PDA

View Full Version : Final League standings for 2006 season

Pages : [1] 2

RockofGibraltar
14/01/2006, 2:49 PM
Anyone hazzard a guess at the final league standings for the coming season?

I reckon:

1. Shels
2. Cork
3. Derry
4. Drogs
5. Longford
6. Bohs
7. UCD
8. Sligo
9. St.Pats
10. Bray
11. Dublin City
12. Waterford

sligoman
14/01/2006, 2:56 PM
1. Shelbourne
2. Derry City
3. Cork City
4. Bohemians
5. Drogheda United
6. U.C.D.
7. Sligo Rovers(I can be hopeful:))
8. Bray Wanderers
9. St.Patrick's Athletic
10. Longford Town
11. Waterford United
12. Dublin City

RockofGibraltar
14/01/2006, 2:59 PM
i know a lot of people reckon that we will have a poor season this year, I cant see us finishing below about 8th so I think you are being a little harsh there sligoman

gustavo
14/01/2006, 3:01 PM
1. Shelbourne
2. Derry City
3. Cork City
4. Drogheda United
5.Bohemians
6. ucd
7. Longford Town
8. Bray Wanderers
9. St.Pats
10. Sligo Rovers
11. Dublin City
12. Waterford United

Speranza
14/01/2006, 3:05 PM
Last year I felt we needed someone to accompany Pizza in the centre of defence as Delaney is a risk at times. We have got Oman and I'm confident he'll do the job. With the arrival of Kevin Mc Hugh to boost an already superb front line I think we will be top-two with a good chance of coming out on top.

Have seen many posters say last year was a fluke but a team doesn't amass that amount of points on a fluke.

1. City
2. Cork
3. $hels
4. Drogs
5. Bohs
6. UCD
7. Bray
8. Sligo
9. Pats
10. Dublin City
11. Longford
12. Waterford

Think the problem at $hels last season was the presence of a lot of unsavoury characters illustrated by bickering on the pitch against us in the cup. They are still there and with one new addition I really can't see them featuring.

Cork or us for the title.

sligoman
14/01/2006, 3:06 PM
I think you are being a little harsh there sligomanWell it's up to ye to prove me wrong then:D.

RockofGibraltar
14/01/2006, 3:07 PM
please god! :cool:

adamcarr
14/01/2006, 3:31 PM
1. Shels
2. CCFC
3. Derry
4. Drogs
5. Bohs
6. UCD
7. Longford
8. Sligo
9. Bray
10. Pats
11. Wateford
12. Dublin City

Maz
14/01/2006, 3:36 PM
1. Shels
2. Derry City
3. Cork City
4. Drogheda United
5. Bohs
6. Longford Town
7. U.C.D
8. St. Patrick's Athletic
9. Bray Wanderers
10. Sligo Rovers
11.Waterford United
12 Dublin City

Roverstillidie
14/01/2006, 4:14 PM
1. Derry City
2. Cork City
3. Drogheda United
4. Shels
5. Longford Town
6. Bray Wanderers
7. U.C.D
8. Bohs
9. Sligs
10. Home Farm
11. Pats
12 Waterford United

Rovers and Galway up.

sligoman
14/01/2006, 4:23 PM
9. Sligs
10. Home FarmI didn't know such teams existed:rolleyes:.

Roverstillidie
14/01/2006, 4:33 PM
I didn't know such teams existed:rolleyes:.

read your own sig you confused mucksavage :rolleyes:

RockofGibraltar
14/01/2006, 4:39 PM
never mind him sligoman, hes just annoyed cos his team is in the 1st division

Conor H
14/01/2006, 4:53 PM
1 Derry
2 Sels
3 Cork
4 Drogheda
5 Bohs
6 Longford
7 Bray Wanderers
8 ST.Pats
9 Waterford
10 Dublin City
11 UCD
12 Sligo

Me picking Sligo to come last is for no other reason than that of they have made little signings.;)

