PDA

View Full Version : Dolan

Pages : [1] 2

bluemovie
14/01/2006, 3:00 PM
Has anyone heard about Pat Dolan going to Limerick? Story in Waterford at the moment is that he has joined Limerick and is taking half our team there - Purcell, Vinny Sullivan, Kevin Waters, maybe Heffernan. We're panicked here. We're supposed to be the Premier Division club!

gael353
14/01/2006, 5:35 PM
Would be good if true (for our sakes naturally) maybe thats why we've been so quite on the transfer front, although i belive that Dave Wall from fairview? is arriving tonight. On ye're side i believe ye're budget is far less then say...the top 4 first division sides last season. Paddy Purcell to Pats and Colin Heffernan to cork city....

lim abroad
14/01/2006, 7:21 PM
didn't dolan sign purcell for pats a few years back,would be great if we could get those players

A face
14/01/2006, 7:23 PM
Dolans Track record :eek:

Pats: Hated with a passion
Cork: Hated with a passion
Waterford: Hated with a passion
Limerick: .... the jury is still out !!

He is fast becoming Irish Footballs biggest (most infamous) hate figure !!

Limerick did have hope at one stage it seemed. Pity .... could have really went well.

LFC in Exile
15/01/2006, 3:06 PM

Limerick did have hope at one stage it seemed. Pity .... could have really went well.

Cork - the league won with his team. But I guess his shenanigans since then have turned a lot of fans against him. Waterford - he kept them up last season. Why would they hate him?

I have not heard rumours of Dolan coming to Limerick but I have heard about serious player unrest at Waterford and that a lot of players are very unhappy (not with Kerley but with offers being made by the club to them). And apparently there will be a lot of players leaving (or so I heard).

See lads, it isn't just Limerick that has frictions between players and management (in the broad sense). :ball:

bluemovie
15/01/2006, 3:49 PM
We love Dolan in Waterford.

Mental Man
15/01/2006, 4:03 PM
were still trying to get things confirmed down here,but it looks like the parasite Dolan was tapping up players here and teling them not to sign contracts.
BEWARE LADS,YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED,
Thats the 3rd club he has now done it too.

hamish
15/01/2006, 4:27 PM
Lads, what is the problem with Dolan? Not trying to stir things up or anything but there seems to be hassle everywhere he goes.
Is it his coaching methods? Or has it something to do with finance? Or is he just a messer? What type of messing does he do at clubs?

Anyone know?:confused:

Kerry Blue
15/01/2006, 5:45 PM
Just like many things with Limerick this seems to be deja vu. Was it not this time last year that Dolan was supposed to be joining the club and now it's been mentioned again. It will be interesting to see whether there is any more truth in the story this time as there was last year. One thing for sure is that he can hardly be worse than NOC but then there seems to be a lot of people on hear that reckon we'd be better off without him.:confused:

A face
15/01/2006, 6:06 PM
were still trying to get things confirmed down here,but it looks like the parasite Dolan was tapping up players here and teling them not to sign contracts.
BEWARE LADS,YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED,
Thats the 3rd club he has now done it too.

We love Dolan in Waterford.

Do you like him raping your club of players .... you have two left at the moment isn't that right. Waterfords favourite person !!

Mental Man
15/01/2006, 7:15 PM
"Waterfords favourite person" . If he shows his face near the RSC he will be lynched :mad:
One of our own lads is in the army and even he has threatened to shoot him, that will give you an idea of the feelings down here.

sligoman
15/01/2006, 10:46 PM
Funny how only a few short months ago, a load of Waterford fans had "Dolan is a legend" in their signatures:D.

Mental Man
16/01/2006, 7:46 AM
A few months is a long time in football, ye should know that by now!!!

SHOOT TO KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LFC in Exile
16/01/2006, 8:46 AM
One of our own lads is in the army and even he has threatened to shoot him, that will give you an idea of the feelings down here.

And not even the irish army could miss a target that big. :)

ccfcman
16/01/2006, 9:26 AM
Cork - the league won with his team.

With players like Ryan Casey, Nwankwo.....

Oh waaaait!

Its Liam Murphy's team if anyone's you deluded muppet

A face
16/01/2006, 9:29 AM

Andy Packer, Kevin Murray, etc. ..... Dolans team my árse.

Colm
16/01/2006, 9:48 AM
Dolan would do an amazing job with Limerick, they really need someone like Dolan there to try and stir up a bit of passion in the City and get the general public interested.

Don't mind the few bitter City fans, they turned on Rico in the same way 10 years ago when he left and took Pat Morley with him. The more calm and sensible amongst us like both Dolan and Rico still though.:)
Dolan did a great job at City, won a few leagues at Pats and worked a miracle to keep Waterford up so it anyone can win promotion for Limerick it's him.:ball:

A face
16/01/2006, 9:54 AM
Dolan would do an amazing job with Limerick, they really need someone like Dolan there to try and stir up a bit of passion in the City and get the general public interested.

