PDA

View Full Version : Dublin City for Dalymount

Pages : [1] 2

Breifne
13/01/2006, 12:16 AM
Well it seems that due to problems with their landlords Dublin City will be playing in Dalymount this season. I'm sure more details will be released in due course.

Ringo
13/01/2006, 7:49 AM
Well it seems that due to problems with their landlords Dublin City will be playing in Dalymount this season. I'm sure more details will be released in due course.But we are Home Farm, how could there be a problem;)

ThatGuy
13/01/2006, 8:01 AM
I see that it is confirmed on your site. Great news for all involved.

drummerboy
13/01/2006, 8:07 AM
Well it seems that due to problems with their landlords Dublin City will be playing in Dalymount this season. I'm sure more details will be released in due course.

Problems = monies owed?????

Passive
13/01/2006, 8:48 AM
Great news for all involved.

Didn't you forget the end of that sentence: "...in trying to somehow balance da boez books".

BohsFans
13/01/2006, 8:53 AM
Didn't you forget the end of that sentence: "...in trying to somehow balance da boez books".

Finally decent tennants!

Great news after that shower of filthy pigs that were tennants here last season.
Wonder what happened them?
Heard their proposed new place has hit a snag! :D :D

Passive
13/01/2006, 9:00 AM
Wonder what happened them?

Dealing with you lot was such a traumatic experience that we're taking a year off to tour the country. Bit of r 'n' r, spread the gospel, that sort of thing.

Fair play for your speedy response though. It can't be easy typing when you're standing on that financial tightrope.

Peadar
13/01/2006, 9:05 AM
It can't be easy typing when you're standing on that financial tightrope.

:D :D

Hurry back, we miss you already. ;)

BohsFans
13/01/2006, 9:36 AM
Fair play for your speedy response though. It can't be easy typing when you're standing on that financial tightrope.

It's much easier doing it from the lofty position of the Premier Division than the graveyard that the scum are in :D

BohDiddley
13/01/2006, 9:41 AM
At current supporter base projections, we'll be opening the new 400-seater stand for them in 2050.
In the meantime, Bohs have yet to issue a press release (no surprise there) as to what row in what block of the Jodi will be used. Other, of course, than for the annual re-union planned for DCHF fans around the world, courtesy of Carrolls, expected to pack out the home of Irish football. :cool:

ThatGuy
13/01/2006, 9:44 AM
Well I wouldn't put it quite like that as I'm not a sad little white wannabe gangster rapper like you seem to be, but it is good news for the club's finances ;)

NY Hoop
13/01/2006, 10:50 AM
Major relief for da boez then. They badly needed some club to come in to replace the obscene rent we were paying.

Will CHF break the lowest ever attendance record next season? Where will seery get the money to rent dalymount?

Seery: "We're trying to move the club onto the next level":D :D :D

KOH

thomas
13/01/2006, 10:58 AM
Could you mean the €800k hole in their balance sheet?

Breifne
13/01/2006, 11:15 AM
Problems = monies owed?????

Not actually, Home Farm for some insane reason didn't want to develop their ground with seats, even though there was a lot of money on the table (300k in lottery money to be exact). They were trying to cause problems at every turn for the club. Bohs was a five minute negotiation. Done Deal. Better Facilities, Only marginally higher rent. Home Farm lost about 20-30k in rent, 10-15k in bar takings and 300k in grants along with probably another 300-500k over the next five years in further grants.

BohsFans
13/01/2006, 11:20 AM
Not actually, Home Farm for some insane reason didn't want to develop their ground with seats, even though there was a lot of money on the table (300k in lottery money to be exact). They were trying to cause problems at every turn for the club. Bohs was a five minute negotiation. Done Deal. Better Facilities, Only marginally higher rent. Home Farm lost about 20-30k in rent, 10-15k in bar takings and 300k in grants along with probably another 300-500k over the next five years in further grants.

So where are you gonna be playing in 5 yrs time?

Passive
13/01/2006, 11:20 AM
Even by the most basic calculations, one has to wonder how Seery is doing it. Dalymount won't come cheaper than at least €2.5 - 3k, plus a wage bill of a Premier Division team which has to be in the region of €8 - 10k. Add in other costs (buses, hotels, training facilities, meals, administrative costs etc. etc.) and, even allowing for the c.€5k he'll get in gate receipts every fortnight, the man is either a financial genius or is heading himself up for a massive fall.