RockofGibraltar
14/01/2006, 4:56 PM
Sligo definitely have a better squad than both waterford and dublin city so they will definitley stay up imo

blutil
14/01/2006, 5:13 PM
Derry
Shels
Bohs
Cork
Drogheda
St.Pats
UCD
Longford
Sligo
Waterford
Dublin City
Bray Wanderers

Derek
14/01/2006, 5:58 PM
1. Cork
2. Shels
3. Nordies
4. Drogs
5. Longford
6. Dublin City
7. Boez
8. Sligo
9. Students
10. Pats
11. Seagulls
12. Waterford

That's right, I said Dublin City in sixth and I'm not joking either, I reckon we will be the surprize package this season. Mark my words.

I hope this does not come back to haunt me at the end of the season.

Raheny Red
14/01/2006, 6:23 PM
Yes, I too think DCFC will be the surprise package this season. However, I don't think they will finish as high as 6th. Although, maybe the League Cup champions??:confused: :confused:

Poor Student
14/01/2006, 6:30 PM
It's too early to be making finishing predictions. As of yet Waterford haven't added a single player. Is it due to poor finances or what? If they have signed no one by the season's start you'd probably tip them to go down particularly minus Dolan. I am worried about UCD being put so high up the list, I'm not sure why people have such confidence in us. I prefer us being underdogs. I reckon our lack of firepower will see us down near the bottom.

Anto McC
14/01/2006, 6:59 PM
I'll predict the top 6 anyway

1.Cork
2.Shels
3.Drogs
4.Bohs
5.Derry
6.Longford

Roverstillidie
14/01/2006, 7:07 PM
why are people giving bohs top 4 finishes?

Dyl10
14/01/2006, 7:08 PM
1. Drogs
2. Shels
3. Derry
4. Cork
5. Bohs
6. Sligo
7. Longford
8. Dublin City
9. UCD
10. Waterford
11. Bray
12. Pats

A bit differant but yeh thats my prediciton

Speranza
14/01/2006, 7:19 PM
Nordies

:rolleyes:

I think a huge gap is developing in the quality of the top 4/5 and the rest of the division and I can't see it narrowing anytime soon.

Roverstillidie
14/01/2006, 7:27 PM
:rolleyes:

I think a huge gap is developing in the quality of the top 4/5 and the rest of the division and I can't see it narrowing anytime soon.

same happens every year. no-one ever sustains their place in the top 4 for too long. look at Rovers, Pats and Dundalk. All league winners in the last 10 years or so.

jorge
14/01/2006, 10:08 PM
1.Cork
2.Shels
3.Drogheda
4.Derry
5.Sligo
6.Bohs
7.Longford Town
8.St.Pats
9.Bray
10.Waterford
11.UCD
12.Dublin City

Red4Eva
14/01/2006, 11:40 PM
1.Shels
2.Cork
3.Drogs
4.Derry
5.Seanie Connor's red and white army
6.Bohs
7.Bray
8.Dublin City
9.Waterford
10.Bray
11.Pat's
12.Longford

Might seem a bit over confident but with 14 full time players we should aiming high and believe we have the hardest working and best manager in the eL.

1 9 2 8
15/01/2006, 1:23 AM
[QUOTE=Derek]6. Dublin City
[QUOTE]
You’re still living in an illusion lad

pineapple stu
15/01/2006, 2:18 AM
7.Bray
10.Bray

Do UCD finish 7th or 10th then? ;)

Surprised at the confidence in us, to be honest! My predictions, with commentary...