Don't mind the few bitter City fans, they turned on Rico in the same way 10 years ago when he left and took Pat Morley with him. The more calm and sensible amongst us like both Dolan and Rico still though.:)
Dolan did a great job at City, won a few leagues at Pats and worked a miracle to keep Waterford up so it anyone can win promotion for Limerick it's him.:ball:

Dolanite alert !! :eek:

Colm
16/01/2006, 10:00 AM
Dolanite alert !!

:D

Anti-Dolanite alert!!:p :D

A face
16/01/2006, 10:04 AM
:D

Anti-Dolanite alert!! :D

Come on ... you're being silly now !! :p

pete
16/01/2006, 11:36 AM
If Limerick take Dolan i;m willing to make a contribution to his wages...

sadloserkid
16/01/2006, 11:38 AM
If Limerick take Dolan I'd be willing to engage in a Lim Til I Die style dalliance with other clubs! ;)

declan hide
16/01/2006, 12:46 PM
If Limerick take Dolan i;m willing to make a contribution to his wages...

why is that?

LFC in Exile
16/01/2006, 12:56 PM
I'd let Lucifer or Ollie Byrne himself takeover if it meant we got back to the top. (Although Jebus would tell you that's already happened). :)

LFC in Exile
16/01/2006, 12:58 PM
Seriously, I think Dolan would be a great signing for the club. As Colm pointed out he would be great at stirring up interest in the club among a largely apathetic public. And he did build a great side at Cork. :ball:

LFC in Exile
16/01/2006, 1:09 PM

Oh waaaait!

I could have sworn that Dolan signed O'Callaghan, O'Flynn, Gamble, Murphy, Kearney, Doyle, Dan Murray or basically the guts of the team that won the league. He may also have signed Nwankwo and Ryan Casey but there was enough a fair bit of sh1t left lying around when he arrived too.

pete
16/01/2006, 2:41 PM
why is that?

So he'd have something to fill his days with & keep him busy away from CCFC.

Pablo
16/01/2006, 2:43 PM
I could have sworn that Dolan signed O'Callaghan, O'Flynn, Gamble, Murphy, Kearney, Doyle, Dan Murray or basically the guts of the team that won the league. He may also have signed Nwankwo and Ryan Casey but there was enough a fair bit of sh1t left lying around when he arrived too.

he didnt sign O'Callaghan, O'Flynn, Dan Murray or Danny Murphy

he did sign Gamble but he's have come to City anyway. i'll give him Doyle.

declan hide
16/01/2006, 3:58 PM
don't know where you got your info about dave wall arriving.

but i can tell you that he knew nothing about it when asked:confused:

thats only a minor detail :D

bluemovie
16/01/2006, 5:12 PM
Has there been any confirmation about Dolan from the Limerick end?

SÓC
16/01/2006, 5:18 PM
Cork - the league won with his team

Sorry now but no team of Dolan's ever played the type of football that City now play under Rico.

Dont get me wrong I think Dolan is a good manager but a bit of a route one merchant. It makes me laugh when people say his team, the players are similar to what Rico and Gunther had but the way they play are unrecognisable from each other

pete
16/01/2006, 5:33 PM
Sorry now but no team of Dolan's ever played the type of football that City now play under Rico.

Yeah Dolan did sign some of the players but even in last 10-12 game unbeaten run at the end of 2004 season those players never played with as much confidence as 2005. Dolan did develop the players but Rico took to a new level.

Unreal Madrid
17/01/2006, 1:50 AM
Bad move on the part of NOC if Dolan arrives to give him a hand. If all goes well, Dolan will get the credit and it will be NOC out as he should have done better before Dolan arrived. If it goes pear shaped, it will be NOC out to make way for Dolan anyway. He would be in a no win situation.

So lads, Kerley doing a great job at the Blas. He has signed 4 players so far. Strongly agree with the first maybe on this thread ;)

Poor Student
17/01/2006, 11:18 AM
So lads, Kerley doing a great job at the Blas. He has signed 4 players so far.

He has? Who?:confused:

Lim till i die
18/01/2006, 11:28 AM
If Limerick take Dolan I'd be willing to engage in a Lim Til I Die style dalliance with other clubs! ;)

That photo was taken OUT OF CONTEXT!! :eek: :o

Conor H
20/01/2006, 3:02 PM
So lads is Dolan pretty much cert to be with yee soon or not?If ya then id have to put yee up there in the pack next year....otherwise i can't see yee doing much tbh.

Kerry Blue
20/01/2006, 5:22 PM
According to a report in one of today's papers (if you can believe it) Dolan is travelling to Limerick tonight (Friday) for discussions with the club to come on board as an advisor for NOC. I presume it's what he did at Waterford last year.
Dolan is quoted as saying:
"I will go down Friday evening and take a look around. Limerick is the third biggest city in the country yet have not made a serious impact in the league in 20 years. If I feel I can help change that along with Noel, then hopefully we can come to some sort of arrangement."