Thomas - the 800k hole, is that boez or "dublin city"...

Passive
13/01/2006, 11:22 AM
10-15k in bar takings

And that's just what Gavin McDonnell would have given them :rolleyes:

dcfcsteve
13/01/2006, 11:47 AM

Who are you talking about here Breifne - the only club in the league who can rightly be called 'Home Farm' is Dublin City ?

Does the Junior set-up of Home Farm own a fancy ground somewhere ? Bloody hell - where'd they get the cash for that ?? :eek:

Breifne
13/01/2006, 12:28 PM
Who are you talking about here Breifne - the only club in the league who can rightly be called 'Home Farm' is Dublin City ?

Does the Junior set-up of Home Farm own a fancy ground somewhere ? Bloody hell - where'd they get the cash for that ?? :eek:

They own that for years, they are the same club that used to be in the national league. Dublin City are not Home Farm, they are a completely different entity.

pineapple stu
13/01/2006, 12:38 PM
Oh for God's sake don't start this again...

On a serious note - if Home Farm aren't willing to upgrade the ground for what appears to be the foreseeable future, where does that leave DC? There's now no grounds for a UEFA Licence (in theory; we all know how well that works in practice...) and seeing what 20 years of wandering has done to Shamrock Rovers, who had a decent fan-base to start with, I don't see how youz can possibly survive moving around every other year?

drummerboy
13/01/2006, 12:44 PM

Pity really, I think you'd have got better gates at Whitehall. Surprised they didn't head back to Santry. It would have been a lot cheaper, facilities are a lot better there now, than when they last played. Pitch has just been widened.

Ringo
13/01/2006, 12:58 PM
Pity really, I think you'd have got better gates at Whitehall. Surprised they didn't head back to Santry. It would have been a lot cheaper, facilities are a lot better there now, than when they last played. Pitch has just been widened.
:eek:

Poor Student
13/01/2006, 6:13 PM
I know it's a better stadium but I think this is desperate news for Dublin City. Such a new club needs to carve out a niche and find its own spot to ever hope to develop a fanbase. City won't do that at Dalymount. I reckon you're highly unlikely ever to expand your own fanbase by much (doesn't matter if I support UCD before someone says) and at this stage look unlikely to ever nail down your own ground.

Maynard
13/01/2006, 6:33 PM
Terrible news. Utterly dejected all day after I heard it this morning. It's no reflection on Bohs (obviously) and it's not DC's fault that things fell through, but it's us who will have to pick up the pieces. Alot of my optimism for the coming year has been dashed. That said the news is still sinking in. A HUGE amount of work has to be put in off the field during the year to finally put some wheels on the stadium project, there is no alternative now. HF and Dublin City will never cross paths again after this. Sink or swim.:(

Gerrit
13/01/2006, 7:04 PM
Seery doesn't seem to mind.

"I'd like to thank Gerry Cuffe and Bohemians for been so accommodating and I look forward to an exciting new era for Dublin City," concluded Seery.

However...

"Bohs have commited significant resources into development work and it's pleasing that we can now avail of the best facilities in the capital for our home games."

:eek: :eek:

TOLKA PARK and nothing else is the best venue in Dublin.

bohs til i die
13/01/2006, 7:45 PM
Seery doesn't seem to mind.

However...

"Bohs have commited significant resources into development work and it's pleasing that we can now avail of the best facilities in the capital for our home games."

:eek: :eek:

TOLKA PARK and nothing else is the best venue in Dublin.

Tolka may be the best, but only because its the least worst. The place is a kip, regardless of how many seats there is

Derek
13/01/2006, 9:53 PM
Terrible news. Utterly dejected all day after I heard it this morning. It's no reflection on Bohs (obviously) and it's not DC's fault that things fell through, but it's us who will have to pick up the pieces. Alot of my optimism for the coming year has been dashed. That said the news is still sinking in. A HUGE amount of work has to be put in off the field during the year to finally put some wheels on the stadium project, there is no alternative now. HF and Dublin City will never cross paths again after this. Sink or swim.:(

Totally agree.