1) Shelbourne
Underachieved last season, but I think they showed what they're capable of in the final third and were still only a few points off the title. Only the InterToto to distract them - may well reclaim the title.
2) Cork
Decent team last year, particularly in Europe. Should be as good next year, though retaining the title is always hard.
3) Derry
Can't see this year being a fluke. Extra games (Setanta and Europe) may hit them, but they should be there or there abouts. That said, the top three have yet to make any real signings; I expect the three of them to be close together and a bit ahead of the rest though.
4) Drogheda
A bit behind with no real challenge, like this year. Their signings to date don't inspire confidence - being bank-rolled as they are, they should be looking higher than rejects from other clubs.
5) Bohs
Really don't see who else, to be honest - process of elimination, if you want. A decent team when they want to be - no reason they can't match last season anyway.
6) UCD
See above, really. I think we flattered to deceive last year and can improve; a bit of "my club" about it, but I also don't think any of the other teams have really improved to enough to warrant a top-half finish...
7) Longford
Lost too many crucial players - i.e. defenders - which may cost them given the heavy reliance they place on defence. O'Brien, Dillon and Ferguson haven't been replaced as yet, and I can't see them coming as high as last year.
8) Bray
Surprise package of last year; haven't lost anyone of note, and have gotten Zayed and Charles back. No reason not to go with them this high.
9) Sligo
Was tempted to nominate them for top half and surprise package, but they've been very quiet in the transfer front. The club has potential, but they need to utilise that, obviously. Still, can set a decent foundation for a top-half challenge on 2007.
10) Waterford
Lost a lot of players and also, significantly, Dolan. I don't see why they should be financially more secure than last year either. Would have gone down other than for Dolan last season - without him, a long struggle is on the cards.
11) Pat's
Have no idea why McDonnell's been offered a two-year contract. Appear to be in financial trouble as well. Only avoided the play-off last year due to Rovers' points deduction - can see a similar story for them again this year.
12) Dublin City
Seem to have bought in quantity, not quality (bar Micko). Very average season last year in the First Division and history is stacked against them. Can't see them staying up, to be honest.

RockofGibraltar
15/01/2006, 10:13 AM
1.Shels
2.Cork
3.Drogs
4.Derry
5.Seanie Connor's red and white army
6.Bohs
7.Bray
8.Dublin City
9.Waterford
10.Bray
11.Pat's
12.Longford

Might seem a bit over confident but with 14 full time players we should aiming high and believe we have the hardest working and best manager in the eL.

I think if u swapped yourselves and ourselves, that would be a bit more accurate.
If you think abou it lads, we've only lost 2 players from lat season, Sean Dillon and stephen o'brien. Ferguson was suspended most of the time so I dont think he'll be missed. After all, we have Danny O'Connor and Stephen Paisley to come in anyway, dont write us off yet lads

dublinwanderer
15/01/2006, 12:41 PM
1. Derry:D
2. Shels
3. Drogs
4. Cork:p
5. Bohs
6. Longford
7. Bray :o
8. Pats
9. UCD
10. Dublin
11. Waterford
12. Sligo

league will split the top half has too much quality - anything can happen at the bottom but that is my guess......

Blue Man
15/01/2006, 2:14 PM
1. Derry:D
2. Shels
3. Drogs
4. Cork:p
5. Bohs
6. Longford
7. Bray :o
8. Pats
9. UCD
10. Dublin
11. Waterford
12. Sligo

league will split the top half has too much quality - anything can happen at the bottom but that is my guess......

Good to see someone thinks we'll stay up.Cheers dublinwanderer

1. Shels
2. Cork
3. Drogheda
4. Derry City
5. Bohs
6. Longford
7. Bray
8. Dublin City
9. Pats
10. UCD
11. Sligo
12. Waterford

Iorfa
15/01/2006, 7:33 PM
1) Cork
2) Shels
3) Drogs
4) Derry
5) Bohs
6) Pat's
7) Dublin City
8) Longford
9) UCD
10) Sligo
11) Blues
12) Bray

harry crumb
15/01/2006, 8:52 PM
1. Shels
2. Cork City
3. Drogheda
4. Derry City
5. Bohs
6. UCD
7. Dublin City
8. Longford
9. St. Pats
10. Bray
11. Sligo
12. Waterford

