mulholland did'nt really impress me much, anyone know anything about him ? Dissapointed Robbie did'nt really get to play up front, spent most of the match switching from right to left wing with Ryaner, defo not his best position.

Match report here (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=492&Itemid=66)

sligoman
18/02/2006, 5:44 PM
2-0 to Athlone:eek:. I think the Athlone Town boss is putting a good squad together anyway so I wouldn't be too down about it. They'll surprise a few this season I think.

Roo69
18/02/2006, 5:50 PM
We were probably still the better side, 2 stupid goals, non-exsistant marking for the 1st and the 2nd came from a very poor header back to the keeper, fell well short, keeper came out and brought the striker down for a peno. We'll be grand come the start of the season.

Seagull
18/02/2006, 8:01 PM
We'll be grand come the start of the season.
Have to admire that confidence, but hard to know what it's based on! :D

sligoman
18/02/2006, 8:03 PM
Have to admire that confidence, but hard to know what it's based on! :DOptimism, which is what I'm basing our season on too:).

Roo69
18/02/2006, 10:58 PM
Have to admire that confidence, but hard to know what it's based on! :D

It would be based on the pre season that we had last season, absolutey shocking but the time the big kick-off came we found form, as i said most of the lads have'nt kicked a ball in 3 months so it bound to take time to settle back into the swing of things. Hopefully we will see an improvement on Tuesday against Killkenny

BrayZil
20/02/2006, 10:03 AM
It was a bad performance on Friday night but I wouldn't read too much into it. As Roo says it was the first game back after a few months off. The new keeper didn’t impress me much at all. I feel sorry for Chopper, he just has no luck at all. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Hulsey
20/02/2006, 11:14 AM
I thought Masterson looked quite usefull. The only mistake was the peno incident, where he was hardly helped by a very poor back pass. Nearly saved the peno and did nothing else wrong. We'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time with it being first game of pre-season and all;) , but have to remember that quite a few players didn't feature (Jody, Tarzan, Foxy, Weso) and Daz didn't start and they're all first teamers. Looking forward to Tuesday, anyone else watching the real match on then rather than that Arsenal Real Madrid rubbish:D .

superfrank
20/02/2006, 2:41 PM
It wasn't a great performance but, imo, the team looked very disorganised as if they were playing for the first time.

I was really impressed with Robbie. It's good thing he's not afraid to run at people, I think that's one thing we missed last season. He's a big attacking threat. Anytime he got the ball I thought we'd create something.

Can't go tomorrow night, I have to babysit. :(

Seagull
20/02/2006, 7:20 PM
Anytime he got the ball I thought we'd create something.

Thought in vain...

Roo69
22/02/2006, 11:33 AM
1 all Vs. Kilkenny last night, bad game in fcuking horrible weather ! twas absolutey freezing, looked like everyone stayed at home to watch there beloved Liverpool and Arsenal instead.

Zayed scored a great header for Bray, Kilkenny's goal was very scrappy, goalkeeping mistake from Young.

Hulsey
22/02/2006, 12:45 PM
Ah well, it was worth standing in the freezing cold to witness the rarity which is a headed goal by Eamo!

Roo69
22/02/2006, 1:24 PM
Ah well, it was worth standing in the freezing cold to witness the rarity which is a headed goal by Eamo!

Yep your right there ! Trying to remember another headed goal by him ?

Fenlon was there aswell, dont think he'll have lost any sleep over that preformance by us :D

Ryaner played pretty well again, great to see.

superfrank
22/02/2006, 2:39 PM
Yep your right there ! Trying to remember another headed goal by him ?
Waterford last season. A free header about two yards out.

Hulsey
23/02/2006, 11:31 AM
Waterford last season. A free header about two yards out.
I missed that one:mad: ! He scored that after 22 mins (making it 2-1). I got to the gound just in time to hear the pa announcement of the goal, and was not in the stand with the rest of you's:mad: , and had to watch the game with the sun in my eyes from the railings over the far side cos my mate was too cheap to pay for the stand:mad: . Thats the end of my needless off topic rant. Saw it on el weekly though and he still nearly missed it!

A face
23/02/2006, 3:40 PM
Kilkenny game result ??

Roo69
23/02/2006, 6:35 PM
1 all Vs. Kilkenny last night, bad game in fcuking horrible weather ! twas absolutey freezing, looked like everyone stayed at home to watch there beloved Liverpool and Arsenal instead.

Zayed scored a great header for Bray, Kilkenny's goal was very scrappy, goalkeeping mistake from Young.

Result above

Roo69
26/02/2006, 4:43 PM
Bunclody 1-3 Bray Wanderers

Goals came from Tarzan, Lacey and new under 21 signing Faramond (signed from Garda and defo one to watch !)