NOC was quoted:
"I spent two years as Pat's assistant at Cork City and learned a lot. He has the experience to take Limerick to a higher level."

coislaoi
20/01/2006, 6:07 PM
I'm not a Dolan fan particularly after the way things have gone since he left us. There is no doubt though that he will give you a short-term boost. He is a pretty impressive motivator (as he showed with Waterford).

However, do NOT under any circumstances, let him near any money. Danny Drew and whoever is running the club with him should agree that with Dolan up front otherwise ye are fúcked. If he is given the chance he will bleed ye dry and head off into the sunset. Thankfully Lennox booted him out before he had a chance to do that with us.

Westside
22/01/2006, 9:26 AM
. If he is given the chance he will bleed ye dry and head off into the sunset. Thankfully Lennox booted him out before he had a chance to do that with us.Exactlly how did he bleed you dry, if your referring to having to honour his contract after ye sacked him then he was completely entitled to it. Maybe if ye didn't sack him ya wouldn't have had to sell Doyle & Long for a pittance to compensate him. :D :D

gael353
22/01/2006, 1:24 PM
I for one would welcome Dolan, simply because hes a high profile name which we havent got anywhere near our team or club (apart from me of course). It will be his hardest job ever though, trying to bring in funds for the club. Players want to join limerick but they also want to see someone "famous" their to entice them to join, NOC im afraid doesnt have that draw.

As for Kerley at waterford i think hes been dealt a bad hand.His budget is low and he cant afford to sign any good players, or resign any good ones from last season. He did IMO make a mistake in not appointing a local NO 2, Lovelle was a mistake. Wouldnt be surprised if he isnt there at the start of the season. Anyone with info on Robbie? seemed to be loads a few weeks ago when he was "never gonna play for the club again", whats the story now?

gaidin
23/01/2006, 10:10 AM
Anyone with info on Robbie? seemed to be loads a few weeks ago when he was "never gonna play for the club again", whats the story now?

Only thing I know is that he hasnt resumed training with the rest of the squad. But that could be cos of work commitments or something else.

Unreal Madrid
23/01/2006, 2:11 PM
[QUOTE=gael353]
As for Kerley at Waterford i think hes been dealt a bad hand.QUOTE]

What!!!! He went for the job and was ''very happy with the set up both on and off the pitch'' He knew what the situation was when he accepted the position (and if he did not it just goes to show the lack of experience he has in getting all the info up front) I think the blas are taking a chance on him rather than the other way around. It's a bit early to be protecting the great Mike Kerley

I dont think he should have got a local to be his number 2. Mike needs someone who he can trust and seek advise from but Lovell :eek: . If you think Dolan has an ego :o

jebus
25/01/2006, 1:00 PM
Well we made the back page of the Sun today lads, apparantly the Dolan deal is all but done as he has verbally agreed to sign on and should do so in the coming days. Not too sure if Dolan will be a good thing as he does seem to cause a bit too scandal wherever he goes, and God only knows thats the last thing we need. That said interest in Limerick FC should be spiked in the city for the short term at least, and what with the Junkies dropping into our division this year we should be looking at some decent crowds at Hogan (assuming the local kids don't want to go bush drinking with the Priest there on Friday nights)

superhero
25/01/2006, 1:22 PM
Pat Dolan meeting with DD and Mr. Judge in Finnegans recently

shelbourne1904
27/01/2006, 3:04 PM

Why the above what did he do that they are all supposed to hate him????

joeSoap
27/01/2006, 3:15 PM
Why the above what did he do that they are all supposed to hate him????
He brought them all success....the bas tard !!! ;) :confused:

A face
30/01/2006, 1:16 AM
He brought them all success....the bas tard !!! ;) :confused:

I'd say you are wrong there some how !! :rolleyes:

joeSoap
30/01/2006, 8:44 AM
I'd say you are wrong there some how !! :rolleyes:
St Pats....2 league titles...success
Cork City...built a league winning team before getting shafted, clubs best ever european run, dramatically put bums on seats(in some cases, literally) and increased the clubs profile big time...oh, and a Munster Senior Cup or two....success.
Waterford: Comes in as a consultant when the club were practically relegated, dead and buried..Waterford stay up, financially guaranteeing the future of one of Irelands oldest and most famous clubs....success.

Where am I wrong??:rolleyes:

Lim till i die
30/01/2006, 8:52 AM
Where am I wrong??:rolleyes:

See that bit where you disagreed with the Cork propaganda ;) :p

Anyway, is anyone else getting worried about Dolans stalling? Not because of my undying love for Pat Dolan you understand, it's just I reckon the guy would have pretty good reasons for not signing... Ahem, lease... Ahem, up S hit creek, no paddle.....

Risteard
02/02/2006, 12:35 PM
So whats the latest?
He wanting big money?