Red4Eva
15/01/2006, 10:07 PM
glad to see there's some ppl writin us off at last which they are entitled to do. just bcos we havent signed many yet doesn't mean we're not gonna sign any1(english transfer window only opened 2 wks ago). our manager won't sign any auld random eircom league sh*t players like other lazy managers

Speranza
15/01/2006, 10:21 PM
Sligo fans showing the same delusionary thinking Harps did last year. :rolleyes:

sligoman
15/01/2006, 10:29 PM
Sligo fans showing the same delusionary thinking Harps did last year. :rolleyes:Don't say Sligo fans when it's just one of us who said it;).

Breifne
16/01/2006, 12:18 AM
Amazed by how high Dublin City seem to be on most lists.

My list for what its worth is

1 Derry City (Kenny is the best manager in the league)
2 Shelbourne (Last year was a blip on their copybook)
3 Cork City (Think last years success along with a semi respectable euro run will mean they take their eye off the ball a little - 3rd round in CL and final of Setanta Sports Cup)
4 Drogheda United (Might close the gap a little, but not much)
5 Bohemians (Arkins could push the gypsies higher in the league)
6 UCD (a great cup run for the students)
7 Sligo Rovers (a good solid club, should be a permanent fixture in this division)
8 Longford Town (Will struggle especially at the back, never have been great at scoring goals, so will struggle to collect points.)
9 Dublin City (hopefully will not be bothered by relegation, should have enough to stay up.)
10 Bray Wanderers (Will struggle to repeat last seasons good form, but shouldn't be in trouble of relegation)
11 St. Patricks Athletic (No faith in John McDonnell's ability to manage a eL club, didn't impress at Dublin City)
12 Waterford United (No Dolan, lost a few players, Kerley managed wonders at Limerick, will need to match that to survive.)

Terry
16/01/2006, 7:49 AM
1) Shels
2) Derry
3) Cork
4) Drogs
5) Bohs
6) Pat's
7) UCD
8) Longford
9) Waterford
10) Sligo
11) Bray
12) Dublin City

Peadar
16/01/2006, 9:10 AM
1 Derry City (Kenny is the best manager in the league)

I'm surprised at everyone thinking that Derry will win the league. They did well this season with no expectation on them and no European involvement.
This season will be a different kettle of fish as they compete in Setanta, Europe and the domestic competitions.
That will show them up as also rans again this season.

1. Cork City FC
2. Shelbourne
3. Derry
4. Bohemians
5. Drogheda
6. St. Pat's
7. Sligo
8. Longford
9. UCD
10. Bray
11. Dublin City
12. Waterford

Cobh Ramblers to get promoted.
Dublin City to lose in a play-off to Shamrock Rovers.

Roo69
16/01/2006, 10:18 AM
1) Shels - Will bounce back from last season.

2) Cork - Very close call and will go to the wire again, wonder what the odds are of a Shels Vs. Cork match on the last day of the season ?

3) Derry - Great signing in McHugh and will give them a lot more extra firepower, a 3 horse race this season, just piped into 3rd place.

4) Drogs - Still a bit of work to be done but will be well clear of 5th place

5) Longford - Some good signings but lost 1 of there best players in Dillon, not enough quality in any of the other teams to do better than them though.

6) Bray - Just need to add a few decent signings to push further up the table, very little between us, Bohs and Longford last season.

7) Bohs - Steadily getting worse but again will be well clear of the bottom 5 teams. Good signings in Ferguson, Digger and McGuinness.

8) Pats - Could'nt do any worse than last season could they ? Decent signings with the likes of Rutherford and Murphy

9) UCD - Lost a few good players but will hold there own again.

10) Waterford - A 3 way battle for relegation but will have the experience to get them through

11) Dublin City - Some good signing in Malcom, O'Donnell, Rooney and Rogers, will just do enough to aviod automatic relegation.