BohsFans
14/01/2006, 11:25 AM
Again I'll ask, where are you gonna be playing in 5 yrs time?

Aren't youse susposed to be playing in Stadium Ireland in front of 80,000 in the CL group stages next season according to Seery?

Roverstillidie
14/01/2006, 4:13 PM
Again I'll ask, where are you gonna be playing in 5 yrs time?

i think you should be more worried about where you will be playing in 5 years if rumour is to be believed.....

Maynard
14/01/2006, 5:09 PM
[QUOTE=BohsFans]Again I'll ask, where are you gonna be playing in 5 yrs time?

5 years was the minimum period in which we had to be in HF to free up the Dublin City eL monies to build the new stand. If that had been signed then the club would have used the intermitent time frame to try and establish our own ground that has been mooted since year dot...

Doesn't really matter a sh1t now either way

Derek
14/01/2006, 5:47 PM
Having had time to think about this one I have now come to the conclusion that maybe it's not such a bad thing, If we had concentreted so much time and effort into updating Whitehall then our own stadium project would have suffered and also the fact that Dalyer is one of the best in the country then all we have to do is show up, play the games and pay the rent. It will leave the chairman free to work on project "Dublin City build stadium and conquer the world". So all in all in we can stay in Dalyer until our stadium is built then maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Poor Student
14/01/2006, 6:33 PM
So Derek, DCFC actually plan to build their own stadium at some point? Do you think that's even mildly realistic?

Maynard
14/01/2006, 9:08 PM
So Derek, DCFC actually plan to build their own stadium at some point? Do you think that's even mildly realistic?

Herein lies the problem. Not to scoff at it entirely PC, as I say the idea is not a new one, and AFAIK several people have showed more than a passing interest in developing a ground/retail park with us, HOWEVER...knowing full well the rediculous price of land, and its lack of abundance (just ask any first time buyer) I just can't in my heart of hearts (as much as I would like to believe it) see it happening, unless we were to say win a cup? or qualify for the Setanta or something. So I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, because it is more than "mildly realistic" but at the same time I can only fervantly pray that the man in charge can really pull out the stops on this issue. Otherwise I just can't see the point. From a fans perspective we're not going to pick up any more admirers playing out of Bohs backgarden, and the loyal ones who rarely miss a game are going to start feeling pretty jerked around at this stage of the game. No digs, just being honest.

Poor Student
14/01/2006, 10:14 PM
Chicken and egg kind of thing really isn't it? You're not going to get any fans without your own stadium but you're not going to build a new stadium without any fans. It's a conumdrum for me that makes the club's long term prospects look bleak.

BohsFans
14/01/2006, 11:02 PM
Herein lies the problem. Not to scoff at it entirely PC, as I say the idea is not a new one, and AFAIK several people have showed more than a passing interest in developing a ground/retail park with us, HOWEVER...knowing full well the rediculous price of land, and its lack of abundance (just ask any first time buyer) I just can't in my heart of hearts (as much as I would like to believe it) see it happening, unless we were to say win a cup? or qualify for the Setanta or something. So I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, because it is more than "mildly realistic" but at the same time I can only fervantly pray that the man in charge can really pull out the stops on this issue. Otherwise I just can't see the point. From a fans perspective we're not going to pick up any more admirers playing out of Bohs backgarden, and the loyal ones who rarely miss a game are going to start feeling pretty jerked around at this stage of the game. No digs, just being honest.

So basically nothing is gonna happen on the stadium front!
No site, no land, no money, no nothing really!
You and the scum are still gonna homeless in 10 years time!