Hulsey
27/02/2006, 11:53 AM
Saw the result on Teletext and those helpfull lot stated thet K. O' Brien scored:rolleyes: . Last time I checked we had two K. O' Briens (not that I thought Kev scored but thats beside the point). Couldn't make it down due to work, anyone go down? What was the team & performance like? Is the new lad a striker?

Roo69
28/02/2006, 11:27 AM
Lads and lassies

Bray are playing Bohs U21 tonight (Tuesday 28th) @7.45 in the CG.

Seagull
28/02/2006, 4:16 PM
See a John McShane on the team list against Bunclody- is he anything to Paul McShane, currently at Brighton?

Roo69
28/02/2006, 4:26 PM
See a John McShane on the team list against Bunclody- is he anything to Paul McShane, currently at Brighton?

Yep it's his brother, plays centre half as well. They look or play NOTHING alike :D

Roo69
01/03/2006, 8:24 AM
Bray beat Bohs U21 1-0 last night, Robbie Doyle scored his 1st goal since returning to Bray, Super goal as well. We should have won by more but the wind was shocking and it was absolutey ice cold.....

Cian Connolly was playing only his 2nd game for us, right sided midfielder, looks very useful, worked his socks off and made some good solid challanges, Ali Farahmand also made a 2nd half substitute apperence which lasted about 10 minutes, again he looked very useful. Good pace and bags of skill, really looking forward to see him on a regular basis. He had to be helped off the pitch with what looked like a hamstring problem.

Hulsey
01/03/2006, 11:01 AM
Bray beat Bohs U21 1-0 last night, Robbie Doyle scored his 1st goal since returning to Bray, Super goal as well. We should have won by more but the wind was shocking and it was absolutey ice cold.....

Cian Connolly was playing only his 2nd game for us, right sided midfielder, looks very useful, worked his socks off and made some good solid challanges, Ali Farahmand also made a 2nd half substitute apperence which lasted about 10 minutes, again he looked very useful. Good pace and bags of skill, really looking forward to see him on a regular basis. He had to be helped off the pitch with what looked like a hamstring problem.
Last night was my first look at Connolly and Farahmand and have to say I'm well impressed with both. Could very well become first teamers as the season develops. Hopefully Ali's injury isn't that bad. Must have only been about 30 people there. Where was everyone? You's missed Robbie's first goal since his return. Took it well too.

Roo69
01/03/2006, 11:11 AM
Last night was my first look at Connolly and Farahmand and have to say I'm well impressed with both. Could very well become first teamers as the season develops. Hopefully Ali's injury isn't that bad. Must have only been about 30 people there. Where was everyone? You's missed Robbie's first goal since his return. Took it well too.

Yeah looking forward to seeing more of Connolly and Farahmand, good players who could well force there way into the team during the season. Best of luck to them ! Don't think that many people knew the match was on being honest.......

Hulsey
02/03/2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah looking forward to seeing more of Connolly and Farahmand, good players who could well force there way into the team during the season. Best of luck to them ! Don't think that many people knew the match was on being honest.......
I only found out about the game at about half 6 on the night! My da got an e-mail about it, but that said it was Bray 21s v Bohs 21s:D . I reckon Tarzan may be slightly over that age bracket:D .

Kildare Lad
05/03/2006, 2:02 PM
Did Kildare County play yee today (Sunday)? I heard we were supposed to be playing in the carlisle at 12:00, but it wasnt official so didnt bother going. What was the score?

Roo69
05/03/2006, 2:10 PM
Did Kildare County play yee today (Sunday)? I heard we were supposed to be playing in the carlisle at 12:00, but it wasnt official so didnt bother going. What was the score?

Yep you did indeed, Bray won 4-2. Not a bad oul game. Goal scorers for Bray were Robbie Doyle (2), Eamon Zayed and Stephen Fox.

It was Jody Lynch's 1st game back from injury and he lasted about 5 minutes, very late challange from the Kildare left wing, hopefully he'll be ok though.

superfrank
05/03/2006, 3:06 PM
Goal scorers for Bray were Robbie Doyle (2), Eamon Zayed and Stephen Fox.

It was Jody Lynch's 1st game back from injury and he lasted about 5 minutes, very late challange from the Kildare left wing, hopefully he'll be ok though.
A mix of good and bad news.

Good to see Robbie, Eamo and Foxy scoring. Bad to see Lynch injured. Was it his ankle?? :(

Roo69
05/03/2006, 4:44 PM
A mix of good and bad news.

Good to see Robbie, Eamo and Foxy scoring. Bad to see Lynch injured. Was it his ankle?? :(

Yeah looked like his foot/ankle, he walked off, well kinda hobbeled off so at least thats something...... he looked sooooooo p*ssed off