12) Sligo - Not enough experience to make an impact at this level, lost a lot of players as well

I reckon the league will be broken into a few different division this year. Shels, Cork, Derry and Drogs to pull well clear of everyone. Longford, Bray and Bohs in there own mini league, Pats and UCD in there own mini leaguie and then Waterford, Dublin City and Sligo to contest the relegation places.

ccfcman
16/01/2006, 10:49 AM
1. Cork City
2. Sligo
3. Derry
4. Shels
5. Bohs

No one else matters

coislaoi
16/01/2006, 10:59 AM
1. Shels
2. Cork City
3. Derry City
4. Drogheda
5. Bohs
6. UCD
7. Bray
8. Sligo.
9. Longford
10. Dublin City
11. Pats
12. Waterford

I think Shels will be very determined this year to regain their title. No real Euro distraction for them - intertoto aside. The surprise element is gone in relation to Derry and while they have strengthened, 2nd season syndrome may affect them. I don't rate Doolin as a manager. He has the kind of money other managers would die for and won't deliver.

Galway to come up with Rovers playing off with Pats and Pats to go down.

sligoman
16/01/2006, 11:03 AM
1. Cork City
2. Sligo
3. Derry
4. Shels
5. Bohs

No one else mattersMy opinion of Cork fans is really starting to change for the better;) :D.

lofty9
16/01/2006, 11:16 AM
1 Derry City
2 Bohs
3 Sligo
4 Pats
5 Waterford
6 UCD
7 Bray
8 Drogheda
9 Dublin City
10 Shels
11 Longford
12 Cork City

I wish!

Speranza
16/01/2006, 11:47 AM
I'm surprised at everyone thinking that Derry will win the league. They did well this season with no expectation on them and no European involvement.
This season will be a different kettle of fish as they compete in Setanta, Europe and the domestic competitions.
That will show them up as also rans again this season.

I can't see fatigue affecting us TBH. We have a big squad but more importantly a second eleven which would walk onto most other teams in the premier. Players like Killian Brennan and Pat Mc Court fighting for one position means players can be rested without fear of inferior replacements.

Strength in depth I feel is the one downside to the Cork squad particularly in attack.

carrickharp
16/01/2006, 1:44 PM
1. Shels
2. Derry City
3. Cork City
4. Drogheda
5. Bohs
6. Pats
7. Sligo
8. Bray
9. Longford
10. UCD
11. Dublin City
12. Waterford

Rochey
16/01/2006, 2:10 PM
underestimate the drogs at your peril.

4) Drogheda
A bit behind with no real challenge, like this year. Their signings to date don't inspire confidence - being bank-rolled as they are, they should be looking higher than rejects from other clubs.

Pineapple stu i know you have a thing for Doolin but I think the Drogs will challenge and be there or there abouts coming in to the back end of the season. Remember a lot of our close season signings are will make us stronger in cover for a lot of positions. Also remember Jason Gavin and Keith Fahy will be playing there first full season with us and are both great players. Add that to the fact that if the likes Gavin Whelan continues the way he was going at the end of last season we will give any team a good go. Havent even mentioned Fabio, Webb, Gray, Robinson, Bradley or Sami Ristella. :p

coislaoi
16/01/2006, 2:13 PM
Havent even mentioned Fabio, Webb, Gray, Robinson, Bradley or Sami Ristella. :p

I thought he was gone back to Finland (or left anyway)?:confused:

Rochey
16/01/2006, 2:16 PM
I thought he was gone back to Finland (or left anyway)?

no unless you know something i dont. Jermaine Sandervielt has gone back to holland though so you could b thinking of him. Dont think Ristella is gone anyway.

Schumi
16/01/2006, 2:20 PM
1. Derry
2. Cork
3. Shels
4. Drogheda
5. Bohs
6. Longford
7. Waterford
8. UCD
9. Pats
10. Sligo