Raheny Red
15/01/2006, 12:40 PM
So are your ties completely gone with Home Farm now. Will DCFC still be getting HF's schoolboys for their under 21 eL side???:confused:

anto eile
15/01/2006, 4:50 PM
Tolka may be the best, but only because its the least worst. The place is a kip, regardless of how many seats there is
very true regarding tolka.
one point though-in the next few months the new shed should be developed at turners cross.making it the best ground in the EL.not because its the least sh!t, but because it will be actually a decent enough ,tidy small ground.ideal for EL football.

fao "bohsfans" your last comment about Rovers shows you havent a clue. though regarding homefarmcityfingaldublinvikingerevertonedrumcondra carrolls fc youre right.theyre fvcked. seerys delusional pipe dream looks like its falling apart.thank fluck

Maynard
15/01/2006, 5:05 PM
So are your ties completely gone with Home Farm now. Will DCFC still be getting HF's schoolboys for their under 21 eL side???:confused:

Yep I'd say that's the end of it now. AFAIK there was no direct structure in place whereby the HF lads went straight on to our books, but our U21 staff certainly kept a close eye on them, with DCFC trialists often looked at in pre-season friendlies against Home Farm sides. Rocky tried to make peace with HF once already, knowing a fair bit about the man I'd say it'd be a safe bet that it will never happen again. As I said, sink or swim.

Snoop Drog
15/01/2006, 9:38 PM
homefarmcityfingaldublinvikingerevertonedrumcondra carrolls fc

LMFAO :D

Roverstillidie
15/01/2006, 11:13 PM
So basically nothing is gonna happen on the stadium front!
No site, no land, no money, no nothing really!
You and the scum are still gonna homeless in 10 years time!

:D id start listening to the whispers closer to home if i were you. we are in a more stable position regarding stadia than you....

NY Hoop
16/01/2006, 1:02 PM
Who mentioned anything about CHF getting a stadium? Why would you build a stadium for 80 people?

This is good news that Home Farm have basically told seery to go and do one. With a bit of luck over the next few years CHF will cease and do everyone a favour as they cannot rent forever with their gates.

KOH

Raheny Red
16/01/2006, 1:56 PM
How on earth will DCFC be doing everyone a favour if they cease and become extinct??

What good is it if we lose another team in this country? Just think, the league will get alot more negative publicity if this happens?

So, how will it be good for the league, becaue I am baffled by your comments??:confused: :confused: :confused:

BohsFans
16/01/2006, 2:15 PM
fao "bohsfans" your last comment about Rovers shows you havent a clue.

How exactly?

BohsFans
16/01/2006, 2:18 PM
:D id start listening to the whispers closer to home if i were you. we are in a more stable position regarding stadia than you....

I know full well what's happening at home and "home is something youse aint gonna have for a long time. Looks like the GAA are digging their heals in :)

NY Hoop
16/01/2006, 3:06 PM
How on earth will DCFC be doing everyone a favour if they cease and become extinct??

What good is it if we lose another team in this country? Just think, the league will get alot more negative publicity if this happens?

So, how will it be good for the league, becaue I am baffled by your comments??

Why do you think? It's obvious to everyone else:eek:

A club that was brought into the league with no support in a capital city that already has 5 senior sides, no ground with no possibility of owning one, attendances barely breaking 3 figures.

The league wont get negative publicity if CHF cease to exist. Who would notice?

KOH

BohDiddley
16/01/2006, 4:01 PM

So, how will it be good for the league, becaue I am baffled by your comments??:confused: :confused: :confused:
Do you honestly think there is enough room in north Dublin for Bohs, Shelbourne and DC? Or in all of Dublin for Bohs, Pats, Rovers, Shelbourne and DC? I don't know what lenses you use to read reports of Irsh football economics, but I'd sure like a go of them!
Football in Dublin needs another EL team, premiership or 1st division, like a hole in the head. In an ideal world, where EL clubs were properly recognised and resourced, rather than constantly fighting financial firefights, Bohs would tell this runt of a club to go and sling its hook.

dcfcsteve
16/01/2006, 4:21 PM

Did the league get bad publicity when St Francis or St James's Gate dropped out ? I don't think anyone even noticed.....

And unlike Dublin City, those clubs had their own ground. All Dublin City has to keep it going is rampant and unceasing ambition.

Poor Student
16/01/2006, 4:21 PM
Or in all of Dublin for Bohs, Pats, Rovers, Shelbourne and DC?

Forget UCD?

BohDiddley
16/01/2006, 4:29 PM
Mea culpa. :eek:
I also forgot Bray ;)

Raheny Red
16/01/2006, 5:49 PM
What good is it going to do for the league if DCFC go out of business?

Yes, they have shít attendances but they proved they are worthy enough on the field! We are still in pre-season now let's see how things develope over the coming months!!